Aston Villa 4 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/02/08 - post match reaction from page 24

midds

tbh it was a combination of both poor tactics (team selection etc) and poor individual performances

I'm not sure the selection was bad; I might have preferred Faye at the back because of his physical presence and I know Villa capitalised on this in the second-half. I ask myself, though ,which of their goals I would describe as top class; probably the second although nobody put Carew under pressure. The first was unfortunate, the other two were down to inept performance by our players. There was no need for Butt to head the ball straight to Carew, there was no need for the hand-ball.

Stephen Carr at LB was a disaster waiting to happen as was playing Smith up top

Agree that the 4 Villa goals were as a result of our pathetic attemp of trying to defend

total humiliation.

how many times has this squad of players been in the lead, or at least holding their own against a side and then they have imploded spectacularly and we've ended up getting turned over.

they are incompetent in the extreme.

anyone who still thinks we aren't relegation material wants their heads checking. jesus christ man, we can't defend, we can score the odd goal but can't hold onto a lead. we are getting beaten by sides at the top, middle and bottom of the table. and we'll be very lucky to get anything out of the next 3 games.

I suspect that blind faith should be reclassified as total stupidity.

and this isn't some knee jerk reaction, I've been shitting myself about this for months now.

Guest Mcdonald36

Carr was to blame for the whole feckin thing for me. He and Duff arsing about at the back instead of clearing their lines. That mistake turned the whole game and momentum.

Keegan has failed already, he is out of touch with modern football his tactical and formation decisions were awful.

We should never have got rid of Allardyce, Keegan is taking us down. Now, we can look forward to playing Man Utd, Liverpool and Blackburn. Things are not looking good, like the performance today.

Keegan has failed already, he is out of touch with modern football his tactical and formation decisions were awful.

We should never have got rid of Allardyce, Keegan is taking us down. Now, we can look forward to playing Man Utd, Liverpool and Blackburn. Things are not looking good, like the performance today.

Are ya having a laugh?Hes managed us 4 5 games!FOR FUCK SAKE MAN!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, what he said.

Sack Keegan. It's the obvious answer to all our problems

seriously. the players were shit today, as they have been for the majority of the season. so many of our errors come from ineptitude on the pitch rather than tactical naivity. I would wager that during his team talk keegan said neither of the following:

1 - if you are under pressure in defence don't clear the ball, fuck about with it and hope the opposition run away.

2 - if the ball comes towards you in the box, raise your hands and try to catch it.

Yeah, what he said.

:idiot2:

Sack Keegan. It's the obvious answer to all our problems

seriously. the players were shit today, as they have been for the majority of the season. so many of our errors come from ineptitude on the pitch rather than tactical naivity. I would wager that during his team talk keegan said neither of the following:

1 - if you are under pressure in defence don't clear the ball, fuck about with it and hope the opposition run away.

2 - if the ball comes towards you in the box, raise your hands and try to catch it.

:lol:

Spot on.

The rest of the season is going to be like this. Just face it. We are in deep shit, but better times are coming. We wont be relegated and we will have funds for signings in the summer. Next season will be good.

Guest rebel_yell12

For all this talk of relegation, I'm not sure I can see it -- mostly due to what's at the bottom of the table, not Newcastle's performances.  Newcastle's next three fixtures:  ManUtd, Blackburn, Liverpool (not pretty -- would be happy to get a total of 3 points out, more likely to get 0/1)  Prediction -- I'll be a pessimist and say aught points.  NUFC total = 28 points  Predicted position -- 14th, and 6 pts off relegation

To show how I reached this conclusion, I've included my evidence below -- it's not as if all the teams below/just above (as of today) NUFC have easy runs.  

'Boro -- Liverpool (A), Reading (H), Aston Villa (A)                        predict -- 3 points (32 and 12th)

Bolton -- Blackburn (A), Liverpool (H), Man Utd. (A)                      predict -- 0 points (25 and 16th)

Wigan -- Derby (H), Man City (A), Arsenal (H)                               predict -- 3 points (26 and 15th

Mackems -- Portsmouth (A), Derby (H), Everton (H)                     predict -- 3 points (29 and 13th)

Reading -- Aston Villa (H), 'boro (A), Man City (H)                        predict -- 0 points (22 and 18th)

Birmingham -- Arsenal (H), Tottenham (H), Portsmouth (A)         predict -- 1 point (23 and 17th)

Fulham -- West Ham (H), Man Utd (H), Blackburn (A)                   predict -- 1 point (20 and 19th)

Derby -- already doomed to relegation

While NUFC follow the run of three with matches v. Brum and Fulham (both winnable), the teams that may be above us at that point (Mackems, Boro much as it is excruciating painful to even type that out) then have matches v. Chelsea & Villa (Mackems) and Arsenal & Derby (Boro).  Boro might still top Newcastle, but I can't picture the Mackems taking many points off their next five.  Newcastle are in a bit of a dogfight, yes, and MUST win those matches v. Birmingham and Fulham, but I can't quite see actual relegation.  The squad seems to be improving it's performances if not the results (at least they've managed to score in the last two matches, how long had it been before that since the lads had scored in the Premiership?) -- really need to sort that second half sh***.  Also, think the performances would/will get better once Faye, & Martins come back in, as well as Enrique, Viduka and Emre getting some serious time on the pitch.  

This run of form has been coming for a long time. Think of the lucky points we picked up against Fulham, Derby & Birmingham (& Wigan further back). BS completely f***** up pre-season. We have no height, no creativity, no organisation, no leader on the pitch, no threat.

KK has a hell of a job on his plate next pre-season. We are playing against decent teams & we need more than a rousing man management to make up for our defeciencies. Pick our best 11 & have a good luck at it; we are easy to contain & easy to get at.

Are ya having a laugh?Hes managed us 4 5 games!FOR f*** SAKE MAN!!!!!!!!!!

5 games, 2 points and 3 goals.

We can't even beat Bolton or Boro at home for fucks sake.

We had some bad results under Big Sam but at least he knew what he was doing, formations and tactics were logical, he brought some decent players in. Keegan brought no-one in and we need players everywhere with the exception of in goal and left midfield. I can only see us going down now and maybe even finish as low as 15th.

I didn't buy into the ridiculous fan fair that was the return of Keegan, i'll be honest, I was not excited I only saw it as a turn for the worse. He doesn't know what he's doing, he's been out of football for too long. The players don't look as strong or as motivated as they were under Allardyce, think of the performances against the likes of  Bolton, West Ham, Everton, Tottenham and Arsenal, there's 13 points there. They are teams we need to beat or at least draw against to get into European positions.

This is not going to happen under Keegan.

I filled in the BBC predictor in an ultimate pessimistic fashion and had us only picking up:

Blackburn- 1 point

Reading- 1 point

Sunderland- 1 point

Fulham- 3 points

And still had us staying up!  ;D

Are ya having a laugh?Hes managed us 4 5 games!FOR f*** SAKE MAN!!!!!!!!!!

5 games, 2 points and 3 goals.

We can't even beat Bolton or Boro at home for fucks sake.

We had some bad results under Big Sam but at least he knew what he was doing, formations and tactics were logical, he brought some decent players in. Keegan brought no-one in and we need players everywhere with the exception of in goal and left midfield. I can only see us going down now and maybe even finish as low as 15th.

I didn't buy into the ridiculous fan fair that was the return of Keegan, i'll be honest, I was not excited I only saw it as a turn for the worse. He doesn't know what he's doing, he's been out of football for too long. The players don't look as strong or as motivated as they were under Allardyce, think of the performances against the likes of  Bolton, West Ham, Everton, Tottenham and Arsenal, there's 13 points there. They are teams we need to beat or at least draw against to get into European positions.

This is not going to happen under Keegan.

Derby have 9 points[4 of which they got off us and they were unlucky not to get six!]Sam was playing alot worse teams and not only were we not beating them we were hanging on for draws,ie stoke away for fuck sake!Also these are Sams players and not keegans

I'm thinking my idea of a 24 hour posting freeze after a game needs putting into practice!

Seriously, anyone wanting Sam back is mental - anyone judging KK so soon equally so. Sometimes I think we get what we deserve with spouting this kind of bollocks.

We are in a fight, but luckily for us we're fighting with 6 or 7 equally shit teams.

FAO Beyewatch and like minded souls.

We have to desist from attacking the manager, He simply has to be given time.

KK has a wealth of experience which has only been enhanced with age.

Do not fall for the media peddled line that he does not understand the game or is out of touch.

This is precisely how they want their poisonous intent for our clubs demise to be spread by planting these spurious opinions within our own ranks.

You are doing their work for them. Shake yourself out of it and get behind KK for the rest of this season.

If we can stay up you will see him work his magic next year with Ashleys backing and we will enjoy making the press eat their words as he puts us back at the top where we belong!!!