Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

HTT, I love reading your posts because you have a real understanding of the passion, and compassion of KK. He was, and will always will be for me, more than 'just a manager' he was a hero who saved my - our club - and gave us some of the most extraordinary nights of the most beautiful and mesmeric football I have ever seen. (seriously on a par with Barca at their best and present day Man City).

I was born in '52 and saw my first game in a bleak and forbidding SJP with around 40,000. An ageing Jim Illey was booed, but then I got to see most of the Fairs Cup games in '69 and was in heaven - that team was so, so good. Jinkin' Jim Smith, Tony Green, Super Mac, Pedro Beardsley, Shearer all gave me such unimaginable joy in an era (generally of utter dross) Think of the seriously poor managers we had after Joe Harvey - the list is horribly long.

But when KK arrived as a player life changed. Oh Lord did it change! Not only could he play but he cared. He cared about his fellow professionals, he showed them better ways. He helped them develop. The helicopter farewell?? Wow! Showtime! Then, as manager- the drop to third tier football so perilously close. He made magic and we had a team playing with skill, flair and determination. Like KK really. Then the glorious days of '94 onwards when we walked in dreamland. Yes, his tactical failings may have cost us the Premiership title, but I would rather have watched us play his way and come second than any other way and win. Honestly,  it was that good. He cared about the club, the fans, the people who worked hard to get to see a match, the town, the people who working in the club. Complete and total honesty.

The second coming, at a time when I actually thought Ashley might be good for the club - financial prudence at a time when spending was going crazy. KK was clearly out of sorts throughout his second stint. Now we know why. That utter bag of shite has treated EVERYONE - fans, managers, the town, the club, the Premier League even - with such total contempt. I can't tell you how much I hate him and want so badly to see the day when he is gone from the club I have loved all my life. I will open a bottle of the best Champagne I can afford when he goes. Pray it will be soon. Get your shite arse out of our club, Ashley. Go for Gods sake, go.

Keegan's time at Newcastle will end up being a trilogy.

Episode 1 - 'A New Hope' as he comes i as a player and leads a band of ragtag rebels to the top division playing swashbuckling football

Episode 2 -  'The Toon Awakens' as he sweeps in as manager and leads us within touching distance if the top playing thrilling stylish football.

Episode 3 - 'Return of the KK' as he comes in as chairman under new ownership and leads us to trophies.

Episode 1 - 'A New Hope' as he comes i as a player and leads a band of ragtag rebels to the top division playing swashbuckling football

Episode 2 -  'The Toon Awakens' as he sweeps in as manager and leads us within touching distance if the top playing thrilling stylish football.

Episode 3 - 'Return of the KK' as he comes in as chairman under new ownership and leads us to trophies.

:smitten:

:smitten:

Genuinely class :lol:

:love:

It'll end up being a tragic reboot of things we've seen before and ultimately failing at the box office.

How can it be a trilogy when he’s already been here 3 times. Aye it ended badly but you can’t just delete history :lol:

Them years from 92-93 to 97 were absolutely magical teams were shit scared about coming to SJP because they ususally got a hiding or outplayed, we scored 5,6,7 for fun during that time

Who can forget the party in 93 6-0 up at HT against Leicester a hat trick a piece from Kelly and Cole or the 7-1 drubbing of Spurs and so on and so on I don't think the likes of them times will ever be replicated. My only thing against Keegan was his lack of tactical acumen really cost us winning the league that year (if hed just been more astute in certain games it was ours) and he really let Ferguson rattle him in the run in

Other than that he gave me the best years ive had in 40 plus years of supporting NUFC and only Bobby has ever come close

Feel the same.