Man Utd (A) - Jonas confirmed available!

Guest DazzaNufc1892

I'm gonna go for a 1-0 Newcastle win.

Jonas to score in the 36 minute before being substituted after 70 minutes to a standing ovation from the away end.

That is all.

and he is replaced by Alan Smith

Jonas to score in the 36 minute before being substituted after 70 minutes to a standing ovation from the away end.

That is all.

How did you know?

That is all.

How did you know?

I read your post and got an image of a drunken obese bloke shaking his fist

Guest ObaStar

So they are missing:

Nani - Suspended

Anderson - Olympics

Rooney - Possible Virus

Ronaldo - Injured

Foster - Injured

Park Ji Sung - Injured

Saha - Injured

Hargreaves - Injured

But still have:

Van der Sar

Neville

Evra

Rio

Wes Brown

Giggs

Vidic

Carrick (whos not in great shape following the virus)

Scholes

O'Shea

Fletcher

Tevez

Kuszaczak

Guess they will go with something like this

Van Der Sar

Neville      Rio        Vidic          Evra

Fletcher      Carrick    Scholes    Giggs

Tevez    (new striker? campbell? saha if fit? or move giggs up front and put oshea in midfield.

Looks like a solid team, be tough to score on but they are missing their main threats so I dont think a draw or a 1-0, 2-1 win is out of the question

-----------------Ranger---------------

Ranger--Ranger--Ranger--Ranger

----------Ranger--Ranger-----------

That should win us it. He scores a minimum 4 goals a game you know, though usually 7-8. So with that line-up we should win minimum 44-0

-----------------Ranger---------------

----------Ranger--Ranger-----------

That should win us it. He scores a minimum 4 goals a game you know, though usually 7-8. So with that line-up we should win minimum 44-0

Fo sure innit man!

On a more serious note, they have a depleated team but by no means a mediocre team out next week.

However, if we play as a team, get our heads down, defend astutely and dont make daft mistakes I can see us getting a draw. 

1-1 or 2-2. 

I think anyone predicting any sort of result for us at the weekend is going to be disappointed. One of the daft things about us at Old Trafford is, not only is it Man Utd, and aye, they're the best team around and have been for a long time - but it is actually bogey ground in the last few seasons on top of their brilliance. We've had very dodgy reffing decisions (namely the Shearer non-pen in 03/04), but also have conceded spectacular goals that have come out of nowhere. And i mean, our defense just collapses whenever we step onto that pitch... like i say, aye it's Man Utd... but six goals in one half ffs?

Probably a comfortable win for 'United' ( :rolleyes: ) if we're being realistic. It'd be nice to see us actually put up some sort of fight for once, though. Going to Old Trafford is a fecking pain in the arse; probably my least favourite game in the entire season; glad it's out the way early. We might have a few faces back... call it extended pre-season. :D

I'd be happy for us not to get whipped tbh, games like this IMO don't matter so much as Bolton game where we are expected to take something from it. Take full points off all the teams in the bottom 7 or 8 in the league then we can build from there.

Guest ObaStar

It will be interesting to see what keegan plays.

With Owen coming back into the team Duff or Zog has to be dropped.

Maybe:

Given

Beye    Coloccini    Taylor  Enrique/Zog

Jonas        Guthrie  Butt/Geremi/Milner (probably butt to give us more defence)    Milner/Duff

Martins      Owen (to be subbed on 60 mins for Duff)

Why on earth would you play Butt at Old Trafford?  That's just a recipe for disaster.

Assuming Colo signs and nobody else does, I hope we'll see:

-------------Given--------------

Beye--Coloccini-Taylor--Enrique

Gutierrez-Guthrie-Geremi-Duff

--------Viduka----Martins--------

Bench: Harper, Faye, Bassong, Butt, Milner, Ameobi, Owen

Got to agree with the Butt comment as 1. He's not all that good and at 34 is certainly WAY past his best anyway and 2. Is a huge Man U fan and you just know he's going to a have a complete s*** game giving the ball away etc.

Disagree with other areas of your team as Faye has to play and Zoggy and Milner for me too.

Given

Beye  Taylor  Coloccini  Enrique

Faye

Gutierrez          Guthrie

Milner                    Zoggy

Martins

Subs: Harper,???, Geremi, Duff, Owen

Bring Owen on as and when needs be.

Disagree, he's been playing for his country so he should be fit enough. He could be our secret weapon. Imense player! With Beye he's our best defensive player. Immense physical presence, dangerous in the air, wins big tackles, tidy passer of the ball as well,  he could help us hugely in the midfield. Gutherie seems a bit young and lightweight (his time will come), Butt doesn't impress me at all, Geremi is a better option than Butt imo

I think anyone predicting any sort of result for us at the weekend is going to be disappointed. One of the daft things about us at Old Trafford is, not only is it Man Utd, and aye, they're the best team around and have been for a long time - but it is actually bogey ground in the last few seasons on top of their brilliance. We've had very dodgy reffing decisions (namely the Shearer non-pen in 03/04), but also have conceded spectacular goals that have come out of nowhere. And i mean, our defense just collapses whenever we step onto that pitch... like i say, aye it's Man Utd... but six goals in one half ffs?

Probably a comfortable win for 'United' ( :rolleyes: ) if we're being realistic. It'd be nice to see us actually put up some sort of fight for once, though. Going to Old Trafford is a fecking pain in the arse; probably my least favourite game in the entire season; glad it's out the way early. We might have a few faces back... call it extended pre-season. :D

If we lined up Beye Coloccini Cacapa Enrique with Faye just in front if them I can see us limiting them to one goal tbh

Its silly to say we don't have a real chance in this one IMO.  Manure may be the best side over the last couple of years but the side they have fit for this one is nothing more then solid-ish..  Yes we're away, but we certainly have a chance against that team.