Steve McClaren

Dave

Said it before, keyword now is desperate. It all depends on how desperate the situation is for the fat man. His SportsDirect is losing money and he knows relegation means he loses out on all the £££ coming in especially after he let McClaren spend big in January.

Does he like to gamble? History suggest yes. But the stakes for him right now is higher than it has ever been before. If he was a clever businessman, he would sack McClaren eventhough it will cost him money, throw some money to get a good, big name, succesful replacement in and at the end of the season, end up with guaranteed £££ if we avoid the drop. It all depends on how desperate he is.

If they had any intentions of sacking him it would have already been done, we are stuck with him as he takes us down

This is a club that sacked Chris Hughton BUT let Pardew and Carver preside over defeat after defeat, not sure why Ashley won't sack him as it is more costly gong down to The Championship BUT trying to understand what goes on in the head of Ashley is an exercise in futility

Ashley loves money too much not to do something IMO.

That's the ONLY thing giving me hope that they'll give McClaren the boot.  It's the last hand Ashley can play in the hope of staying up.

In the past, they've released statements late on a Sunday night so I'd say that if we wake up tomorrow with no news, then he's staying.

I'm sure Hughton went during the working week, I heard it on the radio while travelling to work mid morning.

The defeat to Chelsea was a good time for them to get rid of him. But at that time, not many of the media or even fans we on the Sack McClaren bandwagon. Had they sacked him then and we were still relegated, they could have been blamed for sacking him too early and not giving him time and trust.

Now after yesterday, everyone is calling for McClaren's head, they should go through with sacking him and if it doesn't work out, they can simply blame the fans and press for forcing him out. Win-win for Ashley & co.

I don't really see how McClaren can stay. From the Ashley.out pov it's probably better that he stays. If Ashley just lets us drift towards relegation the anger's soon going to get redirected at him. So yeah, by all means keep yes man McClaren in charge, we need to hear the old get out of our club song in full voice again.

Am hoping Ashley see's Leicester and realises what can be achieved with a quality manager.

Why?!! That would raise fans expectations, god forbid we want Champions League every year and then when we don't achieve it, we abuse the fat bastard!!

He is happy with mid table. Which btw I'd love right now!

You say that yet they let the bloke continue the job over the break, the perfect time to sack him.

Exactly, and under Ashley the club have a long history of making controversial [sic] decisions at the start of international breaks etc. We have/had one game in 28 days, he'd have gone by now if they were considering it.

They're fucking clueless man, how much more evidence do people require?

Do many sackings get announced on a Sunday? Seems to be a Monday afternoon.

Think this season we had two on the same Sunday afternoon iinm. Can't remember who it was but think Rodgers was one of them. Could be wrong though.

EDIT: it was Advocat resigning and Rodgers sacked 4 October 2015

You say that yet they let the bloke continue the job over the break, the perfect time to sack him.

Exactly, and under Ashley the club have a long history of making controversial [sic] decisions at the start of international breaks etc. We have/had one game in 28 days, he'd have gone by now if they were considering it.

They're fucking clueless man, how much more evidence do people require?

Maybe they were crossing their fingers and hoping we'd win against Bournemouth. Every game we lose is building to a critical mass. Do you believe Ashley will just accept relegation and say "oh well, never mind the £80m, we might come back up again with some luck? I don't.