So who could we sign that would pacify you?

Dave

bastards......looks like no-one read my post at the bottom of page 4.

Do the last posts on pages ever get read? It's one of those inexplicable things that science and reason just can't fathom. I swear someone on here has figured out the meaning of Life, the Universe and everything, but the daft fucker didn't want till the new page started before posting. True like.

Pacify is clearly the wrong word here. We need catalyst; a sign that things are moving in the right direction. We have renewed ST's and put our money in, we should have reason to believe that next season will be better than last.

Anyway how about Roman Pavlyuchenko. We need a front man although to be honest when I look at our present choices in midfield, it is frightening.

Much rather have Pavel Pogrebniak but there is no way he would go from Zenit.

I hope for more young hungry players, not old, money grabbers. Can't think of any examples at the moment but I am sure they are out there.

Giles Barnes if we're going for youth..........

Would be worth a punt. Bit worried by his injuries but being a toon fan any player who has had a papercut would make me nervous.

Giles Barnes if we're going for youth..........

Would be worth a punt. Bit worried by his injuries but being a toon fan any player who has had a papercut would make me nervous.

Lol I know what you mean, I'd be a bit pissed if we got another emre, how much do you recon to buy Branes I heard we made a cheeky 2million offer a while ago and it was understandably turned down

I honestly think it doesn't matter who but more how much.

If Jonas came for £12m some would have been happier.

Absolute nonsense and you know it.. Now a top class player for 12 million and we would be having a different debate..

i don't think its nonsense at all. i think he's absoloutely spot on.

Well we haven't splashed out 12 million for him have we, so it's a complete non debate. Personally, if we would have thrown away 12 million on a player of his credentials I would have been far more unhappy than I currently am about signing two 'meh' players when we really need to inject some quality in the side..

What are his credentials? How much have you seen him play?

In his mid twenties, never caught the eye of a big European club, a complete fringe player for his country and no outstanding statistics in terms of goal scoring or creating. If we would have paid 12 million for a relatively unknow player with those credentials I wouldn't have been happy.. Would you?

That's a "never" then.

Btw you've just described one:

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/350/robertnew2wf1.jpg

and we paid £10m for him seven years ago and he was f***ing brilliant.

You've also described David "tug tug tug" Bentley as well. And Andrei Arshavin.

That's fair enough Wullie. Some players take their time to blossom and as I've said before, Gutierrez may turn out to be a very good player for us. I certainly hope so. Doesn't mean any player with those questionnable credentials will be a success does it?

Absolute nonsense and you know it.. Now a top class player for 12 million and we would be having a different debate..

Well we haven't splashed out 12 million for him have we, so it's a complete non debate. Personally, if we would have thrown away 12 million on a player of his credentials I would have been far more unhappy than I currently am about signing two 'meh' players when we really need to inject some quality in the side..

In his mid twenties, never caught the eye of a big European club, a complete fringe player for his country and no outstanding statistics in terms of goal scoring or creating. If we would have paid 12 million for a relatively unknow player with those credentials I wouldn't have been happy.. Would you?

That's a "never" then.

and we paid £10m for him seven years ago and he was fucking brilliant.

Robert's record was pretty good at PSG tbf.

Its unrealistic and highly unlikely but David Bentley would send out all the right signals for me

I agree and I'd like to see us in for him especially if it's a battle between Villa and Spurs. Unfortunately I think he's got ideas above our station now, and will probably see those two as better bets.

This. We need to make a signing that the above two are in for, because all of the signals I'm getting this summer are that we're a mile behind even these two clubs when it comes to where players would sign.

That's a "never" then.

Robert's record was pretty good at PSG tbf.

Yep. Was linked with Barca, Valencia & Bayern Munich the month before we signed him.

That's a "never" then.

Arsenal reject went to a lower league club and came here for less than £2 million.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/4953/andycoleeg1.th.jpg

Exactly the type of signing we need to be looking for.

We have no chance of getting players that played at Euro 2008 (unless they were s****) and young british players who are already being talked about in the press (like that lad from Cardiff that Arsenal signed).

Somehow we have to get lucky and unearth a couple of gems (Rob Lee is another of this type) then we can push on and in a couple of season become an attractive propostion for the better known talent

Geez, and they call us, the ones calling for a bit of ambition, doom mongers. After reading that I think we've all got it the wrong way around.. The people in the positive mood camp are not positive at all, they are mentally prepared for mediocrity.. On a more serious note, we are still a very attractive Premiership club and many players would jump at the chance to join us, no matter how much Shitteam will have you believe otherwise. It's just a matter of the people in charge of the club showing the required level of ambition in attracting new players, i.e. ones that will allow us to move forward..

Its unrealistic and highly unlikely but David Bentley would send out all the right signals for me

I agree and I'd like to see us in for him especially if it's a battle between Villa and Spurs. Unfortunately I think he's got ideas above our station now, and will probably see those two as better bets.

This. We need to make a signing that the above two are in for, because all of the signals I'm getting this summer are that we're a mile behind even these two clubs when it comes to where players would sign.

Exactly. As you can see though, even Dave is resigned to losing out on a player if it comes to a 3-way fight between those clubs and us, which is incredible and would have justly been laughed off a mere few months ago.

That's a "never" then.

Arsenal reject went to a lower league club and came here for less than £2 million.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/4953/andycoleeg1.th.jpg

Exactly the type of signing we need to be looking for.

We have no chance of getting players that played at Euro 2008 (unless they were s****) and young british players who are already being talked about in the press (like that lad from Cardiff that Arsenal signed).

Somehow we have to get lucky and unearth a couple of gems (Rob Lee is another of this type) then we can push on and in a couple of season become an attractive propostion for the better known talent

Geez, and they call us, the ones calling for a bit of ambition, doom mongers. After reading that I think we've all got it the wrong way around.. The people in the positive mood camp are not positive at all, they are mentally prepared for mediocrity.. On a more serious note, we are still a very attractive Premiership club and many players would jump at the chance to join us, no matter how much Shitteam will have you believe otherwise. It's just a matter of the people in charge of the club showing the required level of ambition in attracting new players, i.e. ones that will allow us to move forward..

How were Andy Cole and Rob Lee mediocre ?