Cristiano Ronaldo wants to go to Real Madrid, but will stay at Man Utd

Skirge

I don't see why it would be a huge shame for The Premiership if Cristiano leaves like you say Delima, maybe for you yes, seeing as you're a Man Utd fan and all.

I also think that it would be a huge shame for the Premiership if Torres, Lampard, Lescott leave the Premiership.

I was very dissapointed when Flamini and Henry left.

Guest Stephen927

If it is for an unconditional £70M, 4 years installment....

then NO.

Factored in the annual inflation rate + the annual profitability from marketing, it would not be an astute business move.

Unless

( 1 ) The money is raised + less years of installment or preferably no installment

( 2 ) Ronaldo wishes to go

Every player has its price, if the price is met, Ronaldo can go. Nani is obviously waiting in the wings.

Nani's waiting in the wings for Giggs imminent retirement tbh.

I don't see why it would be a huge shame for The Premiership if Cristiano leaves like you say Delima, maybe for you yes, seeing as you're a Man Utd fan and all.

I also think that it would be a huge shame for the Premiership if Torres, Lampard, Lescott leave the Premiership.

I was very dissapointed when Flamini and Henry left.

Lescott. :lol:

journo on the blackburn forum claims madrid have made an obscene offer for ronaldo.

they are getting encouragment from somewhere, as they are not giving up

A bit like Nicko himself really.

The much-awaited "decision" Cristiano Ronaldo has promised on his Manchester United future is now unlikely to come before Friday – two days later than promised – but there was an increasing sense within the Portuguese national squad's training camp in Switzerland last night that he might be ready to declare a desire to leave Old Trafford for Real Madrid.

Ronaldo's current propensity for speaking only to Spanish journalists in Switzerland has been a growing source of resentment for the press entourage from his own country, now based 80 miles from Geneva, and his repeated failure to pledge his future to United has also been accompanied by some bizarre behaviour where Real are concerned.

When a Spanish journalist upstaged a press conference last week at the squad's base at Viseu, northern Portugal, by presenting the player with a Real team poster and telling him: "I am here to say one thing: 'We want you with us,'" an employee of the Portuguese Football Federation tried to intervene. Ronaldo waved away the official's protestations and insisted on receiving the poster. "It's a present for me. I want it," he said.

Though Sir Alex Ferguson, the Manchester United manager, insisted in an interview with Sir David Frost broadcast last night that he was "confident, very confident" of keeping the player, there are unsubstantiated reports circulating in Spain that the Real president, Ramon Calderon, is ready to embark on a €100m (£78m) project to bring the player to the Bernabeu – and that this would represent his last offer to Ronaldo. Just as Calderon has not pursued Kaka after the Milan player decided against a move last year, he would not come knocking again.

Ronaldo's pattern of behaviour is becoming more and more predictable: first he makes the right noises about United; then, when only Spanish reporters are listening, he hints that he is ready to be courted by Real. The winger's suggestion at the weekend that he would decide on his future in the the next "two to three days" was the firmest indication yet that there was actually something on which to make up his mind.

The view from Portugal is that Ronaldo has either set his heart on a move, or else he is seeking to renegotiate his current contract at Old Trafford. United have been resolute on the issue that no new deal will be made, though how far the club – or Ferguson – are prepared to be pushed remains to be seen.

Though United rejected the suggestion a week ago that Ronaldo might be reined in, it is hard to conceive that his behaviour has not at least mildly irritated Ferguson and the hero worship which has accompanied him to Switzerland will certainly have done little to dampen the player's soaring self-esteem.

There was a crowd of 12,000 on hand when he ran out to train last night – unprecedented for a Portugal squad – and at least 4,000 seemed to represent his personal fan club, judging by the chants of his name which were ringing out.

It is difficult to predict when the player will next appear in public, since the Portuguese provide less than 24 hours' notice of which player will appear alongside coach Luiz Felipe Scolari at the team's daily Euro 2008 briefings. Friday seems a likely option ahead of Saturday evening's game with Turkey – though Scolari might keep him out of the spotlight.

Ferguson simply told Frost that Real were to blame for the uncertainty. "They've done it with [David] Beckham, they've done it with [Ruud] Van Nistelrooy, they've done it with my fitness coach last summer, they took him away from us, so we're used to it," he said.

"And it's a great... in a way it's a compliment to the standard of players that we have, you know, and we always seem to produce, but I am more than confident Cristiano will be there next year."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/ronaldo-sets-the-scene-to-express-real-intention-839512.html

Man, I hoped the penalty miss might bring him down a peg or two. Obviously not. Starting to wish Chelsea had won, and maybe it really would have. He's probably better off going to Madrid, he loves himself and they're good for that sort of cunt.

Am I petty for really hoping he leaves?

yes..........means i'm petty aswell

/wants to join the club.

Fuck him. Sounds immature but.... fuck him.

Smarmiest of the cunts. Henry was arrogant, Cantona was a bonafide prick but this fella, he's too much.

I would've much preferred him & Terry to swap roles on that final. I dislike both of them with a passion but Ronaldo tops it easily.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

dont see why you boys are slagging the lad off.

He has won everything in this league. He gets abuse everywhere he goes, he has his house borken into all the time, and he has shit weather.

Move to madrid, because a galactico, gorgeous weather, more relaxed lifestyle, .

Cristiano Ronaldo has broken his silence over his future by declaring a desire to move to Real Madrid.

The transfer story of the summer gathers pace by the day but prior to speaking to Brazilian website Terra, little of note had been offered by the Manchester United winger.

Sir Alex Ferguson and United's owners, the Glazer family, are united in their stance that Ronaldo will not be allowed to quit Old Trafford but their resolve to keep him will now be further tested by the player's latest declaration.

Speaking from Portugal's training base in the Swiss city of Neuchatel, Ronaldo admitted, according to Terra, that a move to the Spanish capital appealed.

"I want to play for Real Madrid, but only if it is true they are eager to pay me and Manchester United what they have been saying they will," said Ronaldo.

"However, it does not depend on me. It is important to send a message.

"From now on I will not talk again about this until the end of the Euros. It is not worth asking me because I will not reply."

On Wednesday, Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon said he would not risk ruining his club's relationship with Manchester United by bidding for a player under contract.

However, now Ronaldo has signalled his intent for a future in Spain, it could be Madrid that make the next move.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3654140,00.html

I'll leave this up so that he may receive the adequate abuse for posting his second Ronaldo poll in 5 minutes, after the first was merged into the appropriate thread. As soon as the abuse drops below a respectable level, this shite is getting merged as well.

I've gone from Dave to Andy in 30 seconds.

:lol:

What's that supposed to mean?