Newcastle v Chelsea Pre-Match Thread

Beren

keegan on sky sports earlier: "I will love it, love it, if we get beat off chelsea. I hope you're listening Taggart, I'll be fielding the under 12's next Monday. 10 men went to mow, went to mow a meadow."

:lol:

Bit off thread but what's wrong with Faye???

Not sure but I think its a calf problem..

Lets hope Faye is back if not then start with Diatta, other than that unchanged starting 11..

That'd certainly show we endorse bringing on our most promising youngsters. :thup:

Seriously though. Imagine the kick in the crotch that would be to Edgar. If Faye's out, i'd carry on with him tbh. Diarra obviously hasn't got a future here if Keegan's resorted to youngsters ahead of him.

Lets hope Faye is back if not then start with Diatta, other than that unchanged starting 11..

That'd certainly show we endorse bringing on our most promising youngsters. :thup:

Seriously though. Imagine the kick in the crotch that would be to Edgar. If Faye's out, i'd carry on with him tbh. Diarra obviously hasn't got a future here if Keegan's resorted to youngsters ahead of him.

you wot twisted?

Don't think Pompey would be too happy us playing Diarra.

sodeburg

carr    edgar    diatta

lua lua  doninger  geremi  godsmark

zamblera  carroll  ngo baheng

with a healthy cry of "fuck you fergie" 

We lose Faye for 1 game and fall apart at the back, those 2 Hammers goals should have been dealt with, I like Edgar but surely Diatta is a better option to start the game he is a much more experienced player.

Guest toonlass

Harper

Beye---Taylor----Diatta----Enrique

---Milner-----Butt--------Barton

-------------Owen

----Viduka---------Martins

If Faye is unfit then this team, obviously Faye in if he is fit.  Hope we can get a draw, if not then let Chelski win just to annoy Fergie.

Regardless of what i would do, i'm certain we will name an unchanged side, with perhaps the exception of Edgar.

I'd like to see both Carrol and Milner involved.

Any news on Emre? Have a feeling that him and N'Zogbia are both all but gone TBH.

Guest optimistic nit

i'd start edgar personally. we don't really need a win and if we drop edgar after one poorish performance its not going to do him any good whatsoever. he needs to be able to make up for that performance (not that it was disgraceful or anything). if diatta was any good anyway he'd have played by now. i think he's pretty poor personally.

I think alot of you are right in saying Carroll should get a start, but I think it should come against Everton, not Chelsea. Play Viduka, he is unfit but is proven in the league and could be very important for us. Maybe take him off after 60 mins or so if he is tiring...

Guest optimistic nit

I think alot of you are right in saying Carroll should get a start, but I think it should come against Everton, not Chelsea. Play Viduka, he is unfit but is proven in the league and could be very important for us. Maybe take him off after 60 mins or so if he is tiring...

aye.

Regardless of what i would do, i'm certain we will name an unchanged side, with perhaps the exception of Edgar.

I'd like to see both Carrol and Milner involved.

Any news on Emre? Have a feeling that him and N'Zogbia are both all but gone TBH.

Milner will get his chance against Everton in Barton's place.

A little bit of a win-win situation here according to some! We win, we win. We draw, we draw. We lose, we screw Man Utd a little.

Still rather win for ourselves like. If us winning helps Man U then so be it - one of them has to win it.