Who do you think it'll be ?

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hughes is more likely to leave Burn (he frustrated at the lack of cash) than Harry is to leave Pompey. The way the money and performance is at Pompey and his house on the coast, can't see the attraction for 'Arry to come here. Also he retires in 3 years.

He would need to bring Jordan and Adams who between them take a lot of the training.

I would be mildly dissapointed with either of them, but could convince myself over time that it was in the stars or summat.

I stil hold out hope it is 'the big one'.

Guest smarty2006

As you asked who we thought it WOULD be, rather than who each poster wanted, I cannot give a realistic answer. I have already said that my choice would be Mowbray from WBA, but there is almost NO chance of him leaving there at this stage - they are likely to win Promotion to the Prem and the club would be unlikely to agree to him going...also, he has only been there for 15 months.

I also said that I didn't think Mort & Ashley would fire Allardyce until they had a proper replacement lined up or until the end of the season ; well, he HAS gone, so we can only hope that someone is lined up - clearly, they are not going to start until after this week-end, as Pearson is in charge at OT...

The other option is that they HAVE someone lined-up and this person cannot come until next season - and we all know who THAT could be..if that is the case, we may well see a caretaker brought in to keep the club up - I am fairly sure we will get stuffed at OT ; Fergie will want to do his old mate a favour and we need to get out of this losing streak quickly.

Interesting times ahead, but I'm not surprised that he has gone - thought it would be May, though.

Mowbray would be top shout if we have to go British, still prefer some one like Houllier myself.

I like Mowbray, hes defiantly going to be a top flight gaffer one day, Probably better right now than most English managers out there? would I want him now?  no...hope our sights are higher i.e decent foreign manager 

If Ashley and Mort appoint someone like Mclaren,Hughes or Redknapp they will be as stupid and incompetent as the previous board.

I just hope that they(Ashley and Mort) have realised that we need someone experienced who has won trophies in his career many many times and not just saved clubs from relegation

We need this:

Lippi

Mourihno

Del Bosque

Kuper

Van Gaal(not my favourite but...)

Scolari(after the summer)

Hitzfeld(after the summer)

As you asked who we thought it WOULD be, rather than who each poster wanted, I cannot give a realistic answer. I have already said that my choice would be Mowbray from WBA, but there is almost NO chance of him leaving there at this stage - they are likely to win Promotion to the Prem and the club would be unlikely to agree to him going...also, he has only been there for 15 months.

I also said that I didn't think Mort & Ashley would fire Allardyce until they had a proper replacement lined up or until the end of the season ; well, he HAS gone, so we can only hope that someone is lined up - clearly, they are not going to start until after this week-end, as Pearson is in charge at OT...

The other option is that they HAVE someone lined-up and this person cannot come until next season - and we all know who THAT could be..if that is the case, we may well see a caretaker brought in to keep the club up - I am fairly sure we will get stuffed at OT ; Fergie will want to do his old mate a favour and we need to get out of this losing streak quickly.

Interesting times ahead, but I'm not surprised that he has gone - thought it would be May, though.

Mowbray would be top shout if we have to go British, still prefer some one like Houllier myself.

I like Mowbray, hes defiantly going to be a top flight gaffer one day, Probably better right now than most English managers out there? would I want him now?  no...hope our sights are higher i.e decent foreign manager 

Know what you're saying, but - if we don't go for him between now & end of season, someone else will within 2 years in my opinion..

I rate the guy so highly that I wouldn't be surprised if he's already on the OT Board radar as one of the candidates to replace Ferguson - it might happen, it might not - but wouldn't we kick ourselves if it did and he's a success...!!

If Ashley and Mort appoint someone like Mclaren,Hughes or Redknapp they will be as stupid and incompetent as the previous board.

I just hope that they(Ashley and Mort) have realised that we need someone experienced who has won trophies in his career many many times and not just saved clubs from relegation

We need this:

Lippi

Mourihno

Del Bosque

Kuper

I don't disagree, though Mourinho would have to be after the summer as well due the Chelsea departure clauses.

But as it's already been said the new man hopefully will be British, you can cross them all off the list! 

I've had £100 at 12/1 on Redknapp simply because the links between Redknapp and Ashley's best mate.  This is what I said a couple of months ago:

Generally speaking, I'd agree with you.  Redknapp has had his house outside Bournemouth since he first managed them and has refused to move even when he was managing West Ham.  But I know that Ashley and Kemsley have owned racehorses and that Kemsley and Redknapp have.  I was told yesterday that a couple were owned jointly by all three.  If that is right (and I've no reason to doubt it) that would put Ashley very close to Redknapp.  He'd never sell the Bournemouth place but whether he would move up to Tyneside is a bit more debateable.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=47106.msg1086582#msg1086582  (page 5)

Redknapp wouldn't be a bad choice for Newcastle, maybe just a bid short-termist.  I hope he gets it tbh.  He won't get me to Mauritius like Roeder but I could still get a decent break out of it! :lol:

We need this:

Lippi

Mourihno

Del Bosque

Kuper

I don't disagree, though Mourinho would have to be after the summer as well due the Chelsea departure clauses.

But as it's already been said the new man hopefully will be British, you can cross them all off the list! 

I've had £100 at 12/1 on Redknapp simply because the links between Redknapp and Ashley's best mate.  This is what I said a couple of months ago:

Generally speaking, I'd agree with you.  Redknapp has had his house outside Bournemouth since he first managed them and has refused to move even when he was managing West Ham.  But I know that Ashley and Kemsley have owned racehorses and that Kemsley and Redknapp have.  I was told yesterday that a couple were owned jointly by all three.  If that is right (and I've no reason to doubt it) that would put Ashley very close to Redknapp.  He'd never sell the Bournemouth place but whether he would move up to Tyneside is a bit more debateable.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=47106.msg1086582#msg1086582  (page 5)

Redknapp wouldn't be a bad choice for Newcastle, maybe just a bid short-termist.  I hope he gets it tbh.  He won't get me to Mauritius like Roeder but I could still get a decent break out of it! :lol:

nobody has said that it will hopefully be british.

Jol, who else, apart from Redknapp and Ramos, did Kemsley court post-Jol?

No-one tbh.  The writing was on the wall for Jol at the end of last season, Levy was keen on SGE (as he and SBR had helped out a lot when Arnesen left) but he got tied in with Man City before it was for certain whether Jol was going or staying.  Ramos was Comolli's #1 pick, Kemsley wanted Redknapp.  They decided to sound out Ramos and the rest, as they say, is history.

I can't see us attracting any manager of reputation half way through the season. Not in our present state anyway. I'm also a bit fed up of the Messiah-Manager complex which we seem to get into on a regular basis.

I think it'll be Pearson till the end of the season. If he does well, I'd give him the job permanently. If not, just go for the best available man and take it from there.

I was in town this morning, and another I've heard is McLaren temporarily, and then Mourinho in the summer. I'd be dead set against McLaren, even temporarily. I'm not sure about Mourinho, he gets results, and although his football is better than Allardyce's it's still not the prettiest. I'd probably acceopt it though. Anyway, it's just another rumour at the minute.

I fear that I might have made an idiot of myself though. I went up to SJP to pay for the cup replay against Stoke. All the cameras were lined up along Strawberry Place, opposite the Gallowgate and the bottom entrance to SJP at the SW corner. I avoided them, and walked down to have a look in at The Back Page, which is a NUFC/Football/Sports bookshop just down the road from St James',and is owned by a couple of blokes who run the NUFC fanzine The Mag. I went in there partly because there were a few things in there I wanted to buy, and partly for a bit of craic about what was happening. Sky talk to them quite a bit, and unlike the Charvers who stand outside SJP, they actually know what they're talking about. Anyway there were a few people in and we had our say. I said what I thought, and one of the blokes goes "that's interesting, can we use you as a vox pop?" He was from Sky and was in interviewing Mick, the co-owner for Soccer Saturday. I was a bit reluctant, but eventually agreed. At least it's in the shop rather than up at the ground with the charvers trying to get on SSN.

I was in town this morning, and another I've heard is McLaren temporarily, and then Mourinho in the summer. I'd be dead set against McLaren, even temporarily. I'm not sure about Mourinho, he gets results, and although his football is better than Allardyce's it's still not the prettiest. I'd probably acceopt it though. Anyway, it's just another rumour at the minute.

I fear that I might have made an idiot of myself though. I went up to SJP to pay for the cup replay against Stoke. All the cameras were lined up along Strawberry Place, opposite the Gallowgate and the bottom entrance to SJP at the SW corner. I avoided them, and walked down to have a look in at The Back Page, which is a NUFC/Football/Sports bookshop just down the road from St James',and is owned by a couple of blokes who run the NUFC fanzine The Mag. I went in there partly because there were a few things in there I wanted to buy, and partly for a bit of craic about what was happening. Sky talk to them quite a bit, and unlike the Charvers who stand outside SJP, they actually know what they're talking about. Anyway there were a few people in and we had our say. I said what I thought, and one of the blokes goes "that's interesting, can we use you as a vox pop?" He was from Sky and was in interviewing Mick, the co-owner for Soccer Saturday. I was a bit reluctant, but eventually agreed. At least it's in the shop rather than up at the ground with the charvers trying to get on SSN.

:iamatwat:

David O`leary

Alan Smith whispered in Mikes ear at the point of climax that Davey used to let him play up front with Chubs Viduka and that he didnt bother if a few of the lads knocked asians about in the town centre, so Barton would be safe under his wing....

Remember where you heard it first

This has got Mark Hughes written all over it if you ask me. Redknapps quotes suggest he would be interested, whther he has the brass bollocks and confidence to except this challenge is another question, especially as he has one of the safest jobs in England. I think he's primarily interested because of £££££££. He's one of the lowest paid managers in the prem.

For me it'll be Mark Hughes who'll get the job, i think he has a massive reputation in the game of football both as a former player and now as a up and coming young manager. He'll be well respected inthe football game and this alone will get him to the front of the cue, he's at a club with meagre resources and low potential which is punching well above its weight and still not getting the support it deserves, his transfer record has been excellent so far and for me that just adds to his reputation.

From a business and practical sense, this appointment would actually make the most sense, but its not overly ambitious which is extrmely worrying for me.

I can't see us attracting any manager of reputation half way through the season. Not in our present state anyway. I'm also a bit fed up of the Messiah-Manager complex which we seem to get into on a regular basis.

I think it'll be Pearson till the end of the season. If he does well, I'd give him the job permanently. If not, just go for the best available man and take it from there.

That would be insanity.