Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Guest icemanblue

Would be happy with this if it wasn't for the fact that it'll mean that cisse is off :undecided:

You don't know that it does. :undecided:

Would be happy with this if it wasn't for the fact that it'll mean that cisse is off :undecided:

You don't know that it does. :undecided:

Just putting 2 and 2 together like, would be very surprised if we sign him and Bent and keep Cisse. Hope I'm wrong, really want Cisse to stay.

Guest Fumaca

Only going off you tube he looks like a canny poacher, a lot of his goals are tap ins but that's a skill in itself.

Was hoping more for a forward who could hold the ball up, that was a big problem for us last season.

Early chant suggestion:

Bafetimbi Gomis will be gone when the morning comes

When the game is over

Bafetimbi Gomis will be gone gone gone

Bafetimbi Gomis will be gone when the morning comes

When the game is done

And the scum go down

And the Toon come shining through

:cheesy:

Guest Phil K

Yeah, I think so too. I'm not 100% confident of Ben Arfa and Cabaye either

tbh, he´s just a young Shola. Mixing lovely goals with totally blunders. Not at all exited with this.

Might as well kill yourself tbh.

Do you seriously think he´s good?

tbh, he´s just a young Shola. Mixing lovely goals with totally blunders. Not at all exited with this.

Might as well kill yourself tbh.

Do you seriously think he´s good?

He's as good as its going to get around here, and better than what we've currently got. Cisse excluded, but he'd not have to do much to out score him either.

Currently it's a good link and nice option should he come in. Starting the season with one want away striker is get closer to becoming a reality, whatever his flaws Gomis would be a welcome addition as long as we get someone in to partner him, even bent.

Very sensible return indeed. 1 in 3. Not so many that he appears arrogant but not so few as to be deemed worthless. Quite acceptable.

He did have 1 in 2 in all competitions last season tbf. So that's a good sign.

Guest bimpy474

Seriously do NOT want us to play 4-4-2!

I would mind it if we actually had a winger. 4-3-3 for me like

If he's a 1 in 3 striker he'll score if we provide for him. Although we're light up front and definitely need 1 or 2 strikers, having a fluid attacking set-up that creates plenty of chances remains our biggest issue tactically. I can't see a target man improving us a great deal unless we significantly upgrade on our current wide options. Pleased to see we're finally making strides, though.

Seriously do NOT want us to play 4-4-2!

If it's the only formation Pardew is totally comfortable with, we might as well buy at least one target man and one decent orthodox winger.