Man Utd vs Newcastle Utd - Match Thread

Decky

the only people we can blame is that shiit on the pitch.

I would keep nzogbia, taylor and enrique the rest can f*** off because they are thick as f***.

Milner is so f****** average

duff is like a crab

owen may as well not be on the pitch

smith thick as f***

butt slow and holds up play

cacapa what the f*** is he

carr say no more

given is a fucki9ng waste of space. His distribution is a disgrace and he is a f****** liability. How hard is it to find one of your teamates at least half the time. He cant kick for s***

It would have been 10:0 or more without Given you fucking clown!!  mackems.gif

Guest bluegeordie

Some obvious reflections before I go and put my head in the oven:

1) Can't think why Man United ever let Butt and Smith go, or Chelsea Duff for that matter.

2) We should issue a press release asap stating that Zoggy has been diagnosed with a terminal disease, and won't be able to kick a ball within a matter of days.

3) Carr is ... oh, ffs, it's not even worth going there.

4) Imo Taylor and Enrique tried hard, and as youngsters I think that with the right coaching they're capable of developing into useful players.   

5) Maybe, just maybe, this second half performance suggests that the job at Newcastle is beyond a second rate British manager. Please Ashley and Mort, wake up and smell the coffee - it's the darkest Turkish brew, with no milk, no sugar, and no cream. Please, please, please move heaven and earth to bring in a quality European manager to sort out this utter mess. 

6) And finally, there are much worse things than the dentist's chair, and watching the Man U players smiling and laughing with one another during the game was absolute hell on earth. I'm certain that they have more competitive training matches than what we gave them in the second half - it was exhibition stuff ... not like the game they got from Birmingham a short while back.

The only way is up ... or am I tempting fate?

:suicide:

Guest Toongaboom

Given

Taylor                    Enrique

Zog

so the rest?

You could see after the first two goals he let in and the bollocking he gave Enrique and Capaca our defence just gave up. He gives our defenders no confidence at all.

shut up. how the hell would you or could you know that?

Some obvious reflections before I go and put my head in the oven:

1) Can't think why Man United ever let Butt and Smith go, or Chelsea Duff for that matter.

2) We should issue a press release asap stating that Zoggy has been diagnosed with a terminal disease, and won't be able to kick a ball within a matter of days.

3) Carr is ... oh, ffs, it's not even worth going there.

4) Imo Taylor and Enrique tried hard, and as youngsters I think that with the right coaching they're capable of developing into useful players.   

5) Maybe, just maybe, this second half performance suggests that the job at Newcastle is beyond a second rate British manager. Please Ashley and Mort, wake up and smell the coffee - it's the darkest Turkish brew, with no milk, no sugar, and no cream. Please, please, please move heaven and earth to bring in a quality European manager to sort out this utter mess. 

6) And finally, there are much worse things than the dentist's chair, and watching the Man U players smiling and laughing with one another during the game was absolute hell on earth. I'm certain that they have more competitive training matches than what we gave them in the second half - it was exhibition stuff ... not like the game they got from Birmingham a short while back.

The only way is up ... or am I tempting fate?

:suicide:

All right, sadly, BG.

This is embarassing and it hurts like hell but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really symbolise anything. Only the situation.

Yeah, I already said that.

Very sorry.

Wasn't having a go, just saying someone agrees with you :)

Ah OK yeah, i apologise. Short fuses and all that. :)

You could see after the first two goals he let in and the bollocking he gave Enrique and Capaca our defence just gave up. He gives our defenders no confidence at all.

Because i watched the game. After the second goal Enrique was pure shite

Given did make some quality saves, but he's got a 6/10 in my book. Did ok.

Enrique man of the match for me. (Of the newcastle players anyway..)

Butt and Smith. Dont think i need to comment on those two. THEY CANT PASS!

Owen did okey, but on his own? Why?

Carr.  Who?

Cacapa. Well.. No.

Nzog. Good going forward, but lost his way tracking back on a few occasions.

Milner. Not good enough.

Taylor. Did a good job. But we need four defenders working together, not two.

Just feel dejected, even though I didn't think it was going to be anything other than a defeat.

1) I didn't think that either of the penalty appeals for Man Utd were. Ronaldo played for the first one and Giggs kicked Smith.

2) Owen was onside when the ball was played and his goal should have stood.

3) The freekick for Ronaldo's first goal should never have been given. He mishit the ball and fell over.

4) Ferdinand looked offside for his goal.

5) Was the whole ball over the line for Tevez's goal? Seem to remember Ray Wilkins reasoning that when Martins struck the bar against Chelsea in the League Cup.

6) Styles is s**** and so is the linesman.

7) Taylor, N'Zogbia and Enrique all had decent games.

8) The ball was running for Man Utd and generally has against Newcastle this year. Hits Cacapa and goes to Tevez, although it should have been in row Z before that.

9) Man United 6-0 Newcastle - I would love to get revenge in the home game.

Yeah, you're right. We deserved at least a point....  :rolleyes:

Yeah because thats what I said.

Anyone interested in omens? Probably not, but I'll go ahead anyway.

The first time I ever saw Newcastle - 1968 - we lost 6-0 at Old Trafford. The right winger (in that case, Best) got a hat trick. That season, Man U won the European Cup.

And the next season, we won our one and only trophy of the last 50 years.

I'm holding onto that one. Cheered me up, slightly.

Because i watched the game. After the second goal Enrique was pure s****

and thats down to given?

more probally because it was one of his only starts of the season against a rampant manu with no manager, from a different country and we had just gone 2 goals down.

For those interested in "doing a Reg Hollis":

Man Utd 6 Newcastle 0

Jan 12 2008 by Lee Ryder at Old Trafford

NEWCASTLE UNITED fans were forced to endure a gloomy trip home from Old Trafford tonight as Manchester United ran riot.

The Magpies went in at the break on level terms but crumbled in the second half as Man United piled on the agony for the Toon Army.

United caretaker boss Nigel Pearson recalled fit again Stephen Carr who started ahead of David Rozehnal while Mark Viduka was relegated to the bench with James Milner back after shaking off an illness.

Former Man United man Alan Smith captained Newcastle as they looked for their first win at Old Trafford since 1972.

The home side though were overwhelming favourites and Newcastle were under the cosh just three minutes in.

However, Wayne Rooney wasted a good chance when he blazed over from 18 yards.

With 11 minutes played Newcastle should have taken the lead when Damien Duff crossed from the right to pick out James Milner but his shot was blocked by Rio Ferdinand when he had time and space.

And the black and whites had another opportunity when Michael Owen won the ball off Michael Carrick before Duff cracked a shot just over with his right foot from long range.

Man U then had two penalty appeals waved away after both Ronaldo and then Ryan Giggs clashed with Steven Taylor and Alan Smith respectively but Newcastle reached the 30 minute mark unscathed.

Newcastle did have the ball in the back of the net at the Stretford End when Carr slipped in Owen but even though he finished well he was ruled offside with TV replays later proving he was level.

In the second half Man U started strongly again but both Rooney and Carlos Tevez were denied by an amazing double block by Taylor.

But Newcastle could do nothing to stop Ronaldo on 50 minutes when the Portuguese star sent a low free-kick beyond Given and into the net after the Man U danger man had won a free-kick following some marginal contact from Smith.

Four minutes later and it was 2-0 when Carlos Tevez lashed home from close range.

In a comical moment Given cleared the ball from a poor Enrique backpass with the ball bouncing off Cacapa and into the path of Giggs who rolled it home for the South American to score.

The Magpies attempted to rally and just before the hour when an N’Zogbia shot was parried by Edwin van der Sar with Owen unable to convert the rebound.

Caretaker gaffer Pearson introduced Viduka with 26 minutes left as the Aussie replaced Milner.

It was all over with 20 minutes left when Man U grabbed number three after Tevez slipped in Ronaldo before he casually controlled and finished inside the box to make it 3-0.

Rio Ferdinand made it 4-0 after Rooney played him in with a neat pass before the England defender slotted home.

With three minutes to go Ronaldo made it five Enrique’s poor clearance fell into the Portugal international’s path before he lashed it past Given.

But the scoring wasn't over for the home side and Tevez sidefooted home an effort in off the bar to complete the rout.

And to add to Newcastle's woes Alan Smith was sent off for arguing with ref Halsey in stoppage time.

MAN UNITED: Van der Sar, Evra (Simpson 67), Ferdinand, Ronaldo, Anderson (Fletcher 72), Rooney, Giggs (Nani 72), Vidic, Carrick, O’Shea, Tevez.

Subs: Park, Kuszczak.

NEWCASTLE: Given, Carr, Enrique, Taylor, Cacapa, Duff, Milner (Viduka 64), N’Zogbia, Butt, Smith, Owen (Rozehnal 83).

Subs: Emre, Harper, LuaLua.

Crowd: 75,965

Ref: Mark Halsey.

f*** them all man.. smith, barton, butt, carr, milner, owen, viduka, geremi, emre, ameobi, pearson, mcdermott.. and all the other wasters, drunks, prisoners and fat fucks..you make me sick you f****** wankers.. the whole lot of them s*** scared of a f****** ball permanent crocks

taking thousands of pounds a week directly from people's pockets to watch them pull down their pants like little whores.. f*** off

and those of you, saying 'Given has lost it'.. or 'n'zogbia doesn't deserve to wear the shirt' or 'smith is a better footballer than martins' .. f*** OFF

f*** alan oliver, f*** the tabloids, f*** harry redknapp, f*** freddy shepherd and FIST f*** YOU Mike Ashley and screw your f****** no. 17 shirt if you only dare to think about getting some other wreck for manager.. f*** YOU ALL, f*** OFF

bluelaugh.gif

f*** them all man.. smith, barton, butt, carr, milner, owen, viduka, geremi, emre, ameobi, pearson, mcdermott.. and all the other wasters, drunks, prisoners and fat fucks..you make me sick you f****** wankers.. the whole lot of them s*** scared of a f****** ball permanent crocks

taking thousands of pounds a week directly from people's pockets to watch them pull down their pants like little whores.. f*** off

and those of you, saying 'Given has lost it'.. or 'n'zogbia doesn't deserve to wear the shirt' or 'smith is a better footballer than martins' .. f*** OFF

f*** alan oliver, f*** the tabloids, f*** harry redknapp, f*** freddy shepherd and FIST f*** YOU Mike Ashley and screw your f****** no. 17 shirt if you only dare to think about getting some other wreck for manager.. f*** YOU ALL, f*** OFF

ashley has done us a favour getting rid of bs....agree about the shirt like, needs to change that

Fuck you Nigel Pearson. Here we are having sacked Allardyce for his defensive and negative tactics and Pearson just follows in his footsteps. He's got a chance to make his mark but ends up dragging us even lower down in shite. Smith is a fucking joke tbh. To be sent off after that decision is nothing less than incredibly stupid imo. What did he think, that we had a chance to win it? I don't know who to blame for this, but Pearson seems to be quite fucking stupid. Emre could have had an impact on this game, while Smith (an unworthy captain) was as shite as i have ever seen him. Credit to N'Zogbia for at least trying a bit, he really is our best player. Ashley and Mort have a job to do.

Please give us Mourinho!