Today's matches.

Optimistic Nut

Good result for Villa tonight, and given their remaining fixtures I think they'd have to be dissapointed if they dont make the CL, and the Uefa should be nailed on.

Not surprised at all - watched the recording, and they played as well as any team I've seen play Liverpool at Anfield ; very competitive, always after the second ball(one of our biggest failings) and very unlucky not to have won - are all the knockers ready to surrender about MON yet !?? STILL think Allardyce is better !!???.....

I thought we played as poorly as we have all season in the first half last night, but were much better in the second.

One thing I love is that we've got incredible team spirit. I never think we're going to lose matches, and I don't think the players do either. If we can strengthen in this window then Europe could be on.

We have now only lost one away match since February 2007 - if we avoid defeat at Fulham on Feb 3rd, that will be one away loss in an entire year. Impressive.

Considering the fact that you didn't have your best player Barry, I thought it was an incredible performance. Especially as Petrov wasn't all that great.

Petrov could be so much better if he would just do things a tad quicker and not linger on the ball for that extra second. I think you guys would have done even better if you had put Gardener in the middle at some point and replaced Petrov with Maloney. Maloney didn't even come on though.

Can't believe MON is till fumbling around in the transfer market  :lol:

You guys could be so much better if he just made some moves.

Petrov could be so much better if he would just do things a tad quicker and not linger on the ball for that extra second. I think you guys would have done even better if you had put Gardener in the middle at some point and replaced Petrov with Maloney. Maloney didn't even come on though.

Petrov's main problem since coming down from the SPL has been that he always wants too much time on the ball.

Maloney apparently injured himself in the warm-up, which is unfortunate. Petrov when played on the right tends to drift into the middle a little too much. Reo-Coker was immense last night, he was everywhere - he's put in more successful tackles than any other player in the league according to the Actim stats, and you could see it last night, he does such an important job in that holding role.

He'll get the players in, it is just difficult in January.

Incidentally, great to see the much maligned Marlon score again last night.

Reo-Coker was immense last night, he was everywhere - he's put in more successful tackles than any other player in the league according to the Actim stats, and you could see it last night, he does such an important job in that holding role.

I mentioned Reo-Coker's performance earlier in this thread, he has an unbelievable engine. It's a shame Agbonlahor didn't play him in when you were 2-1 up, he deserved to score the winner.

Petrov's main problem since coming down from the SPL has been that he always wants too much time on the ball.

Maloney apparently injured himself in the warm-up, which is unfortunate. Petrov when played on the right tends to drift into the middle a little too much. Reo-Coker was immense last night, he was everywhere - he's put in more successful tackles than any other player in the league according to the Actim stats, and you could see it last night, he does such an important job in that holding role.

He'll get the players in, it is just difficult in January.

Incidentally, great to see the much maligned Marlon score again last night.

i've always wondered why O'Neill insists on playing Petrov.. fair enough, he had a good second half last night, but his form has been more or less shite for years now.. he's a good, honest guy, never goes down easy and such, but looks like he seriously lacks confidence for quite some time now.. i think you should look to replace him.

I reckon Villa could go with what theyve got and still qualify for the CL. They are out of all cup competitions, no europe, so just 15 PL fixtures to concentrate on, tiredness shouldnt be too much of a factor, although u cant plan for injuries.

Part of me would like to see a Spurs v Everton final just so it aint the same old top4 final but im not sure i could handle Spurs winning a cup because my mate is a Spurs fan and all ill get for the next few years is how Spurs are the best ever because they won the Carling Cup.

I wish the commentator would stop saying "amazing skill by Berbatov" everytime he makes a simple pass.

arsenal lacking any semblance of width, hleb and diaby cutting inside all the time and everyone trying to play fancy football but spurs just close them down. also walcott and bendtner up front - not enough quality there. take off diaby, put walcott out left and bring on adebayor/eduardo.

Guest Jungle Barry

Boro stiffs 0 Newcastle stiffs 5

Carroll hat trick, neary, godsmark

Lua-Lua stretchered off, Kadar injured but not serious

I'll be supporting Chelsea tomorrow then as I don't want Spurs or Everton winning anything.

An Everton/Spurs final would be good for football. Sick of watching two extra "top 4" matches every single season.