Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Because Real Madrid will go under and Spurs will get relegated if they don't sign Van Der Vaart before January.

As if that is in any way relevant.

Well why so desperate to get the deal done this window? Unless it's absolutely ridiculously necessary, the rules shouldn't be broken.

"The striker's 16 strikes in 53 appearances came at £2.85m a goal and £860,000 a game."

Robinho that is.

People get the wrong opinion of Robinho, he's a great player, City just have had shit managers.

Robinho will prevail, and Milan will become one of the best clubs in Europe once again.

Guest kingdawson

So Redknapp the only manager in England allowed to sign players after the deadline?

:lol:

Much like Arsenal getting special dispensation from the FA and signing Arshavin a whole day after the window you mean?

The deal was already submitted to the FA, just travel arrangements due to weather conditions meant they couldn't confirm it properly; the window was extended to all who had already agreed a deal before the window closed.

So basically nothing like this.

Ok

Benjani to Manchester city = No bad weather conditions

Gallas and Cole swap = No bad weather conditions

So Redknapp the only manager in England allowed to sign players after the deadline?

:lol:

Much like Arsenal getting special dispensation from the FA and signing Arshavin a whole day after the window you mean?

The deal was already submitted to the FA, just travel arrangements due to weather conditions meant they couldn't confirm it properly; the window was extended to all who had already agreed a deal before the window closed.

So basically nothing like this.

Ok

Benjani to Manchester city = No bad weather conditions

Gallas and Cole swap = No bad weather conditions

Was that Dirty Harry selling there?

Gallas Cole deal was submitted before the deadline with minutes to go, I remember it well as I was up till 2-3am and they later announced it as official and the Fa confirmed both deals were signed before the deadline.

Has VdV even had a medical for this transfer? Not that he needs to have one but if he's been peddled from Madrid because he's carrying something?? It would also explain why they initiated it with only a couple of hours to go without time to have a medical... :shifty:

Sunderland are short on strikers - Welbeck, Bent and Gyan. Campbell is out for at least 7 months and after that it's youth strikers (which, I hasten to add, looked very ordinary against Sol, Tozer and Grieve last night). Or the never-used Healy.

Selling Waghorn for £3m was probably a good idea anyway mind, not as if he's much better than any of their kid strikers.

Birmingham have had a fantastic window.

Guest kingdawson

Sadly i think Everton failed. Even though they're our rivals i still hoped they'd let Moyes spend some cash. Beckford looks ok but pretty brainless. They needed a quality striker to compensate for Saha missing half their games.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Birmingham did well enough to push for another top ten finish imo.

Foster = Harper

Carr < Perch

Johnson = Taylor

Ridgewell = Campbell

Dann < Enrique

Bowyer < Barton

Gardner < Tiote

Ferguson > Smith

Larsson < Ben Arfa

McFadden = Jonas

Jerome = Carroll

Hleb > Routledge

Zigic = Ameobi

This may be a bit blinkered with my B&W goggles but i dont think i am far out with my analysis. If they are really looking at top 10 with there squad i dont think we are too far behind

Thoughts?

Guest sicko2ndbest

It was based on there starting 11 on Saturday

Foster is not that much better than Harper.

He is far more prone to dropping a bollock