Steve McClaren

Dave

Can anyone actually remember the last time we made an appointment they were particularly happy with? Or appointed a manager who wasn't on the way down in terms of their career rather than up before joining us?

Keegan after fat Sam. Could not have been more delighted. I thought I had actually got Ashley all wrong.

This. Then it went all wrong.

Can anyone actually remember the last time we made an appointment they were particularly happy with? Or appointed a manager who wasn't on the way down in terms of their career rather than up before joining us?

Keegan after fat Sam. Could not have been more delighted. I thought I had actually got Ashley all wrong.

At that point he'd done nowt to be hated for if I recall correctly? It was the whole, Vetere/Jimenez/Wise vs Keegan that started it off. He had inherited Allardyce, given him a decent amount of time, and Mort was saying all the right things. Outside of initially bringing Keegan back, Mort's the only reasonably competent decision Ashley's made in my opinion, and I think that was a fluke.

At that point he'd done nowt to be hated for if I recall correctly? It was the whole, Vetere/Jimenez/Wise vs Keegan that started it off. He had inherited Allardyce, given him a decent amount of time, and Mort was saying all the right things. Outside of initially bringing Keegan back, Mort's the only reasonably competent decision Ashley's made in my opinion, and I think that was a fluke.

I had worked for the bloke, if you read back to when he (Ashley) joined I said I didn't want him anywhere near our club and it would end badly for us.

I remember sitting just in front of him at an away game, think it might've been Coventry. Not sure if that would've been in the cup or the championship.

Must've been the cup I suppose, if we was with the fans.

...Alan.

I remember sitting just in front of him at an away game, think it might've been Coventry. Not sure if that would've been in the cup or the championship.

Must've been the cup I suppose, if we was with the fans.

...Alan.

:lol:

He!

Working so no time to catch up, fucks going on?

Newcastle is Newcastling the fuck out of this decision.

Sake man. Still there's no way in earth we can compete with Leicester right so we might as well take our sweet time in the knowledge we could never get anything from that game.

Guest awaymag

If they keep McLaren then I hope the fans finally get the message that NUFC is only going one direction - that is down.  Time to make your decision - do you keep going out of duty or make the decision not to return to St James Park until the club is sold

Sake man. Still there's no way in earth we can compete with Leicester right so we might as well take our sweet time in the knowledge we could never get anything from that game.

:lol: It's the same move every year. Don't do anything and hope the fans calm down.

[emoji38]It's the same move every year. Don't do anything and hope the fans calm down.

I mean looking back from this perspective at this point in time I can understand that mindset to a degree. However the fans calming down isn't going to help the useless cunts out of this mess ffs. Fans never barely made a rumble tbh.

They're fucked in the head, so frustrating.

[emoji38]It's the same move every year. Don't do anything and hope the fans calm down.

I mean looking back from this perspective at this point in time I can understand that mindset to a degree. However the fans calming down isn't going to help the useless cunts out of this mess ffs. Fans never barely made a rumble tbh.

:lol: They just assume we'll stay up every year. They gamble every fucking season.

Objectively speaking, the last glimmer of hope of turning things around under McClaren was after the break in Spain. We have actually got worse since then, and the w*****s in charge should see that the longer they delay the inevitable, the harder it will be for us to pull ourselves out of this mess. Boggles the mind.

Rafa would be "on the way down" if he took the job. Would be a brilliant appointment

[emoji38]They just assume we'll stay up every year. They gamble every fucking season.

I said the other week I can't comprehend that someone's job could be to run a football club day in day out for as long as Charnley has and have so little clue about the game. Crazy as fuck.

Since there's no news as the club completely disregards their fanbase again, I thought I'd start reading this thread from the beginning. Only up to page 26 so far, but it's fun to see the opinions of folk before he was appointed and who had the measure of him from the start. Rather enjoying it.

[emoji38]They just assume we'll stay up every year. They gamble every fucking season.

I said the other week I can't comprehend that someone's job could be to run a football club day in day out for as long as Charnley has and have so little clue about the game. Crazy as fuck.

I can. To know something really well you need to engage with it for years on a fundamental level. Any one of us could do his job better than him, except Slim.