** FA CUP, Arsenal v Newcastle , Sat 26th @ 15:00 **

Skirge

I'd play Lua Lua and drop Milner, who has been dreadful of late. We're going to need pace on the break against Arsenal and Kazenga, although only having made two short cameo appearances, has looked as though he might be able to provide that, we already know Milner cannot.

Aye, Milner has been terrible.

You've watched ONE game, haven't you. Jesus.

Which of Milner's recent performances have impressed you? What do you think he brings to the team?

What does he bring to the team? He's the best right winger we have, he takes full backs on, and he creates space for others to support him.

His crossing has been gash for the past few games, but he's not a bad player. I'd rather have him on the right that anyone else at this point. If we were jettisoning players after 2 or 3 indifferent games, we'd have an entirely empty first team.

I don't think he's bad player either but it's gone beyond 2 or 3 indifferent games now. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, he just needs to be rested for a couple of weeks after the amount of games he's played over the last 18 months, but fatigue aside he doesn't really offer enough to be a regular in a team hoping to compete with the top 6. He certainly doesn't offer pace, which is what we're going to need tomorrow and why i would have opted for Kazenga.

I agree, but I don't know if we should be throwing Lua Lua at the deep end.  What we need is a new signing in that position.  Milner hasn't really made the leap from promising young player to Premiership regular successfully IMO.  That may sound harsh, but it's a big question whether his positive attributes (skill with the ball) make up for the deficiencies (pace, passing & cross ability).  He has the right attitude, which is why people like him, but there seems to be a big gap in between what he is capable of at the moment and what you expect from a player in his position in the Premiership.  He is one of the players that should improve under Keegan, but in the short term we need a better option.

Shola will not work up front with Owen. He looks for guidance and leadership to know where he is suppossed to be - both him and Owen would become virtually static up front providing little movemetn or space and no pressure on the Arsenal back four. Smith with his lack of ability does have some petulence which seems to create some (minimal) movement up front exchanging obsenities with defenders. But I would suggest partnering Owen up front with Milner and forcing Shola to move by making him RW.

We'll still lose but I am hopeful we'll score at least one.

Given

Carr    Taylor   Cacapa   Enrique

Milner  Barton/Butt  N'Zogbia  Duff

Owen   Carroll

Bench:

Harper

Ameobi

Smith

Edgar

Lua Lua/Edgar

Looking at everyone elses Line-ups i almost thought for a sec that we sold Ameobi.

On what basis would you start Carroll above Smith up front?

Because Smith is shit and we've seen that way too many times this season, Carroll scored a hatrick  in his last game with the reserves and honestly needs to at least be given a chance to prove himself in the first team.

Given

Carr    Taylor  Cacapa  Enrique

Milner  Barton  N'Zogbia  Duff

Owen  Smith

Bench: Harper, Rozehnal, Butt, Lua Lua, Edgar

Given

Owen   Carroll

Bench:

Harper

Ameobi

Smith

Edgar

Lua Lua/Edgar

Looking at everyone elses Line-ups i almost thought for a sec that we sold Ameobi.

On the basis that although both are knobheads, Smith has proven himself to be shit?

I think we'll lose gracefully tomorrow, maybe 2-1.

Then we'll get humped during the week.

The only good thing is that the fans who were thinking that just Keegan coming in would make us good enough, as if passion and drive alone would make up for the fact that the players in many cases are a bit crap.

Given

Owen   Carroll

Bench:

Harper

Ameobi

Smith

Edgar

Lua Lua/Edgar

On the basis that although both are knobheads, Smith has proven himself to be s***?

Why do you think Carroll is a knobhead?

Given

Owen   Carroll

Bench:

Harper

Ameobi

Smith

Edgar

Lua Lua/Edgar

On the basis that although both are knobheads, Smith has proven himself to be s***?

Because I think some of his behaviour has been that of a knobhead. When he got his big boy contract, for example.

Given

Owen   Carroll

Bench:

Harper

Ameobi

Smith

Edgar

Lua Lua/Edgar

Because I think some of his behaviour has been that of a knobhead. When he got his big boy contract, for example.

what did he do? Not aware of anything. ???

Given

Owen   Carroll

Bench:

Harper

Ameobi

Smith

Edgar

Lua Lua/Edgar

what did he do? Not aware of anything. ???

I think its fair to say he pissed his teammates off. "Flash wanker", i think one of them said.

dont know why but i have a good feeling about this game. which condemns us to defeat before weve even played.

:lol: I'm off to it tommorow too, looking forward to it. A lot more than I would have if Allardyce was still in charge that's for sure.

Given

Carr  Taylor  Cacapa  Enrique

Milner  Butt  N'Zogbia  Duff

Smith  Owen

I think most agree that will be the team. Happy enough with that tbh.

These are the sort of quotes I love Keegan for, it's the sort of positivism that the club has lacked since.. well since he was last here. No slight to Robson intended.

"When you go to these places, you have to play. You cannot let them have the ball and see what they can do.

"When you’ve got the ball, you have to have the courage to play football." Keegan talking about the cup-tie with Arsenal

Stuck in two minds weather to go to bed now or stay up until about 6 when i leave the house and sleep on the bus...hmmmmm

Stay up Jamie lad. I always feel worse when I've got to get up at like 5am and rush around like a blue arsed fly.