Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

Have we had this one ?

http://www.morpethherald.co.uk/newcastleunited/Argentine39s-agent-tells-United-to.4339873.jp

Argentine's agent tells United to look elsewhere for a defender

Morpeth Herald, UK - 10 minutes ago

NEWCASTLE United have been told to "look for another player" after the agent of Fabricio Coloccini criticised Deportivo La Coruna's handling of his client. ...

Have we had this one ?

Argentine's agent tells United to look elsewhere for a defender

Morpeth Herald, UK - 10 minutes ago

NEWCASTLE United have been told to "look for another player" after the agent of Fabricio Coloccini criticised Deportivo La Coruna's handling of his client. ...

eons ago

f***ing hell, pay the extra million or so and get the c*** in FFS!

If this deal is called off over another million pounds I dont know what I'll do.  :rant:

Chill :lol:

Ha ha, its just all this on off s**** does my head in when a transfer should be as simple as this:

Wise:  Well hello there Mr Deportivo we are looking to purchase Colocinni from you for 9.5 million pounds, so what say thee?

Mr Deportivo: No, I want 10.5 million pounds for my player my good fellow.

Wise: Ah I see good sir, 10.5 million pounds it is then my friend.

Mr Deportivo: Good, you now have permission to speak with Mr Coloccinni.

Wise: Jolly good sir.

Mr Coloccini: I want £60,000 a week Mr Wise.

Wise: 60 grand you say?, how about £50,000 a week plus a lifetimes supply of free steak bakes from Greggs?

Mr Coloccinni: Deal.

Wise:  So Mr Deportivo, we have agreed personal terms with Mr Coloccinni are you happy to confirm the deal?

Mr Deportivo:  Without question Mr Wise sir.

Simple innit?

If this deal is called off over another million pounds I dont know what I'll do.  :rant:

Ha ha, its just all this on off s**** does my head in when a transfer should be as simple as this:

Wise:  Well hello there Mr Deportivo we are looking purchase Colocinni from you for 9.5 million pounds, so what say thee?

Wise: 60 grand you say?, how about £50,000 a week plus a lifetimes supply of free steak bakes from Greggs?

Wise:  So Mr Deportivo, we have agreed personal terms with Mr Coloccinni are you happy to confirm the deal?

Mr Deportivo:  Without question Mr Wise sir.

Simple innit?

Wise sounds rather polite.

I think with any transfer policy, there'll be permissible exceptions, on top of us possibly misunderstanding the new policies in the first place.

For example, when Keegan was referring to South Americans and the associated culture shock they have when moving to here, I interpreted that as him referring to South Americans based in South America, as opposed to those playing in Europe - which to me makes more sense, because e.g. on paper there should be little difference in terms of "culture shock" between signing a Russia/Germany/France and signing a South American playing in Russia/Germany/France for the past 5 years.

Also, I would've thought the "signing young players with a resale value" referred to big money (transfer fee or wages) transfers, i.e. not signing those relatively expensive big names who've had their best years behind them - Duff, Emre, Owen as examples, not because theyve turned out to be poor value for money overall, just that they were better years before we signed them and therefore the current policy might have ruled them out as possible signings. Why would Ashley be concerned about the resale value of someone who isnt going to cost much (fee + wages) in the first place?

Owen was 25, Emre was 24 & only £3.8m, and Duff was 27 and only £5m.

Don't let that get in the way of your argument though.

If this deal is called off over another million pounds I dont know what I'll do.  :rant:

Ha ha, its just all this on off shite does my head in when a transfer should be as simple as this:

Wise:  Well hello there Mr Deportivo we are looking purchase Colocinni from you for 9.5 million pounds, so what say thee?

Wise:  So Mr Deportivo, we have agreed personal terms with Mr Coloccinni are you happy to confirm the deal?

Mr Deportivo:  Without question Mr Wise sir.

Simple innit?

That was all correct till the last bit where it went:

Mr Deportivo: Nah mate, changed my mind, I want 2 mill more

Wise:Fuckerrrrrrrrrrrr

They seem to be looking for a replacement, so maybe this mad president fellow is using the time it takes to find one to squeeze a bit more money out of us. Once they find a replacement, see how much he costs, perhaps something will go from there. If the player wants to leave, it usually follows that they'll go eventually. This is exactly why the club did well to not leak Guthrie and Jonas, because 50 pages worth of useless speculation means not enough work done and too much hope generated. It's like that episode of Father Ted when Dougal hits the big red button: we just can't help ourselves.

If this deal is called off over another million pounds I dont know what I'll do.  :rant:

Moan a bit on here? That'd definitely be my guess. Not sure what else you could do, in all honesty.

:lol:

Guest michaelfoster

plus a lifetimes supply of free steak bakes from Greggs?

Only worked with Steven Carr iirc

Guest David Kelly

I think with any transfer policy, there'll be permissible exceptions, on top of us possibly misunderstanding the new policies in the first place.

For example, when Keegan was referring to South Americans and the associated culture shock they have when moving to here, I interpreted that as him referring to South Americans based in South America, as opposed to those playing in Europe - which to me makes more sense, because e.g. on paper there should be little difference in terms of "culture shock" between signing a Russia/Germany/France and signing a South American playing in Russia/Germany/France for the past 5 years.

Also, I would've thought the "signing young players with a resale value" referred to big money (transfer fee or wages) transfers, i.e. not signing those relatively expensive big names who've had their best years behind them - Duff, Emre, Owen as examples, not because theyve turned out to be poor value for money overall, just that they were better years before we signed them and therefore the current policy might have ruled them out as possible signings. Why would Ashley be concerned about the resale value of someone who isnt going to cost much (fee + wages) in the first place?

They have all had their best years behind them though and considering what they've done here they have been "relatively expensive".

Guest Mucky01

plus a lifetimes supply of free steak bakes from Greggs?

Only worked with Steven Carr iirc

where did he end up going?

Guest Mucky01

wiki: Steven Carr

Currently a free agent...... He has been linked with West Ham, Bolton, Wigan, FC Handsome of Walton, Aston Villa and Portsmouth.

imagine the size of him if he’s had no pre-season training!!!!!

They have all had their best years behind them though and considering what they've done here they have been "relatively expensive".

What he said.

In all three cases, these players had been at a considerably higher level at least two yeras prior to us signing them. In all three cases, the players had a long list of prior injury problems/recurrances, with one of them being badly off the boil for at least 1.5 years prior to joining us.

In Duff and Emre's case, we offered higher wages than the competiiton just to land them or attract them in the first place. According to reports, they would have signed for Spurs and Everton respectively had we not jumped in (can add Parker to that list too, again if reports are to be believed). In Owen's case, we reportedly offered double the transfer fee and considerably higher wages just to freeze Liverpool out of the equation and force Owen's hand.

I dont think theres anything particularly wrong with either scenario on their own - signing a player who has gone off the boil for some time or had injury problems, or overpaying in wages to beat off competition/attract someone. Its when we combine both that the alarm bells should be ringing and we should be open to the possibility of shooting ourselves in the foot if we do sign that type of player using those means.

To be honest all the s*** with Colo transfer is Depors fault. We've been more than fair.

Yup, seems to me like we've done everything in the right way. Considering our intial bid was one of 8 million euros and is now 12 million euros, what else can be expected. To add to the insult the 12 was actually accepted and after we've made an agreement with the player the Depor president has asked for even more!

How anyone can blame the club in this situation is truly beyond me.

I'm relatively confident, we wouldn't have gone this far unless we really  want him. If the quotes are to be believed of course...

Trying not to get my hopes up too much though. :undecided:

Best years behind you at 24/25. It really is a young man's game. Better get rid of Gutierrez in January then, he's already way over the hill.

How old's Coloccini btw?