Stephen Warnock denies handing in transfer request

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

it'd be fucking idiotic to sign someone of warnocks age to challenge enrique - he'd want regular games and to be a starter otherwise why move?  assuming you sign him on that proviso he's then taking the games enrique NEEDS to continue improving

warnock can play both sides right?  same principle applies though, he wouldn't and should be brought in to challenge beye either

the lad insua or whatever seems the better, more likely option as he's 19 and won't be demanding/expecting anything...if not him someone of his age and stature in the game; thought that was the fucking point of all this "4 first team" & "4 younger players to challenge" bullshit we've been span anyways?  not sign a 26 year old to unsettle our just settling down LB a la  the damien duff and charlie n'zog summer

so i'm not believing it, 'cause it's stupid

Don't believe this story at all, but if we did sign him, we're certainly looking to break the top ten now, and worry about breaking the top 6 another season.

I think we need to get used to a long transitional period where we sign players like Warnock and Guthrie.

My impression was that neither Allardyce nor Keegan seemed to have complete confidence in Enrique. I'm not quite sure why exactly. But I get the feeling that Keegan is actually looking for somebody for the first team, not someone as cover.

Guest shearer_206

I thin Enrique will turn out to be a class player for us. He even managed to look decent in a struggling team last season and I don't like to judge imports on their first seasons. I have high hopes for him this term. As for Warnock, thanks, but no thanks.

Another player I really wanted when he first left Liverpool. However, to my shock we didn't go for him. At the time we had Babayaro and Ramage playing at left back!

Warnock is a really good left back who quietly goes about his business. Made the England team under Capello too don't forget.

Guest Christian Hayne

Nicko says there is more information regarding warnock at 11, and asked whether it was good news or bads news from Blackburns perspective.

he said, laughable news would cover it

:idiot2:

Hope this is a squad filler!

If this is how far we've fallen for 1st teamers then f*** me!

He's a good, reliable, first choice left-back who proved he can cut it in the Premier league in a team that finished 7th last season.  Should we be going for Evra, Ashley Cole or Cliche instead?

Guest BooBoo

Warnock is a really decent full back. Fulfilling the attacking full back role that KK seems to favour, he'd be better than Enrique, who i still do not think is overly special.

Warnock is a really decent full back. Fulfilling the attacking full back role that KK seems to favour, he'd be better than Enrique, who i still do not think is overly special.

i disagree. enrique was very good defensivly and with someone outside of him and last seasons games under his belt should come on strong this season. left back isn't a position i'd be looking for a first teamer unless the possibility was extra special.

Either way I think adding a LB that we're confident can hold his own in the 1st team is important.

The jury is still out on Enrique, and he's the only guy we have capable of playing there at the club. It'd be a shocking risk to just expect that he can be solid for us, as while he's looked half decent in patches he's still a youngster who hasn't really proven he can cut in the Premiership.

Last thing we want is N'Zogbia playing back there again. Much as I like him as a winger, he's a liability at left-back.

All things being equal I couldn't see Warnock being anything other than an understudy to Enrique. A player who could come in and fill in for a few games to cover an injury or suspension and 'hold the fort'.

I like Enrique but we need cover and someone like Warnock would be ideal for a modest fee/wage.  :thup:

Guest Stephen927

£3m would have been a bargain for him. Going by last seasons form at Blackburn, he's easily worth upwards of £5m.

Would prefer us to sign Shorey, little bit cheaper and would provide the competition for places we need.

Guest Christian Hayne

i think if we can bring him in at around the £4million mark it could be a solid signing that can do a decent job at left back and he also has the premier league exp which keegan has asked for in some of his signings.