The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

What does the £15m include - is that for transfer fees only or does it include wages?  Is that the budget for the outlay this year seeing as most transfer fees are staggered over the duration of the contract or is Ashley paying the fee up front again?

I can't imagine anyone rushed out of said meeting to inform the press, that the budget was £15m and Hughton wanted 10 players.  It is all just speculation and it will only be when the transfer window is closed that we will have a clearer idea.  I think there is a lot of misinformation coming out of the club to dampen down supporters expectations and those of players and selling clubs.  What's the point in saying how much you have to spend as it just inflates the fee.  If you plead poverty, then maybe you can drive a harder bargain. 

Ultimately, it is all about buying the right players for the right areas.  Other teams have managed to get good players at decent prices (even we managed it with Bassong) so if the money is spent wisely it, it might be enough to ensure we stay up as we have a decent base to start from compared to most other promoted clubs. 

Surely the last thing Ashley can afford is for us to be relegated again - he must have learnt that lesson at least.

In the rags today:

Newcastle promotion party over already as Ashley rules out Prem spending spree @

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-promotion-party-over-already-as-Mike-Ashley-rules-out-summer-spending-spree-article383073.html

Mike Ashley will spend to keep Newcastle United in Premier League

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/06/mike-ashley-newcastle-chris-hughton

amazing how 2 different reporters can have such different interpretations of the same amount

bird 20m=rule out spending spree

guardian=20m= spending spree

Were down to £15 million now :lol:

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley held budget talks with manager Chris Hughton and club secretary Lee Charnley on Wednesday.

Hughton wants around 10 players to help Newcastle survive in the Premier League next season but Ashley is believed to have earmarked only £15m for spending.

Swindon's Charlie Austin, Blackpool's Charlie Adam, Aston Villa's Marlon Harewood (a house with lots of flatmates will be pleased) and Marc Wilson of Portsmouth are among targets

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1266042/Chris-Hughton-handed-15m-transfer-kitty-budget-talks-Newcastle-owner-Mike-Ashley.html#ixzz0l7HuQPO8

amazing how papers have such intimate knowledge of meetings between hughton and ma and hughtons transfer plans simply amazing

We need to be spending more than £15 million imo.

Dunno about that. We are already better than the 2 teams we will be going up with (if the league is anything to go by) and I doubt they will spend more than £15million. Also we are arguably level or better than a couple of Premier League teams that we will be fighting with, again I doubt these teams will spend more than £15million.

We might end up spending more anyway.

Bit of bollocks about unrealistic expectations and some slight bullshit about Ashley being good, but otherwise that's a pretty sensible article IMO.

There's a lot of praise for the club and Hughton in there.

Guest Roger Kint

Bit of bollocks about unrealistic expectations and some slight bullshit about Ashley being good, but otherwise that's a pretty sensible article IMO.

There's a lot of praise for the club and Hughton in there.

What i was thinking, brush away the compulsory shitstirring and its not too bad

not a hate article but since we highlight bad ones may as well point out a decent one

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/brian-reade/Brian-Reade-column-Chris-Hughton-s-Newcastle-have-had-the-best-season-of-any-big-club-article394555.html

very fair article and good points made

Good article, apart from mentioning that Alan Smith has had an excellent season. :lol:

• 4 months later...

ain't the mail still banned from sjp? i find it highly unlikely that anybody players or management would tell intimate details like that to a paper which the club is noted for not liking so im throwing that into the complete bullshit category

Guest Slarth

They did break the Tiote deal, mind.

I thought FC Twente's official site announced the Tiote deal?

Daily Fail beat them to it.