Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Heneage

Bernard better than Beye  :lol:

Did you read my explanation? Or are you content to add to this debate with a Loltastic smiley?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Beye had a tremendous run of form under Keegan late last season but other than that has been pretty average and injury hit.

I think we tend to overhype him and Bassong due to the colossul amount of s****  that makes up the rest of the squad.

Don't agree with that at all. He was a really good player for the majority of last season imo. Bernard being the only challenger, Beye's probably the best full-back i've seen play for us.

did you miss Distin? Wayne Quinn?

Distin was alright like but never an out and out full-back. Wayne Quinn ffs? Are you taking the piss?

We've had some reasonable full-backs like in 'my time'. Bernard, Beye and Domi are the pick. Hughes was okay. Beye's right up there when it comes to full-backs i've seen play for us. Definitely the best right-back, anyway.

How can you all forget the mighty Bez!

He obviously wants to go, and to be fair I can't blame him. He's doing it the right way by handing in a transfer request, although I'd be astonished if he hasn't already got a club lined up on the snide...

Good player and he'll be missed. I just hope we get top dollar for him because he'll need to be replaced.   

Yeah,  glad he's done that.  Forfeits his loyalty bonus.  Goodbye :'(

Already had it but a trabsfer rquest means you lse any signing on fee, not your loyalty bonus.

Beye had no signing on fee to lose

He obviously wants to go, and to be fair I can't blame him. He's doing it the right way by handing in a transfer request, although I'd be astonished if he hasn't already got a club lined up on the snide...

Good player and he'll be missed. I just hope we get top dollar for him because he'll need to be replaced.   

I think Steven Taylor could do a good job there for us next year, but that leaves us short in the middle obviously.

About time. The way he's carried on in the press and in the friendlies by the sound of it leaves a poor taste in the mouth.

Still, he was easily one of our best players for the last couple of seasons and I'll be sad to see him leave.

Cheers Mike.

Yeah,  glad he's done that.  Forfeits his loyalty bonus.  Goodbye :'(

Already had it but a trabsfer rquest means you lse any signing on fee, not your loyalty bonus.

Beye had no signing on fee to lose

Signing on fee = Loyalty bonus

Atleast if you believe this article posted here a while back:

Or at least the first sting in the tail, as players have loyalty bonuses written into their contracts – often referred to as signing on fees. These are (usually) a year’s salary spread across the length of the contract, paid at the end of each season and these have to be paid to a player in full before they leave, unless they submit a written transfer request.

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=1549