Man Utd (A) - Jonas confirmed available!

Guest DazzaNufc1892

manu looked a bit bland against pompy, butgiven the number of chances they squandered then i guess they will finish all there chances against us.

the key to the thing is to stop scholes from passing. 

imo we should draw this game, at least.

Man yoo have a lot of players out but they also have a lot of experienced players to come in and sub the others, they know each other very well and have been playing 4-3-3 for two years now with great success, a draw would be a great result and to score a goal against that defence would be a worthy achievement!

First game and anything could happen but I am not getting my hopes up... 1-1

Hope to see:

--------------Harper--------------

Beye--Taylor-- Coloccini--Enrique

Jonas---Guthrie---Butt---Duff

--------Martins---Owen-----

I'm expecting a loss on this one but which team wouldn't?

All I hope is we go for their throat and give it a go, you can't ask for anymore.

If we get another 2 top quality players in this week then it could be a pretty close match.

I think we will see this team:

Given

Beye  Taylor  Cacapa  Enrique

Guthrie  Butt  Jonas

Milner    Martins  Duff

Or 4-4-2 with the same starting 11, with Duff as a striker and Milner as right midfilder.

Unfortunately I don't think Owen and Coloccini will make it, and I'm afraid that Rooney's injury is not serious enough to prevent him from playing.

My guess is an unlucky 2:0 loss, with a good performance.

What's happening with Owen then ? He going to be playing or not ? I can't really see it, even after a behind closed doors friendly

I'd like to see him on the bench, and have us go with the same formation we did against Valencia, as long as Jonas is registered in time I think in that formation him, Milner and Duff can cause them problems. If not I'd like to see Owen start and us go 4-4-2 just so we don't get killed down the flanks.

Guest rebel_yell12

With or without Owen/Jonas/Coloccini, this is a likely loss.  Hopefully it's not an embarrasment like the matches v. ManUre last season. 

Would love to see them all in the squad though, to finally get a look at the team as it'll be for the rest of the season.

I expect Owen to play some part, even if he doesn't play the full 90.  England matches are approaching after all  :shifty: and he'll want to look at least somewhat fit (and ideally, score a goal).  Especially if Rooney isn't up to 100% either.  I can't really see him coming on as a sub though, rather that he'll play the first 45 and lead the team out for the first match of the season, as he is captain.  Then give way in the second half for Smith or another midfielder who'll be shifting up to play with Martins.