Steve McClaren

Dave

We could now find ourselves in a situation where he stays by default as they can't find anyone else to take over and has therefore lost any last shred of credibility he might have had as absolutely everyone knows they were deperate to bin him.

I really think it's a matter of sack him now or we go down.

We have Leicester away next, certain 0 points under McCLaren, therefore clearly stupid idea to sack him after that rather than now.

Can you imagine the pressure on the Sunderland game? If we lose that it's game over.

Sack him now, get someone in for Leicester and you never know, could sneak a point at Leicester or at least put in a performance.

Then at least we are in a fresh position to go at Sunderland with replacement having been in for 10 days or so rather than just 4/5.

I think they will gamble on a new manager bounce before the mackems (assuming a loss at Leicester). May as well just do it now.

You're right and this brings up another point; in what other line of work do you get sacked for being sh*t and get your contract paid up? This is the reason that snivelling wretches in football management don't resign anymore. But if a manager fails at his job, has been given time to improve his performance and hasn't, then surely it's just P45 time? No compensation package, just a reference to say that he has worked there and maybe a "future endeavours" message.

People do have contracts paid up away from football, sometimes it's easier to pay then up than try to fight a case that they were fairly dismissed.  The only difference is that away from football they'll not be paid the eye watering figures that people like McClaren will receive.  Keeping company cars and going on gardening leave is quite common in large companies.

A new manager needs as much time as possible to look at the team on the training pitch, needs a weeks preparation before the next game.  I still can't see macca being ditched though.

Imagine going to work and being told to just wait in the car park until they can see if they can find someone better than you.

Lee Ryder's update isn't encouraging. Says McClaren will present his case to Charnley. The fact that it's taking so long shows there's enough doubt and I'm worried he'll get a chance to talk himself back in :(

A new manager needs as much time as possible to look at the team on the training pitch, needs a weeks preparation before the next game.  I still can't see macca being ditched though.

As someone else said these fucknuts probably see Leicester as a write off anyway, their target for any replacement to impact will probably be the derby.

How can they know so little when their job is the day to day running of the club? It's fucking staggering.

Lee Ryder's update isn't encouraging. Says McClaren will present his case to Charnley. The fact that it's taking so long shows there's enough doubt and I'm worried he'll get a chance to talk himself back in :(

Where does Charnley and Moncur being in the Central Station fit in with him being given another chance?

Plenty of time to sit and consider what monumental horse's arse you'd made of the situation to find yourself in that predicament though. :lol:

Where does Charnley and Moncur being in the Central Station fit in with him being given another chance?

It's the only Burger King in town, I think.

Present his case to Charnley. :lol:

Charnley could probably present his case for him, why even bother?

"Aye Steve, on reflection I made the right choice 100% giving you the job."

Guest The Little Waster

Perhaps they were just hanging around the gents looking for a bit of action ? :  )

They must have been making enquiries with alternatives and the chances are they've scared them off. Unless there is a sea change in policy any ambitious manager would tell us to do one. If he stays I hope we get stuffed by Leicester and suffer more embarrassment against the Mackems.

It's the only Burger King in town, I think.

Poor Burger King knowledge.