The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

Chimbonda is just about the last person I want right now, whcih makes this all the more annoying.

A left-back or a competent midfileder with ability or a winger?

But no a right back, even though we already have two.

Lord forgive us for whatever it is we have done to deserve this. I beg of thee.

Chimbonda can be drafted in at centre back, he's done it for Spurs under Jol a few times. A better defender than Rozenhal and no brass spent.

Good business.

Even more dissapointing if we are bringing him in to play centre back.

Why not just get Van Buyten in on loan?

Ugly window this one.

Guest kingdawson

Why the hell are we letting Chimbonda go out on loan ffs :idiot2:.

As ive said before, Chimbonda would be an excellent signing for both you lot and especially Villa (they desperatly need a rb). Spurs fans have turned on him so it may be better for him to leave but a loan? dont really see the logic in it tbh.

Guest Gallowgate93

Hello, I'm new and this is my first post!

Not sure about Chimbonda, don't like his attitude and the way he left Wigan. Plus Beye is probably Big Sam's only signing to have done anything, so we don't need another RB.

Most of the deals done today are for unwanted player, so if we get nobody, I ain't too fussed, but was gutted not to get Woodgate  >:(

Chimbonda is just about the last person I want right now, whcih makes this all the more annoying.

But no a right back, even though  we already have two.

Three: Beye, Geremi, Carr. But I agree doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Good point about Geremi as that is probably his best position at the moment.

I'm expecting an announcement that Olivier Bernard will be returning just to round off tonight.

But no a right back, even though  we already have two.

Three: Beye, Geremi, Carr. But I agree doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Chimbonda is better than them 3 at right back imho. I have no problem with the signing as it improves the team, but can still see why people are a bit annoyed we didn't get a midfielder. But if there's no one available, i'm glad KK didn't go for someone out of desperation, if Chimbonda's availale and we do get him, i'll be pleased. It's about improving the team as a whole at the end of the day. there may be one player out there who could this who would be willing to come, if that's a right back so be it.

Boro do create chances, and I hate to say it, but they actually play some pretty decent football.

Tell you what if this guy plays (Alves) we'd better not give away any stupid free kicks in and around our box (our speciality). He has some filthy free kicks up his sleeve and we will pay for it dearly.

Our players arnt like that though, well, apart from Smith, Barton, Butt and Emre.... shit :(

Guest LucaAltieri

Didn't we announce Faye & Beye about half past midnight during the last window?

Aye.

Here's for hoping

We knew we were in for them before.

And this evening we know we've bid for Alvaro and possibly Chimbonda. Something might have happened, who knows.

My Brazilian mate reckons we did well to pull out of the Alvaro deal. Says he's average at best, bit of a chubster, not cut out for the Premier League.