Kazenga LuaLua joins Brighton permanently

Syrette

Guest toonlass

Better fucking attitude than Michael Owen.

A pile of rotting puke has a better attitude than Michael Owen.

• 3 weeks later...

Fwiw - I definitely think the lad has something about him, whether that's good enough for the Premier League, only time will tell.

He needs to actually get a full season under his belt, as his career so far has been blighted with injuries.

He has that unique ability of being able to go from standing still, to turning to full pace in a blink of an eye. He's also got a cracking shot on him, and isn't afraid to shoot from distance. (Which is something we haven't really had since the Shearer and Robert days)

Although we don't know if he's capable of stepping up, as he's never had the chance to do so. He's quite clearly far too good for League 1.

However to make it at the top level, you have to have a bit more than technical ability. You also have to have some form of decision making ability.

From his brief cameos in the first team, even though they were a long time ago, he seemed to eager to impress.

The biggest mistake Hughton made was bringing in the likes of Pancrate instead of giving this lad a chance, that's the only criticism I'll have of Hughton.

For example, if Keegan was still in charge, we'd have known by now if Lua Lua was good enough, as he'd have given him a chance, simply due to the fact he has something exciting about him.

to me he seems far to respectfull to be a winger at this point. He doesn't seem confident he could skin the fullback. He got the pace, and the one time he went past ivanovic he showed some trickery. More direct play would be sweet from the lad. Seems buildt for an explosion down the wing.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Was quiet. Did he win our corner though by running past Ivanovic to get the ball in the box?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Was quiet. Did he win our corner though by running past Ivanovic to get the ball in the box?

Aye, teased on his right, nice little scissors, pushed it forward down the left, and crossed it with his left foot. Nice little moment.

He didn't look fit to me. Didn't seem to want to attack the full backs - the one time he did, R.Taylor almost scored from the cross and it lead to the eventual S.Taylor goal.

He didn't look fit to me. Didn't seem to want to attack the full backs - the one time he did, R.Taylor almost scored from the cross and it lead to the eventual S.Taylor goal.

This.

I was at a friendly at Kingston Park, memory a bit foggy, might have been Allardyce's first game in charge?, and he looked the brightest prospect on the pitch to me, raw but always had that hint there was something there. Owen did fuck all same game.

Saw something special in him at Accrington earlier in the season, still think he has that spark.

Looked slightly unfit/nervous but when he ran at his fullback, the results were effective. Still think he can make it in the PL.

Liked him. For a substitute who's just come back from a leg break and playing his first game in the PL this season. Pretty impressive, wasn't expecting to see much of him or Ameobi Lite when they came on, but they both made a bit of an impression. Can't be bad.

Guest pleno1

FWIW, did a nice little run against Ivanovic and put the cross in where we won the corner for the goal  :clap:

Certainly looks the part. I hope he's professional enough to realize that he can force his way into Pardew's plans for next season. Should go on a short holiday, then come back, work on his fitness, and prove his worth to the squad in pre-season. He didn't play too much football this season, and shouldn't let himself go over the summer, as many young aspiring pro's do.