Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

That was a brilliant night and it was an honour to speak to him. He's a gentleman with time for everybody, and a fantastic storyteller. You could've listened to him tell stories all night (and I think he wanted to!), and you feel like he's got a special anecdote for literally every player or person he's come across in the game. He was waffling-on to my Dad about Darren Huckerby ffs.

Beardsley and Terry Mac were sat right behind us too, which was funny. So too George Caulkin, who I decided to approach and gush over before the show had started. :blush: He was unsurprisingly humble, like - get the feeling he's just a top, top man.

But yeah, ace. Love the Sage too, first time I've been in there. Few forum faces, too - Rich & bro, LFEE to name a couple; pretty sure I clocked Midds on the stairs n'all.

Top night.

Wasn't the 7-1 v Spurs during Robson's reign?

Don't disagree with the general sentiment though.

No.

It is, though, an odd example to pick to signify the joy of the Keegan era. If I recall correctly that game was the time he decided he had had enough. I remember seeing him at the game and thinking how miserable he looked (think he was wearing a black woolly hat). He said afterwards (not the full story I’m sure) that he just felt sorry for the Spurs manager (Francis?) rather than feeling the joy he felt he should have done. Must have been close to his final game.

Wasn't the 7-1 v Spurs during Robson's reign?

Don't disagree with the general sentiment though.

No.

It is, though, an odd example to pick to signify the joy of the Keegan era. If I recall correctly that game was the time he decided he had had enough. I remember seeing him at the game and thinking how miserable he looked (think he was wearing a black woolly hat). He said afterwards (not the full story I’m sure) that he just felt sorry for the Spurs manager (Francis?) rather than feeling the joy he felt he should have done. Must have been close to his final game.

That’s why he picked us beating Leicester 7-1, not Spurs :lol:

That was a brilliant night and it was an honour to speak to him. He's a gentleman with time for everybody, and a fantastic storyteller. You could've listened to him tell stories all night (and I think he wanted to!), and you feel like he's got a special anecdote for literally every player or person he's come across in the game. He was waffling-on to my Dad about Darren Huckerby ffs.

Beardsley and Terry Mac were sat right behind us too, which was funny. So too George Caulkin, who I decided to approach and gush over before the show had started. :blush: He was unsurprisingly humble, like - get the feeling he's just a top, top man.

But yeah, ace. Love the Sage too, first time I've been in there. Few forum faces, too - Rich & bro, LFEE to name a couple; pretty sure I clocked Midds on the stairs n'all.

Top night.

Was that on the way out? It was probably me, really good night like. Bloke is still a legend.

Guest firetotheworks

Did HTT go? Looking forward to an in depth summation of the event.

He's almost finished the post he started after it.

I was at the same book signing. What a guy. By the time I met him it was already 90 minutes after he was supposed to leave. Delay was all down to the fact he was talking about football and doing photos with every single person in the queue.

If you could sum up everything that Is wrong about this club, and football in general to

be honest, it’s that someone like that is not suited to it.

It’s a shame he hasn’t currently put his weight behind ‘Ashley Out’.  Maybe he has a caveat in the successful court case that he won’t get involved in Newcastle matters?

His involvement would be a massive lightning rod to the currently apathetic.