The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hope we buy him from under Spurs' noses, just as payback for Modric and Woodgate.

Have no interest in snooping around spurs targets. I think we have proved we can pick up good players on our own. 

Don't see us signing him. After all the "need players who come for the right reasons" stuff

I think I'd steer clear as well at this point.  It's obvious he's after

a. money

b. fame

c. playing for a giant of the game like Barca

I'd rather have someone young and more motivated, although I'd still be excited if we did land him (won't ever happen).

Don't know if I really want him tbh. Whining little mercenary, exactly the sort of personality we don't want. I think KK will get someone decent enough, but that will actually want to play for us, maybe not as skilled as Arshavin, but works hard enough to make up for it.

could it be? are we signing Andrie Arshavin???

No, no it could'nt.

Imagine if we did Spuds would be gutted  ;Another thought if he is desperate to leave Zenit is it not possible he could end up the  WOW signing if we could strike a deal without getting shafted on the transfer fee and the player wants a clean break with no one else coming in for him .

No, no it could'nt.

Imagine if we did Spuds would be gutted  ;D

should be ashleys masterplan, totally fuck his spurs mates over now right at the end of the window when it's become totally apparent that without more signings they're gonna struggle

ashley steps in and nicks anyone quality from them!

pity billionairres don't get to be billionairres behaving like 5 year olds or we might be in business!

No, no it could'nt.

Imagine if we did Spuds would be gutted  ;Another thought if he is desperate to leave Zenit is it not possible he could end up the  WOW signing if we could strike a deal without getting shafted on the transfer fee and the player wants a clean break with no one else coming in for him .

With this deal, it's hard to see how you could avoid getting shafted over the transfer fee tbh.

No, no it could'nt.

should be ashleys masterplan, totally f*** his spurs mates over now right at the end of the window when it's become totally apparent that without more signings they're gonna struggle

Whereas, in fact, he is doing exactly the opposite. The 'promised land' of us being owned by a billionaire appears to have turned sour.

He owns us - but does he have our interests at heart - or does he have the interests "of some other club (s)" at heart?

The whole "we are second class citizens thing" (Keegan) and "we are not spending big money thing" (Ashley) . . . is VERY odd.

No, no it could'nt.

should be ashleys masterplan, totally f*** his spurs mates over now right at the end of the window when it's become totally apparent that without more signings they're gonna struggle

Whereas, in fact, he is doing exactly the opposite. The 'promised land' of us being owned by a billionaire appears to have turned sour.

He owns us - but does he have our interests at heart - or does he have the interests "of some other club (s)" at heart?

The whole "we are second class citizens thing" (Keegan) and "we are not spending big money thing" (Ashley) . . . is VERY odd.

Don't suppose you've got a link to that have you? Missed it.

No, no it could'nt.

the implication being he's blown 200m to run us into the ground?  not very likely really is it

No, no it could'nt.

Don't suppose you've got a link to that have you? Missed it.

It is implicit in pretty well everything he has said and done for the last few months. He is wanting to cut down the wage bill, he is not going to spend big on the wrong sort of players (obviously good but seems to be code for "he is NOT going to spend big on ANY players") - but mainly it is his A C T I O N S (allied to Keegans words).

He is committed to firming-up our (realistic, as some on here delightedly say) 'Second Class' (nothingness, as Sir John Hall used to say) status.

Great fun.