Jonas Gutierrez signed from Mallorca on 5 year deal

magorific

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/Spiderman-Gutierrez-ready-for-United.4349855.jp

The 25-year-old said: "I can't wait to make my debut, and it's even more special that it is at my old ground. I want to show people what I can do."

Gutierrez who scored in a 10-a-side practice match at the ONO Estadi was yesterday mobbed by the Spanish Press on his return to the stadium where he made his name.

And the Argentina international will have a chance to let his feet do the talking as well on his return to Palma.

Gutierrez added: "It's great to be able to play out here. We have hard games to come, but we are excited by the tournament."

He went on: "I am very happy to be back in Mallorca. I lived here for four years, and I have a lot of friends and family here.

"It was a good opportunity for me to come. It's great to be here with Newcastle, as this is a wonderful city."

"The stadium has a very good atmosphere, and it will interesting to see the Newcastle fans here."

He's a success already.

I am under whelmed tbh he should have scored at least 10 goals!!!

From my first viewing, the thing I liked the most was how he could pick the ball up from deep and run with it dodging left and right at pace, just like Dyer used to.

Only his crossing is better.

Very impressed with his performance tonight. 

As KK said, he looks the real deal.

As for the penny pinching, I do hope you are taking the piss? 

A 9m rated player for practically sweet FA?

I'll take that, athankyou!

He looks a good player, he would have been even better if we'd paid more for him though instead of penny pinching.

Is there any idea of how much roughly we did spend on him? I was on holiday when the deal went through, and I'm not reading 40 odd pages.

He looks a good player, he would have been even better if we'd paid more for him though instead of penny pinching.

Is there any idea of how much roughly we did spend on him? I was on holiday when the deal went through, and I'm not reading 40 odd pages.

Estimates vary from £1-3m with theories abound that Mallorca may try and sue us for £8m

Looks a good bit of business at that price. Him and Guthrie for under £5m (or one Fabrice Muamba, much less than Zamora + Pantsil) is excellent work indeed.

No, it's a bad thing. We should be spending more money, remember.

wasn't he on a free transfer since he bought out his contract?

I think the club has to pay some compensation to the players club anyway..Or is it a sign on bonus for the player because he bought out his contract??

Looks a good bit of business at that price. Him and Guthrie for under £5m (or one Fabrice Muamba, much less than Zamora + Pantsil) is excellent work indeed.

According to who Dave?

According to who Dave?

Chomp.

Guest Nufc4Life

Anyone going to wear a spiderman costume in Old trafford?

Haha that'd be ace. Sure there will be one. I shall probably sport the new away shirt with Guiterrez on the back instead.