Everton vs Newcastle - pre-match thread

Dave

Is Milner available?

If so I think I'd revert to a 4-4-2 since its the last game:

Harper

Beye Taylor Faye Enrique

Milner Geremi Butt N'Zogbia

Owen Martins

Wouldnt be suprised if Duff and N'Zogbia comes in at Enrique's expense.

It'll be an interesting team selection for KK and might give us a clue as to what's in his plans for next season.

He has 2 spots to fill, does he revert back to 4-4-2 or stick with 4-3-3. He rational behind going with the 4-3-3, was that this system alowed him to play all his best players, with Viduka out, that's not the case anymore.

Does he swap like for like, with Smith coming in for Viduka, if so he must think Smith is not the lost hope, partically all the fans think he is. If he opts for Carroll ahead of Smith as a direct replacement, I think it's a fair bet that he'll bmove Smith on in the summer.

I think he's more likely to go to a 4-4-2 though, so to do that he needs to add 2 midfielders. I expect him to add Smith and Zoggy. But he could go with Duff instead and take a chance, in a game that has very little riding on it from our point of view, with Lua Lua on the right.

I think if Zoggy doesn't get the start, it's pretty nailed on (if it isn't alredy) that he's off.

Without Cahill and Arteta, it's more than possible to go to Everton and get a result but I have a feeling most of our players mentally went on holiday after the Chelsea game, barring the highly unlikely Wigan beating Manure, we'll finish 12th, win loose or draw this one. Prediction from me 2-0 to Everton.

It'll be an interesting team selection for KK and might give us a clue as to what's in his plans for next season.

He has 2 spots to fill, does he revert back to 4-4-2 or stick with 4-3-3. He rational behind going with the 4-3-3, was that this system alowed him to play all his best players, with Viduka out, that's not the case anymore.

I think he's more likely to go to a 4-4-2 though, so to do that he needs to add 2 midfielders. I expect him to add Smith and Zoggy. But he could go with Duff instead and take a chance, in a game that has very little riding on it from our point of view, with Lua Lua on the right.

Considering Viduka is out and Nicky Butt likely not to be risked I also think Keegan will go with 4-4-2 for Everton; I don't however think it will give us a indercation regards his formation plans for next season though.

Most likely Alan Smith, Damien Duff and N'Zogbia will get there starts.

Harper

Beye    Taylor   Faye    Enrique

Geremi  Smith

Duff                              N'Zogbia

Owen   Martins

Subs: Carrol, Lua Lua, Butt Caçapa, Forster

With Viduka out I also think Keegan will go with 4-4-2 for Everton; I don't however think it will give us a indercation regards his formation plans for next season though.

Most likely Alan Smith, Damien Duff and N'Zogbia will get there starts.

Harper

Beye    Taylor  Faye    Enrique

Geremi  Smith

Duff                              N'Zogbia

Owen  Martins

Subs: Carrol, Lua Lua, Butt Caçapa, Forster

Can't see Butt being on the bench tbh.

Toon at Goodison - Premiership Years

2006/07: Lost 0-3

2005/06: Lost 0-1

2004/05: Lost 0-2

2003/04: Drew 2-2 Shearer 2 pens

2002/03: Lost 1-2 Robert

Wow.. didn't realize we were so shit at Goddison.

Going for 1-1;

Harper

Beye      Faye    Taylor      Enrique

Milner    Geremi    Butt      N'Zogbia

Owen          Martins

See you all there tomorrow, bed is calling for another day

Wish I was going, end of season games in the sun are class (as I was reminded at Upton Park). Instead I'm going to try and keep myself from the results all day till MOTD. Some hope.