Bassong: Agreement made with FC Metz.

Stu

His positional sense was what impressed me. That and his recovery ability. He doesn't seem the most dominant coming onto the ball heading at the moment, and he's not dynamite with the ball at his feet. But his open play positioning is already better than Tayls and Faye i would say.

After a couple of pre-season games? :lol:

Yes that's my impression after a couple of games. If he does even better i'll revise my opinion. If he does worse i'll do likewise. What, i'm not allowed to draw comparisons until he's played 50 games for us or something am i?

His positional sense was what impressed me. That and his recovery ability. He doesn't seem the most dominant coming onto the ball heading at the moment, and he's not dynamite with the ball at his feet. But his open play positioning is already better than Tayls and Faye i would say.

After a couple of pre-season games? :lol:

You know he's better than Taylor already. Why try and hide it?? :razz:

He looked quick off the mark and quick on the turn. There was a few times when someone tried to knock the ball past him and he just eased himself between man and ball without any trouble. Taylor may be stronger but he turns like an oil tanker. Bassong will be able to mark his man more tightly.

So yeah, he looked very promising. It just remains to be seen how he'll do against the more physical strikers in the Premiership.

Looked very composed and calm imo. Early to say much more but shows potential so far. Looked pretty mature in his play despite his age, didn't fly around all the pitch tackling when not needed...

Guest sahara

Looks like Bassong has been given the number 5.

My friend got his autograph at the weekend and he signed it with a number 5 after his name. Unless of course he just likes that number lol.

Looks like Bassong has been given the number 5.

My friend got his autograph at the weekend and he signed it with a number 5 after his name. Unless of course he just likes that number lol.

Best not be true. :dave:

Guest sahara

it could be an S but it looks to me to be separate from the autograph itself. Hmmm... well as I say we'll soon find out as the squad numbers are due to be official very soon.