Capello confirmed as new England manager

kirkwdavis2001
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think they've got this one right.

I'd have liked Mourinho as he knows England and can speak English, but this for me is second choice, and a superb one.

He's got a long time to learn English and watch the Prem until our next meaningful game, i expect he'll do a very good job, Sven level at least.

Well done the FA, although i hear they are paying him £130kpw, which is madness, lets hope we don't have to sack him!

my response to this: "meh".

If he takes England to 2010 world cup victory, my response:  :clap:

If we get there and don't win it, my response: "meh"

You should all be doing fuckin cartwheels  :laugh:

why?  Just don't see why an appointment had to be made now.  Should have just let Brooking/Pearce do it until next summer as we have nowt to play for.  Then start the search after Euro 2008 when theres bound to be a lot of managerial movement.

I don't think they're paying him £130,000 per week at all.  Originally it was supposed to be £83,000 per week.  This £130,000 figure only came out after we found out he'd persuaded the FA to take on four of his staff.  So I'd say the £47,000 difference is probably what those four are being paid combined.

why?  Just don't see why an appointment had to be made now.  Should have just let Brooking/Pearce do it until next summer as we have nowt to play for.  Then start the search after Euro 2008 when theres bound to be a lot of managerial movement.

The non-stop shit the FA would have taken from the media means that was never likely to happen

There's two sides to that coin though.

If the FA had done that and ended up with whoever everybody else didn't want then they would have been panned for not acting quickly enough with Capello.  Managers of his calibre don't stay unemployed for long.

I love it how FA spokesmen are coming out and saying that "we feel we've made the right appointment".

To be honest, they've appointed their only real choice.  Mourinho knocked it back and no-one else jumped at the chance to take the job.  Capello was the only one who threw his name into the hat.  (Redknapp said he'd take it if they asked him, but didn't go all out and say he wanted to leave Pompey to take it).

Oh, and I love this from Setanta Sports News (I have virgin so don't get skysports news): "We asked soccer legend Steve Claridge, and he had this to say..."

The non-stop s*** the FA would have taken from the media means that was never likely to happen

True.  I agree with you there.  But then again the FA deserve all she shite they get anyway.  They're a bunch of fuckwits who fucked up with the last mug they appointed and should have been made to resign from their posts

The non-stop s*** the FA would have taken from the media means that was never likely to happen

True.  I agree with you there.  But then again the FA deserve all she shite they get anyway.  They're a bunch of fuckwits who fucked up with the last mug they appointed and should have been made to resign from their posts

Fast forward two years and we'll be posting the same thing again probably.

True.  I agree with you there.  But then again the FA deserve all she s**** they get anyway.  They're a bunch of fuckwits who f***** up with the last mug they appointed and should have been made to resign from their posts

Fast forward two years and we'll be posting the same thing again probably.

More than likely.  I've always felt I could be part of the top brass at the FA.  It always makes me laugh that after leaving, Crozier went to become head of the Post Office.  That says something about the lack of football knowledge you need to have to do the job.

........or the lack of postage knowledge you need to do the post-office job...

More than likely.  I've always felt I could be part of the top brass at the FA.  It always makes me laugh that after leaving, Crozier went to become head of the Post Office.  That says something about the lack of football knowledge you need to have to do the job.

........or the lack of postage knowledge you need to do the post-office job...

Crozier being Chief Executive was probably the best thing that could have happened to them.  The fact that they couldn't see it sums up what is wrong with the FA

Shitting a brick now tbh.

The thought of England actually winning a World Cup terrifies me, and now they finally have a coach capable of making it happen. Sven could have, but he never really did his own thing or showed the necessary balls required for the job. There'll be no such problems with Capello.

It's not that I'd begrudge the players and people of England the glory of a World Cup, just the thought of seeing John Terry or some such tosser gleefully lifting the World Cup above his head every four minutes on television (every single time Sky Sports News goes to adds breaks for instance) is too much to take. I'd basically have to give up television, it'd be a nightmare.

'Capello's four-and-a-half year deal could be worth £6m a year'

Fuckin' 'ell.

No shit!! See why wouldn't someone like that just take 2 million a year, and help feed starvation in Africa with the remaining 4? I'm sure it wouldn't kill him! Hell the FA could do it themselves!

The amounts of money in football these days is filthy. I know its a cliche...but it still rattles my brain!

On the face of it, this is a good appointment for England, and somewhat of a coup. Although Capello himself may or may not succeed...it doesn't matter. I think he will bring with him a new and different angle to show the English footballing culture, that will hopefully leave a lasting mark that will change the public's mentality into a winning mentality. Something which I think has been the biggest hinderance to England teams since the disappointments of '86 and '90.

I was listening to Talksport on the way home and they were saying some idiot 'stormed' the press briefing saying that people smoking on films is breeding a new Holocaust. :lol:

I saw it on Skysports news :lol: He had a sign behind the guy speaking, he told him to "carry on" but whoever was taking the briefing said he wouldn't continue with him stood behind so he left :lol:

6 m a year is alot, but then the FA were paying Erikkson 13k a week for not being England manager so they prob think they got a good deal lol, i could imagine that Barwick doing a Leeds utd-Seth Johnson kinda deal.

Capello-Id like 4 million a year

Barwick-ok well will you take 6 million ???

Capello-???? em ok i suppose so

Possibly the biggest w****** I've ever seen, pictured outside the FA headquarters today:

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6595/2007121415gyi0051118884ze5.jpg

It's proof that care in the community isn't working.

Possibly the biggest w****** I've ever seen, pictured outside the FA headquarters today:

It's proof that care in the community isn't working.

Bet he is a fully paid up member of the B.N.P and has a massive picture of the queen tattooed on his arse .

Guest elbee909

Speccy will be delighted.

Capello is expected to be unveiled on Monday, with Stuart Pearce the likely Englishman among his backroom staff.

Capello out.

Capella in.  "U Got 2 Let The Music".  Classic.

Post of the year for me (a casual and occasional contributor to this site)

Seconded!

Guest elbee909

Possibly the biggest wanker I've ever seen, pictured outside the FA headquarters today:

What a prize cunt.  Probably doesn't realise that the Union Jack is the _BRITISH_ flag rather than the English one.  Too busy using his nice big stencil.  That was obviously missing a comma.

So what's his username on here?

What a prize c***.  Probably doesn't realise that the Union Jack is the _BRITISH_ flag rather than the English one.  Too busy using his nice big stencil.  That was obviously missing a comma.

So what's his username on here?

Guess?