Cristiano Ronaldo wants to go to Real Madrid, but will stay at Man Utd

Skirge

Ronaldo staying put, say Man Utd

Manchester United have repeated their stance that Cristiano Ronaldo is "not for sale".

The Portugal winger has been strongly linked with a move to Real Madrid but a statement on United's website says: "We are not listening to offers."

Ronaldo, 23, says he will reveal his future in the next few days.

Speaking after Portugal's exit from Euro 2008, Ronaldo said: "In two or three days' time I will announce my future because my tournament is over."

Ronaldo added: "I will speak to United. I will try to reach an agreement and we will see."

Ronaldo failed to inspire Portugal on Thursday as they slumped to a 3-2 defeat to Germany in the quarter-finals of Euro 2008.

The midfielder was in scintillating form throughout the domestic season and scored 42 goals as United claimed a Premier League and Champions League double.

When asked if he has made a decision regarding a move to Real Madrid, he replied: "No, not yet."

Manchester United have already reported Real Madrid to world governing body Fifa over their public courtship of Ronaldo, although the organisation decided to take no formal action.

Meanwhile, Ronaldo has revealed he will undergo surgery on a foot injury which has been bothering him for three months.

"I'm going to have an operation now," said the winger.

"I have had a small problem for about three months. I'll have the operation and then have a good recovery period."

Ronaldo's possible transfer fee has been put at between £50m and £80m - with the Premier League set for a busy summer if the Portuguese moves to the Bernabeu.

its more of the same, but if Manyoo reckon they won't listen to any offers whatsoever, he ain't goin' anywhere.

Aye, if he's not winning the league and champions league for you he's not doing anything :rolleyes:

Terry/LeSulk won the CL for ManU.

only in the final. a lot of work was done before that.

Did nothing against Barca in the semi's, and was OK against Roma in the round before.

He had a good tournament overall of course, but its stretching things imo to claim that he was the driving force behind ManU winning the CL. At no stage in the knockouts did he actually look like a great player, and that is the crux of this debate - merely getting on the end of chances created by others on a frequent basis isnt quite the same as being able to carry a mis-firing team on your own and create things out of nothing against the best, and generally being someone who the top opposition cant stop or keep quiet.

And here it comes:

Cristiano Ronaldo says he hopes to "complete his dream" of moving to Real Madrid, despite Manchester United insisting he is "not for sale".

The European champions said on Friday: "We are not listening to offers."

But the Portugal winger, 23, has signalled his intention to "take advantage of a great opportunity".

"Everybody knows what I want but things don't only depend on me," he said. "I am not the person who decides but I hope to complete my dream."

Ronaldo stated that he made up his mind before the Champions League final that he wanted to leave United for Real.

And he revealed that Luiz Felipe Scolari, about to take over at Chelsea after Portugal's exit from Euro 2008, advised him to make the move.

"It is a dream, a step forward," Ronaldo replied when asked about the prospect of playing at the Bernabau.

"For me, it is a great opportunity and, as Scolari says, that train passes by only once and we have to take advantage of it."

Ronaldo indicated he will make a public statement about his plans over the next few days.

He said he had not spoken to Sir Alex Ferguson, who is on holiday in France, during his participation in Euro 2008.

And he insisted he is not worried about upsetting the United manager, who he is set to meet for talks about his future following Portugal's exit against Germany on Thursday.

"It is my opinion," added Ronaldo. "That is why I don't mind if people get upset. It is my decision. It is what I want."

The midfielder was in scintillating form throughout the domestic season and scored 42 goals as United clinched a Premier League and Champions League double.

United have already reported Real Madrid to world governing body Fifa over their public courtship of Ronaldo, although the organisation decided to take no formal action.

Ronaldo's possible transfer fee has been put at between £50m and £80m.

"United might make a stand for a period of time," agent Phil Smith told BBC Radio 5 Live. "But clearly you don't want to destroy the atmosphere at the football club."

Ronaldo revealed after Portugal's 3-2 defeat by Germany that he requires surgery on a foot injury that has been bothering him for three months.

"I'm going to have an operation now," confirmed the winger.

"I have had a small problem for about three months. I'll have the operation and then have a good recovery period."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7463439.stm

Guest sicko2ndbest

Real supposed to have offered 45 million plus Snieder

As close to scholes as your gonna get. However that leaves scholes, anderson, hargreaves, carrick and schneider fightin for 2 slots. I think the robinho switch is more likely, however south americans are very hit and miss, for every tevez theres 3 klebersons

All together now the new song for all those Man Utd glory hunting scum:

'He winks to the left, he winks to the riiiiiiiight, your boy Ronaldo  treat Man U like s****.'

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

I likes this bit in the interview

"Guillem: The little details were won by Germany. You didn’t seem concentrated enough"

In other words if you'd stopped looking at yourself pn the big screen every fucking 20 seconds you might have been able to concentrate more.

At one point I expected him to bring out a comb for fuck's sake.

I agree about him being overrated, give me Messi and Kaka all day and everyday, proper footballers not mannequin egotastics.

I likes this bit in the interview

"Guillem: The little details were won by Germany. You didn’t seem concentrated enough"

In other words if you'd stopped looking at yourself pn the big screen every fucking 20 seconds you might have been able to concentrate more.

At one point I expected him to bring out a comb for fuck's sake.

I agree about him being overrated, give me Messi and Kaka all day and everyday, proper footballers not mannequin egotastics.

:lol: Can't please anyone, 42 goals not enough?

Robinho might be too lightweight for the Premiership.

I think Ferguson would take Robben, as hes always liked his pacey wingers.

Well Fergie has tried tapping up Robben once in the past!

Robinho might be too lightweight for the Premiership.

I think Ferguson would take Robben, as hes always liked his pacey wingers.

Can't see it happening with his injury record.

Also can't see Ramos being let leave.