Steve McClaren

Dave

"Sorry to ask Steve, but can you take training again tomorrow? We've nearly got your replacement sorted out. I promise you'll be sacked by tomorrow night at the very latest. We really do appreciate it. Just hang on in there, mate."

If McClaren is remaining on the board, it would make sense. I.e he's still taking training until a new manager is found.

The board position is irrelevant on all of this.

Apart from what I have just said.

Guest neesy111

If McClaren is remaining on the board, it would make sense. I.e he's still taking training until a new manager is found.

He can't be removed until he's voted off,  that will require Ashley to attend the meeting as he is the majority shareholder.  He can be sacked as an employee though and remain on the board.

He can't be removed until he's voted off,  that will require Ashley to attend the meeting as he is the majority shareholder.  He can be sacked as an employee though and remain on the board.

Why sack him, when he can take the training sessions whilst looking for a replacement?

"Sorry to ask Steve, but can you take training again tomorrow? We've nearly got your replacement sorted out. I promise you'll be sacked by tomorrow night at the very latest. We really do appreciate it. Just hang on in there, mate."

He's not getting sacked, it'll be gardening leave, then he'll be given the choice to walk or take over again if we go down.

I don't think I've ever heard of a manager (head coach I know) in football who was kept on while there was a quite public search for his replacement going on. Our lot like to do things differently, but I still think it's highly unlikely, especially the McClaren going along with it part. Surely he would demand to be put on gardening leave if he had effectively been told to be the caretaker until they've found their guy?

So you think nothing's going on then? Why don't they just come out and back him so that we can move on?

Where's the fun in that? Remember the January after Pardew left, with all the supposed sounding out potential managers, 80 high profile candidates had put their name in the head yadayada? Meanwhile Carver took to the bench game after game and it wasn't until a full month after Pardew left, by the time we all knew Carver would get/keep the gig he was gagging for, that they finally confirmed Carver would stay in place until the end of the season? Their master plan was what? To wait until McClaren became available? Steve f***ing McClaren? And you would trust these men to make the correct decision and pull it off?

I do think something is going on alright: they're in a pickle and they're buying time in the hope that things will sort themselves out on the pitch with McClaren. People don't seriously believe we are after Rafa Benitez or capable of pulling such a deal off do they?

No, I wouldn't trust them to make the right decision, not at all. But in the past they've been quick to deny any claims of the manager (Pardew) being on the verge of being sacked. Now every news source claim that McClaren is doomed and that we're looking for a replacement, and they say nothing.

It's likely they fail to get anyone in though, and let McClaren get on with it, like nothing has happened.

"Steve, do you mind taking training for one more day? We're just trying to find someone to take your job. Cheers"

Why does everyone think he didn't say that? :lol: He 100% said it after practicing in the mirror for half an hour. He's a gormless thumb, why are you putting anything past him :lol:

"Steve, do you mind taking training for one more day? We're just trying to find someone to take your job. Cheers"

Why does everyone think he didn't say that? :lol: He 100% said it after practicing in the mirror for half an hour. He's a gormless thumb, why are you putting anything past him :lol:

No, I think he did say that :lol:

Getting Benitez in (assuming it does happen) has to be a huge change in intent, from Ashley. Lets just hope the cunts aren't trolling us again.

If Benitez were to come in and keep us up, I'd have to consider ending my St James' exile.