FIFA looking at Ronaldo case. Blatter: "Modern slavery".

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Sniffer

I'd be surprised if Blatter said the same thing if ronaldo was a madrid player looking to move to manu.

"Slavery" fits in that the players (or their registrations) are owned by their employers so the player cannot just go and work for someone else as easily as "normal" workers - in that context slavery is "correct" but he he shouldn't have used it due to its past - perhaps "bonded" would have been better.

neither can most employees elewhere,ie periods of notice (mine is 6months). i will willingly extend my period of notice by 3 years if they pay me £5000pw

But you can still leave to who you want - as an aside 6 months notices should be illegal imo - its a disincentive to leave which I'd count as restrictive - I'd also argue that those 6 months would be impractical from a work efficiency pov.

I know people sign legal contracts in the "real" world and in football but they have to be moral and practical in my view.

yes,after my 6month i can leave to go wherever i want...like a player can at the end of his contract (i suppose basically it's a 6 month rolling contract). the union solicitors got onto the legalities and yes, it's legal.

Guest Sniffer

If players want to walk out on contracts then clubs should be just as free to tear them up when the players turns out to be shite. It'd be a revolving door at Newcastle.

This is ridiculous. Suely this would make him the best paid slave in the world ?

Whole thing is a farce, Ronaldo is good but its not like the rest of the Man U team is shit. Blatter is a tosser, everyone seems to hate the EPL, its not the clubs fault they are better than other teams in Europe.

This is ridiculous. Suely this would make him the best paid slave in the world ?

Whole thing is a farce, Ronaldo is good but its not like the rest of the Man U team is shit. Blatter is a tosser, everyone seems to hate the EPL, its not the clubs fault they are better than other teams in Europe.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll276/TopRedCafe/Slaveryaldo.gif

:rolleyes:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1411473.ece

It's time to boot out Blatter!

THE SUN wants you to back our bid to give Sepp Blatter the boot!

The FIFA president has outraged the world of football with his ridiculous remarks for far too long.

This week he slammed Manchester United and amazingly claimed footballers are modern-day SLAVES, a view supported by Red Devils ace Cristiano Ronaldo.

Blatter insisted the Portuguese superstar should be free to leave Old Trafford and fulfill a dream move to Real Madrid, despite having a five-year contract at Old Trafford.

It was the latest in a long string of controversial comments from the Swiss supremo.

In 2004, Blatter felt the wrath of female footballers when he suggested they should wear tighter shorts to promote the women's game.

His hair-brained idea to introduce the 'silver goal' rule to decide games in the first period of extra time was slammed by fans and lasted just one tournament before it was dumped.

Blatter also bemused supporters when he called for all players to be booked for taking off their shirts when they celebrate scoring a goal - incredibly the rule still stands.

More recently he has angered European politicians by pushing for a limit on the amount of foreign players in the Premier League, even though it would be against EU law.

His rant on Ronaldo was the final straw. Enough is enough.

Blatter is the man who runs world football and he has lost all credibility.

So, if you want the FIFA president removed from power - sign our petition below!

Link is at the bottom of the article for anyone who wants to sign it. Can't see it making any difference tbh, even though I'd actually hope it does as he's an absolute gobshite.

The way Fifa/Uefa, Blatter/Platini are treating any issure involving English clubs is disgracefull tbh.

They need to be careful, id love to see legal action taken.

Could you imagine the uproar if it was an Englishman coming out with some of the quote those tossers have? I'm suprised they havent called for the EPL to be cut adrift and abolished.

From the Telegraph. Platini has  a different view.

Michel Platini leads revolution over transfers

By Andrew Warshaw

Last Updated: 1:27am BST 13/07/2008

Have your say      Read comments

Premier League clubs could be prevented from buying up football's most talented youngsters under a tough blueprint drawn up by the six most popular team sports in Europe.

Michel Platini urges EU to relax inflexible employment law

Premier League Transfer Talk | Football fans' forum

Uefa president Michel Platini last night handed over a confidential document to European affairs ministers in Brest, calling on the EU to endorse self-regulation, including a ban on under-18 transfers, a quota for foreign players and a crackdown on financial mismanagement.

Changes afoot? Michel Platini is campaigning for the EU to change its employment laws

The far-reaching document, the culmination of months of debate over restriction of trade and regarded as pivotal in the fight against bureaucracy, could dramatically change the landscape of sport.

It would outlaw recent transfers such as that of Aaron Ramsey, 17, to Arsenal from Cardiff and John Bostock, 16, from Crystal Palace to Spurs, plus cases like Theo Walcott's move from Southampton to Arsenal.

"What is the point of clubs training players if they are leaving younger and younger?" a Uefa source said. "The clubs who develop properly will simply stop doing so. We are hopeful the EU will recognise this."

Platini wants players to sign their first professional contract with clubs that develop them to stop the cream of youth talent abandoning their roots. His stance was backed by Germany's Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, head of the newly formed European Club Association, which has replaced G14 as the voice of the clubs.

advertisement

He says players such as Cesc Fabregas, who moved to Arsenal from Barcelona aged 16, must be stopped from switching to overseas clubs for minimal fees. "We have to protect these players and this is a fruitful way to avoid players like Fabregas moving for nothing to England," said Rummenigge.

Uefa have described teenage talent moving as "youth trafficking" and Rummenigge added: "We at Bayern had the best player at the last under-17 world championship, Toni Kroos, and there were 20-odd scouts from England sitting there. It is not good and something must be done."

Darren Bailey, head of legal and legislative affairs for the International Rugby Board, added: "There are significant dangers for our sport. The EU is stifling sport by creating an uncertain legal framework that is stopping federations like ours making its own decisions. It's about who governs - the sporting federations or the courts of Europe."

He says players such as Cesc Fabregas, who moved to Arsenal from Barcelona aged 16, must be stopped from switching to overseas clubs for minimal fees. "We have to protect these players and this is a fruitful way to avoid players like Fabregas moving for nothing to England," said Rummenigge.

Eh? In what sense does Fabregas need "protecting"?

From the Telegraph. Platini has  a different view.

Michel Platini leads revolution over transfers

By Andrew Warshaw

Last Updated: 1:27am BST 13/07/2008

Have your say      Read comments

Premier League clubs could be prevented from buying up football's most talented youngsters under a tough blueprint drawn up by the six most popular team sports in Europe.

Michel Platini urges EU to relax inflexible employment law

Premier League Transfer Talk | Football fans' forum

Uefa president Michel Platini last night handed over a confidential document to European affairs ministers in Brest, calling on the EU to endorse self-regulation, including a ban on under-18 transfers, a quota for foreign players and a crackdown on financial mismanagement.

Changes afoot? Michel Platini is campaigning for the EU to change its employment laws

The far-reaching document, the culmination of months of debate over restriction of trade and regarded as pivotal in the fight against bureaucracy, could dramatically change the landscape of sport.

It would outlaw recent transfers such as that of Aaron Ramsey, 17, to Arsenal from Cardiff and John Bostock, 16, from Crystal Palace to Spurs, plus cases like Theo Walcott's move from Southampton to Arsenal.

"What is the point of clubs training players if they are leaving younger and younger?" a Uefa source said. "The clubs who develop properly will simply stop doing so. We are hopeful the EU will recognise this."

Platini wants players to sign their first professional contract with clubs that develop them to stop the cream of youth talent abandoning their roots. His stance was backed by Germany's Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, head of the newly formed European Club Association, which has replaced G14 as the voice of the clubs.

advertisement

Uefa have described teenage talent moving as "youth trafficking" and Rummenigge added: "We at Bayern had the best player at the last under-17 world championship, Toni Kroos, and there were 20-odd scouts from England sitting there. It is not good and something must be done."

Darren Bailey, head of legal and legislative affairs for the International Rugby Board, added: "There are significant dangers for our sport. The EU is stifling sport by creating an uncertain legal framework that is stopping federations like ours making its own decisions. It's about who governs - the sporting federations or the courts of Europe."

Platini: "Eu law you're gay. Stop being so inflexible so I can have my own way *tantrum*"

I wonder why Platini has handed his dossier in now.............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............could it be because fellow Frenchman & the current French President Nicolas Sarkozy is the current EU President. Sarkozy has already said he is going to try & make sport have different employment laws & has said "he could not accept that football clubs which trained up young players should see their efforts destroyed".

If France wants to keep it footballers/sports stars it needs to change its own tax policy.

Also there is a bigger problem than English clubs nabbing EU citizens from other EU countries, there are EU nations who's football clubs bring young Africans/South Americans to Europe & then find the players they have brought across to have a look at  are shite & leave these kids stranded in another continent. THIS IS MORE LIKE THE SLAVE TRADE FUCKWIT BLATTER & THE TWO FRENCH TWATS SHOULD BE DEALING WITH. Our work permit rules may make it hard to sign the next African/South American superstars but they also stop our football clubs being complete cunts.

Have a read of http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7187713.stm to get a feeling of what is happening.

Saw a letter on F365 the other day about this which I agreed with...

Blatter (and FIFA) are not so much concerned with English football, but the overall impact club football is having on the International game and see England as the strongest league and therefore the greates threat to the likes of the World Cup etc.

Points to consider......

Compensation paid to players eg M Owen. The biggest contracts are in English Football

Strength of the Champions League and it becoming the most important football trophey. Look which country has been most consistent in this competition recently.

Players pulling out of friendlies (and even the African Nations) and clubs influence over these withdrawels - again their is a link to the location of the players clubs.

They are only getting pissy over the world cup for sponsership money.

The champs lleague will never be bigger then a world cup or a euro competition.

And on the note of England having a strong league(s).  That would be right, so many people are involved in the game its unreal, I bet no other country in the world could match us for football teams and people involved with football. 

We have 92 league teams FFS that fucking imense. 

What pisses me off as well is, our second teir of English clubs draw more crowds then the top tier of Italian football.