Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Modric signing for Spurs ,well who really gives a flying fuck?One player,one unproved player,one unproved premier league player!

"£20 million!£ 25 million! Well FFS!!I would rather splash out on a proven premier midfielder such as Bullahrd or go down a league and  cherry pick some talent from the up and coming teams.

Just 'cos a man has a Slovak type name and has pulled off a couple of smart moves in some inferior league to our own,doesn't mean to say he's sublime!Get a grip n let's look closer to home for some decent players!

You've clearly never watched either Jimmy Bullard or league football. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Not saying we should get in but we can do alot worse than him, at least his set pieces beats the first man

Modric signing for Spurs ,well who really gives a flying fuck?One player,one unproved player,one unproved premier league player!

"£20 million!£ 25 million! Well FFS!!I would rather splash out on a proven premier midfielder such as Bullahrd or go down a league and  cherry pick some talent from the up and coming teams.

Just 'cos a man has a Slovak type name and has pulled off a couple of smart moves in some inferior league to our own,doesn't mean to say he's sublime!Get a grip n let's look closer to home for some decent players!

You've clearly never watched either Jimmy Bullard or league football. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Not saying we should get in but we can do alot worse than him, at least his set pieces beats the first man

Oh course we could do a lot worse than him. We could do a lot worse than Andy Reid too, but should we sign him?

We need players to improve the team, not give us half a dozen squad players.

Oh course we could do a lot worse than him. We could do a lot worse than Andy Reid too, but should we sign him?

We need players to improve the team, not give us half a dozen squad players.

agree, players like Micheal Owen, Craig Bellamy, Laurent Robert, Jonathon Woodgate, Obafemi Martins, Kieron Dyer.....

so not a "proven" prem midfielder like Barton, Smith or Geremi?

I'd rather pay £17m for a talent than £12+ for shite.

£17m million for an unproven player though, which I think is the point.

63 pages on another teams signing, are we becomming more obessed with spurs than the mackems are with us ??

Doh, I've just added to the post count.

63 pages on another teams signing, are we becomming more obessed with spurs than the mackems are with us ??

40 pages were about him joining us, another 10 pages getting over/ accepting defeat & discussing why when he wasn't coming.

40 pages were about him joining us, another 10 pages getting over/ accepting defeat & discussing why when he wasn't coming.

That's still 13 pages unaccounted for !

Doh, I did it again.

That's still 13 pages unaccounted for !

Doh, I did it again.

Them 2 Spurs kids who come on here had few pages waffling on about Spurs.

and another three pages of people pointing out that the people moaning how long the thread is are making it bigger :D

And another 2 pages of people moaning about people moaning about how long the thread is :)

and another three pages of people pointing out that the people moaning how long the thread is are making it bigger :D

And another 2 pages of people moaning about people moaning about how long the thread is :)

And another page of people joking about people moaning about people moaning about how long the thread is  :pow:

Seriously though, this is where appointing Keegan over someone like Deschamps might come back and bite us on the bum. Young players abroad (Modric, even Martins), don't really know what it's all about. Of course we know what Keegan can do, but top players who want to come to England won't be bothered about what a manager did 13-15 years ago. It would be like Parma today appointing whoever it was who played their great football mid 90s with the likes of Brolin, Zola & Asprilla again, and then going out and trying to sign top quality players.

Appoint someone like Deschamps, who is high-profile and who players instantly recognise, and it'd be easier to attract the Modric's, etc.[/tinhatfirmlyon]

Appoint someone like Deschamps, who is high-profile and who players instantly recognise, and it'd be easier to attract the Modric's, etc.[/tinhatfirmlyon]

I prefer Keegan who hopefully gets more out of probably less high profile players to someone else who would probably get less out of bigger names tbh.

Seriously though, this is where appointing Keegan over someone like Deschamps might come back and bite us on the bum. Young players abroad (Modric, even Martins), don't really know what it's all about. Of course we know what Keegan can do, but top players who want to come to England won't be bothered about what a manager did 13-15 years ago. It would be like Parma today appointing whoever it was who played their great football mid 90s with the likes of Brolin, Zola & Asprilla again, and then going out and trying to sign top quality players.

I thought this at the time as well, i think we really missed the boat with Deschamps but i dont think the fans would of took to him and given him the time he'd of needed unlike with Keegan so it would of been a hugely risky appointment.

However, im still confident that keegan will do good with or budget and get us looking down on the league rather than up. I'll wait till the beginningof next season before i pass judgement on his appointment,

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sicko2ndbest

Zagreb agreed a fee with Newcastle it was an option - but that is all,' he said. 'I never led Newcastle on. I never went to the training ground, as was reported. I had a choice and I wanted to join Spurs. I spoke to a few people, including Bilic. They seemed to think Spurs were a perfect club for me, so it was a good decision for me to make.'

daily mail