Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

There's no system for these players because they're not suited to one another. We've only looked competent in a messed up hybrid 4-4-2 because that's how the players have been bought. Sissoko is a talented footballer but he's not a centre mid, not an attacking mid and he's not really a wide player, so what is he? Wijnaldum is a good attacking player but doesn't seem to have the mentality to play central midfield, nor is he good enough individually to play as a 10, IMO. And these are two of our best players :lol: The reality is, our lot might have some technical ability but other massively important attributes are missing, and we're trying to shoe-horn 3/4/5 of that type of player into our starting XI.

It'll take a genuinely world-class man manager to get this lot going, IMO. Even then, I still think the regime would win out eventually. They're not motivated because they don't believe in the club, and they don't believe in the club because of the tone set by that knobhead.

:love: He's right like. We bring in players with reputations in France/Holland/Wherever but if they can't hack it in a black & white shirt it means fuck all.

Is he right about the fans going to the stadium being the problem?

[emoji38] of course he is, he's more right about that than he is about the type of player we sign

Can't remember Keegan ever saying anything I didn't agree with. There's not a person on the planet who understands Newcastle United like he does.

Did he not say some positive things about Pardew?

Love the bloke but he's got English manager syndrome like the rest of them in the media.

:love: He's right like. We bring in players with reputations in France/Holland/Wherever but if they can't hack it in a black & white shirt it means fuck all.

[emoji38] of course he is, he's more right about that than he is about the type of player we sign

You've completely missed the point of my post.

nah i got the point of your post totally

No. You didn't :lol: I was specifically asking Foluwashola that, because he's constantly lecturing us all about not slagging off the match going fans or thinking we're better than them. I've been advocating staying away for ages.

No. You didn't [emoji38] I was specifically asking Foluwashola that, because he's constantly lecturing us all about not slagging off the match going fans or thinking we're better than them. I've been advocating staying away for ages.

Yeah I knew what you meant and who you were addressing man

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have no doubt at all that if somehow Fat Mike managed to admit his mistakes, appologise unreservedly managed to miraculously persuade Kev to come back we'd not only be safe from relegation but we'd storm up the league next season. The Keegler in my mind is like a magic gear for our club's engine, his love of the club itself and the fans, his understanding of how the area ticks makes him unlike any other potential manager. He might not be the most tactically adept but his sheer motivational powers and excitement about the club pulls it through when he's paired up with it.

... of course it's all a fantasical dream that we'd ever get him back and from the outside it must seem ridiculous but both times he has managed us have been incredibly special for me. Happy Birthday King Kev!