Blackburn (A) Pre match thread

NSG

Team according to Radio Newcastle:

4-5-1/4-3-3

Given, Beye, Rozenhal, Faye, Zog, Geremi, Barton, Butt, Milner, Martins, Smith

I don't have too much of a problem with that. N'Zogbia at left-back is the only real thing that you can properly criticise; but if we're playing 4-3-3, there's no place for him in midfield and he's done well from deep earlier in the season.

Good line-up imo. Just hope it's not all-out long ball.

Am I the only one who thinks N'Zogbia could be absolutely lethal playing as left sided striker/winger in the 4-3-3?

He has a great eye for goal and if you get him one on one with the full-back he has about a 800% better chance of actually going by his man and getting in a cross than either Milner (who'll go by his man before checking back and allowing the defence to get in position to deal with his cross) or Martins (who can beat his man with sheer pace but seems determined to not do so if possible).

But no, lampoon him at LB where he's a liability defensively and can only effect the game getting forward when we're on top, which is pretty much never.

only worres are the distinct lack of creativity in midfield - butt is an anchorman, geremi a watercarrier and barton gets on the ends of chances not create them himself. then zoggy is defensively shocking at LB, but he's done a lot of good attacking from that position this season. i worry someone like bentley will take him apart. smith at centre-forward should work but it remains to be seen. milner will have to try and vary his game more than usual, putting crosses into the box from 50 yards out will be useless in this formation.

Ecstatic about that line pup to be honest. I was dumbfounded when we didn't go with a 4-3-3 last week. Now is the time to see if we can make it work while Owen is out.

I also think Martins has been doing a bit better from that wider position for us because he doesn't have to receive the ball with his back to goal which is when he is more prone to lose the ball.

Great to see Geremi back in a central position too and I expect him to get back to being the link between the defence and the rest of the team which he did a quietly good job of earlier in the season.

I'm actually looking forward to this now.

4-5-1/4-3-3

I don't have too much of a problem with that. N'Zogbia at left-back is the only real thing that you can properly criticise; but if we're playing 4-3-3, there's no place for him in midfield and he's done well from deep earlier in the season.

Am I the only one who thinks N'Zogbia could be absolutely lethal playing as left sided striker/winger in the 4-3-3?

He has a great eye for goal and if you get him one on one with the full-back he has about a 800% better chance of actually going by his man and getting in a cross than either Milner (who'll go by his man before checking back and allowing the defence to get in position to deal with his cross) or Martins (who can beat his man with sheer pace but seems determined to not do so if possible).

But no, lampoon him at LB where he's a liability defensively and can only effect the game getting forward when we're on top, which is pretty much never.

Well according to HTT, Allardyce wont play him there until he learns to defend.

Expect to see Martins at right back next week.

Great, our most dangerous midfielder at full-back.

Where he has scored all his goals and created all his assists from this season.

And cost us goals as well (Man City for instance).

Does well from full-back getting forward but, as I said above, he'd be about 800% more effective than either Milner or Martins playing out wide just off the striker.

4-5-1/4-3-3

Well according to HTT, Allardyce wont play him there until he learns to defend.

Expect to see Martins at right back next week.

:lol:

I'll just assume he actually said that.

Line up looks good, as long as he doesn't do something like this with it

Given

Geremi  Beye   Roz   Faye

Smith

Zog    Barton  Butt  Milner

Martins

Och imagine if he did. :lol: I wouldn't put it past him.

That line up doesn't look like a winner to me, it's hardly different to the ones that are called shit most weeks. Our most creative player once again has to run the full length of the pitch to do some damage. 

Given

Beye Rozehnal Faye N'Zogbia

Geremi Butt Barton

Milner Smith Martins

Not a bad side but would have played Zog further forward but I supose Enrique was poor in the last game!Solid team and good players to bring off the bench in Emre and Viduka.Viduka will probably be more effective coming off the bech because hes still finding his fitness and Emre normally disapears away from home!Could be 4-4-2,4-3-3,4-5-1 hopefully not 4-5-1

4-5-1/4-3-3

I agree Shak he would be great in that position.

However away to Blackburn and considering what happened last week it's probably better if we let Enrique have a break today.Zoggy is a liability baack there at times but i imagine he will have some support from Milner today as Milner tends to get back defensively for the most part.

I think playing away to Blackburn, we are probably better defensively with Zoggy and Milner on that side, rather than Enrique and Zoggy.

Team tomorrow:

Given

Beye  Faye  Rozenhal    N' Zogbia

Geremi  Butt    Barton

Martins                            Milner

Smith

Tomorrow lose.

ITK?

s***, McCarthy and Santa Cruz. We'll concede.

Who's down the left for them though?

Oh dear ...  :undecided:

Not liking that at all.

I like the Faye and Rozehnal combo though. Think it has potential. Hope they prove it today.

Shit, McCarthy and Santa Cruz. We'll concede.

Who's down the left for them though?

Might be Bentley today with Dunn down the right.

If they do that, we are laughing.

Aye, if that's the case - assuming Beye will have a good game - it's promising.