Man Utd (A) - Jonas confirmed available!

Guest DazzaNufc1892

Guest rebel_yell12

My biggest fear is we'll play eleven men behind the ball. If we attack we'll have a chance, if we sit back and defend, they'll score eventually.

Has Kevin Keegan ever fielded a team to play eleven men behind the ball?  If BSA were still in charge, this would be my thought as well.  In fact, it often was the thoughts of many people, iirc.  But, Keegan doesn't seem the type to ever field a team without attack in mind.  Hell, a lot of people thought he should play defensively away against Spurs last season, and were surprised when he fielded the 4-3-3 (which was wonderfully effective).  I'm not expecting a similar result, of course, but at least a similar effort/mindset. 

My biggest fear is we'll play eleven men behind the ball. If we attack we'll have a chance, if we sit back and defend, they'll score eventually.

i wouldnt worry too much about that tbh, we're not gonna be gung ho but if we go out to defend for 90 minutes then KK's not our manager anymore

We'll attack them, no doubt about that.  If Owen doesn't start it'll probably be this provided Colo and Jonas are cleared to play.

Given

Beye              Colo                  Taylor        Enrique

Milner            Butt                  Guthrie      Jonas

Duff

Oba

We'll attack them, no doubt about that.  If Owen doesn't start it'll probably be this provided Colo and Jonas are cleared to play.

Given

Beye              Colo                  Taylor         Enrique

Milner             Butt                  Guthrie       Jonas

Duff

Oba

That team but Cacapa instead of Colo

Martins KO for Man U game

Published Date:

13 August 2008

By Miles Starforth

Newcastle United writer

OBAFEMI Martins is almost certainly out of Newcastle United's season-opener at Old Trafford.

The striker returned from a knee injury in Saturday's win over Valencia, but the Gazette understands Martins is still troubled by the problem, and could need a second injection.

Martins – who lost his mother last month in tragic circumstances – could even be allowed to return to his native Nigeria and spend some more time with his grieving family while the problem settles down.

Martins was absent this morning when Kevin Keegan put his players through their paces in an open training session in front of more than 10,000 fans at St James's Park.

And it is all pointing to Martins's absence when Newcastle take on Manchester United on Sunday.

His return had given manager Keegan a lift ahead of the visit to Old Trafford, with Michael Owen – set to play in a behind-closed-doors game tomorrow – still to prove his fitness, and fellow strikers Mark Viduka and Andy Carroll out for several more weeks.

Owen trained on his own with Abdoulaye Faye at St James's Park, while Joey Barton was absent from the session all together.

Shola Ameobi is also likely to play in the practice game after recovering from a hamstring problem, with Alan Smith – booed on his appearance against Valencia – Keegan's only fully-fit forward.

Elsewhere in his team, Keegan has other concerns, and he is desperate for the paperwork to be completed on Jonas Gutierrez and Fabricio Coloccini's moves to St James's Park.

Winger Gutierrez has been playing in pre-season with old club Real Mallorca's permission, and United went into this week still waiting to receive his registration.

His Argentine countryman Coloccini, meanwhile, has been training with his Newcastle team-mates ahead of Sunday's game, but the club are yet to officially confirm the defender's £9.5m switch from Deportivo La Coruna.

Keegan, however, still hopes to have him in his squad for the first weekend of the new season.

We're missing Owen, Martins, Viduka, Collocini and Gutierrez then? Can't wait. Shows we didn't really need to strengthen up front didn't it.

:suicide:

Was looking forward too this match since I really though we had a chance for a draw. But that was WITH players like Martins, Jonas, Colo, Owen etc. Without them we don´t even has to play=(

or can Keegan surprise us all?

Every season we seem to start without our best players :(.

We should learn to sign them a bit earlier in the transfer window tbh. Any reason it's taken 3 months to sign Collocini, and then another 3 weeks to sort the paperwork out?

OBAFEMI Martins is almost certainly out of Newcastle United's season-opener at Old Trafford.

Means they are making it up just because he was not at the training session today and they have no real information to back it up, pure speculation..

i think we're proper fucked this time!

owen, martins, viduka and carroll are out. ameobi and smith (now staying) are back to full fitness

Guti still not registered, and coloccini looks to have stalled. warnock isn't coming, and we're selling milner and faye

:weep:

fucked

Guest Wally_McFool

i think we're proper fucked this time!

owen, martins, viduka and carroll are out. ameobi and smith (now staying) are back to full fitness

Guti still not registered, and coloccini looks to have stalled. warnock isn't coming, and we're selling milner and faye

fucked

Heres a piece of rope you might mind useful for your depression.    ;D

http://www.apfn.net/messageboard/11-02-06/images/250px-Knot-hangmans-noose.jpg 

i think we're proper f***ed this time!

f***ed

I'm more worried about SUPERTOON tbh!  :undecided:

f***ed

gee thanks "mate"  :weep:

f***ed

gee thanks "mate"  :weep:

I meant unstable wise

so what's our potential team then?  owen trained today right so he's gotta be a possibility...assume martins IS fucked and colo/guti don't make it:

harper

beye

taylor

cacapa (faye not fit right?)

enrique

guthrie

butt

geremi

duff

zog/milner

owen

4-5-1 or 4-4-2 with duff ST and play for the draw?  lord only knows