Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Well, it's not is it? He's contracted to Lyon, which until the finer details (looks to be sell on fee) is sorted, they don't have to release him do they?

Aye but's it's not him saying he's doesn't want to join us.

Its him saying that he doesn't not not want to stay at Lyon.

Sounds like Lyon are trying to get more money and flushing out other bidder (OM).  Don't think they will be successful and risk not offloading him this summer.  We are not as desperate as we were before Remy, but we still need another striker.  Ashley will play the waiting game here, and unless Lyon can flush out another bidder, Ashley will win.

The same applies to Aston Villa...

Sounds like Lyon are trying to get more money and flushing out other bidder (OM).  Don't think they will be successful and risk not offloading him this summer.  We are not as desperate as we were before Remy, but we still need another striker.  Ashley will play the waiting game here, and unless Lyon can flush out another bidder, Ashley will win.

The same applies to Aston Villa...

I thought it was clear what the delay was? Gomis wants his cut of the transfer as he's not asked to leave and Lyon are illegally claiming he doesn't deserve it due to the sex allegations that disgraced the club even though Gomis was cleared?...

http://www.nufcblog.com/2013/08/06/this-could-be-the-hold-up-with-newcastles-gomis-deal/

Saying it's 'clear what the hold up is' then using an article saying 'this COULD be the hold up' to back it up....there's a flaw in this argument somewhere.

Not denying that could be the reason, but it's anything but clear.  In fact, I've given up reading about this transfer in the news as it's that much of a cluster-f***.

Saying it's 'clear what the hold up is' then using an article saying 'this COULD be the hold up' to back it up....there's a flaw in this argument somewhere.

Not denying that could be the reason, but it's anything but clear.  In fact, I've given up reading about this transfer in the news as it's that much of a cluster-f***.

I was basing my argument on this being reported widely over the last few days from more than one source... I simply chose one link to assist you out of courtesy as it sounded as if you weren't aware of what has been going on...

I think he'd come here if he gets what's owed to him, otherwise he'll sit tight on his contract and walk away for free next year to whichever club he likes. And why wouldn't he? It will only be Lyon and that massive prick Aulas who will be the losers. Maybe we'll lose out as well but I think we've given them a fantastic offer and Lyon are just taking the piss.

I think he'd come here if he gets what's owed to him, otherwise he'll sit tight on his contract and walk away for free next year to whichever club he likes. And why wouldn't he? It will only be Lyon and that massive prick Aulas who will be the losers. Maybe we'll lose out as well but I think we've given them a fantastic offer and Lyon are just taking the p*ss.

His Agent quoted his fees at 2 million to another PL club and that's the problem.

Guest Phil K

His Agent quoted his fees at 2 million to another PL club and that's the problem.

I'd say call the bast*rds bluff. Sick to death of this deal. Tell him to go **** himself

I think he'd come here if he gets what's owed to him, otherwise he'll sit tight on his contract and walk away for free next year to whichever club he likes. And why wouldn't he? It will only be Lyon and that massive prick Aulas who will be the losers. Maybe we'll lose out as well but I think we've given them a fantastic offer and Lyon are just taking the p*ss.

He's been an arse, but I detect the stench of agents greed overpowering everything else

Didn't we have this carry on with Ba when he signed? If his agent is entitled to it then we'll either have to pay it or find a striker with a less expensive agent.

I'd say call the bast*rds bluff. Sick to death of this deal. Tell him to go **** himself

Unfortunately that may well be exactly what the agent wants to be told. As the final year of the contract wears down transfer fee will decrease and signing on fees increase. He probably sees the (alleged) 2M as a fee to expedite things and forgo future pay offs.

Frustrating for everyone but this is the mess football has created for itself.

We don't wanna be dragging this through till the deadline, we need bodies in now.

This isn't as important as it was due to Remy coming in, we can afford to bide our time.

I still want it to happen as much as anyone else but its not as desperate as it was a couple of days ago.