Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

:lol: Disco seemingly in great spirits about our upcoming season.

Looking forward to the new season even though ours will be bang average which is an improvement so can't complain too much.

Be funny watching everyone outdo themselves cheering on France in the World Cup even though it'll lead to players leaving.

:lol: That's where we're at, unfortunately. Finish around 8th this season and we'll all be happy. Offer me 8th-10th place this season when we came up and I'd snap your hand off. We all know we're just waiting for the current crop of fat c***s to f*** off. Players will leave, we (Ashley) will make some money, we'll buy some more. What ever speeds up this c***'s exit is my main priority at present. We're going no where until he does.

Looking forward to the new season even though ours will be bang average which is an improvement so can't complain too much.

Be funny watching everyone outdo themselves cheering on France in the World Cup even though it'll lead to players leaving.

I hope our players never do well so no-one buys them! Oh wait...

Know what you mean but they're not exactly hidden from the scouts of the world in the premier league, and I want our team to do well internationally as well as that means they're getting games for their country while playing for us, and they'll be in good morale when they come back.

Any more likely to leave, than say, Ince if he signs, has a good season, then Arsenal, Spurs, etc. come in with £16m?

:lol: That's where we're at, unfortunately. Finish around 8th this season and we'll all be happy. Offer me 8th-10th place this season when we came up and I'd snap your hand off. We all know we're just waiting for the current crop of fat c***s to f*** off. Players will leave, we (Ashley) will make some money, we'll buy some more. What ever speeds up this c***'s exit is my main priority at present. We're going no where until he does.

:thup:

Any more likely to leave, than say, Ince if he signs, has a good season, then Arsenal, Spurs, etc. come in with £16m?

Who knows, certainly less likely to join in the first place though. As an Englishman (obligatory Owen disclaimer) I'd quite like us to have a player capable of representing  the national team so I can cheer them on.

Regardless, as I've said previously, us fielding an XI full of foreigners isn't something I'm a a particular fan of.

We should have some more homegrown players true, we really should be investing heavily in the academy and getting it to a world class state, however that won't happen. Would be great to see local lads coming through and making the first team more often, but sadly foreign academies are teaching football to a premier league standard much better than many over here, which is pathetic but will not change unless importing players gets too expensive or more rules about homegrown players are introduced.

Knowing, with near certainty, that Ashley has no intentions of taking us forward as a football club - the best I'm hoping for is enjoying the odd result whilst being generally okay in the process. Kinda like 10/11 over and over again, until he goes. It's pointless hoping for anything more than that, even if the squad has the potential to deliver so much more. I hate him for the apathy he's created. Alright, we're not Coventry but it does stink knowing that there's no ambition at the club from those who matter the most.

The latest Aulas quotes.  Probably only the first two and last one are of interest.

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 3h

Lyon President Aulas has denied the 5% is an issue and said the Gomis to Newcastle transfer should be completed this weekend. #NUFC #OL

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 4m

Jean Michel Aulas has admitted the transfer of Bafetimbi Gomis to Newcastle 'could still go wrong.' #OL #NUFC

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 3m

J-M Aulas: 'We invested €15m in @BafGomis when he was in a bad place at St Etienne.' #OL #NUFC

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 2m

J-M Aulas: 'With one year left on his contract he has to be sold because an extension was not an option for us or him.' #OL #NUFC #Gomis

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 1m

J-M Aulas: 'We decided to sell either @BafGomis or Lisandro Lopez. I did not choose Gomis, the Sporting Directors did.' #OL #NUFC #Gomis

J-M Aulas: I did not mean to cause any harm to Gomis on a personal level. I merely needed to sell him.' #OL #NUFC #Gomis

J-M Aulas: 'We have accepted Newcastle's conditions and @BafGomis has accepted theirs too.' #OL #NUFC #Gomis

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 3m

J-M Aulas is suggesting therefore that the transfer won't be official for '8 days' but the deal could be done at the end of today. #Gomis

Bloke's bat s*** crazy.

So it could it happen imminently but might not :lol: