Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

You do have to wonder why it hasn't been announced or anything.

It was a week ago that Depor announced he was off, and when we saw Ashley wearing his shirt last Saturday I just assumed that it was a done deal and that we'd officially announce it after the game or something.

Risky business wearing that shirt if it wasn't 100% a done deal, if it were to fall through it'd be incredibly embarrassing.

So I have to assume it's a done deal, and if that's the case what's to be gained from not announcing it?

Maybe they are just trying to wait until all of the Papers get their predictions out for the season then announce the signings of Colo, Xavi, Arshavin, Berbatov, Pavlyuchenko, Taiwo, Matias Fernandez and Healy so we can all laugh at the press about there doom and gloom.  They constantly laugh at us why not laugh at them.

Maybe they are just trying to wait until all of the Papers get their predictions out for the season then announce the signings of Colo, Xavi, Arshavin, Berbatov, Pavlyuchenko, Taiwo, Matias Fernandez and Healy so we can all laugh at the press about there doom and gloom.  They constantly laugh at us why not laugh at them.

Or maybe Ash is going to stick a tenner on us winning the league and wants the odds to drift as much as possible first...

It's gonna be a little annoying tbh, if the only new signing that plays in the Manure game is Guthrie.

The fact that he didn't turn up at the training session today leaves me in no doubt at if and it now seems a big if he has signed then he won't be ready for Sunday.

It's gonna be a little annoying tbh, if the only new signing that plays in the Manure game is Guthrie.

The fact that he didn't turn up at the training session today leaves me in no doubt at if and it now seems a big if he has signed then he won't be ready for Sunday.

Maybe just sorting out his affairs in Spain.

Guest Nufc4Life

The more this has dragged on the more my suspicions have arised.

At first i was just thinking, like many of you, ah just a bit of paperwork to sort out...then another few days went by...probably just holding off the announcemtn a little...but now he was at the Valencia game and we still have no confirmation, and by all accounts he hasnt actually trained with the club yet, im starting to have serious doubts about whether this deal is actually going to happen at all.

Don't mean to take a negative press approach, but Keegan didnt seem to know any more than we did on Saturday about it, and thats a little worrying.

you just put a little shiver of fear down my spine afar

Although we have this media blanket ban it is weird how from the outside nothing is happening here. We have had him signed him allegedly for a bit yet no announcement from us & he isn't training with the first team squad. Most peculiar.

most likely scenario was said earlier on; he's probably back in spain sorting stuff out before coming back then the announcement with the club possibly hoping it'll be a dual announcement and allowing him to head back on that basis

not worried about this signing in the slightest

They must really have their hearts set on announcing all the signings together if they are prepared to drop Colo from training in order to keep it unofficial.  Either that or there is a problem.  I don't see any other options at this point.

I bloody hope so

And does anyone have the quote from Ashley when he said "You won't believe who wants to come in the summer" or something to that effect?

Triple signing on Friday me thinks  :clap:

Maybe he's training in secret. They'll start the match with Taylor and Cacapa, Man U will whip up on those two, and then the lights will all go off, some pyro will pop and Coloccini will run out of the tunnel and tackle the ball away from Ronaldo. The crowd will shit.

Then he'll walk to the sidelines and wait to be subbed in officially and the game will carry on without incident.