Man Utd (A) - Jonas confirmed available!

Guest DazzaNufc1892

no way will we start the season with either of them in our team, i just simply will refuse to believe it is true until the day i die, and then if i wake up in the afterlife and it turns out to have been true then i'm applying for a transfer to the devils side; an eternity of pain and suffering has to be preferable

how could the summer have come to this, i'll genuinely be devastated and might well lose faith in humanity

EDIT: shit, keep forgetting to point out when i'm being tongue in cheek

It won't be Smith and Shola.  If it is Smith and Shola against the European Champions, then it means the team aren't taking the game seriously and there won't be any point in watching.  I could find something better to do on Sunday morning than watch those two take the piss.

Given

Beye    Cacapa  Coloccini  Enrique

Butt

Guthrie      N'Zogbia

Milner                                  Jonas

Owen

Given

Beye     Cacapa   Coloccini  Enrique

Butt

Guthrie       N'Zogbia

Milner                                  Jonas

Owen

Haven't they said that neither Jonas or Coloccini will be available though?

If we can't play Colo or Jonas then.

Given, Beye, Cacapa, Taylor, Enrique, Milner, Butt, Guthrie, N'Zogbia, Duff, Owen

Would be the team I'd imagine.

Smith playing up top if Owen isn't available. :(

Jonas in instead of Milner, Zoggy or Duff if available, Colo in for Cacapa.

Regardless of injuries to either side, this will be a simple and comprehensive home win.

Yup. In fact although I'm pissed off the Jonas and Coloccini situations look like they'll be unresolved, Owen, Martins and Viduka will be missing and we'll be going into the game with a generally crap side, our season starts against Bolton. We were always going to lose at Old Trafford, so I'm not going to lose too much sleep over it.

Regardless of injuries to either side, this will be a simple and comprehensive home win.

Yup. In fact although I'm pissed off the Jonas and Coloccini situations look like they'll be unresolved, Owen, Martins and Viduka will be missing and we'll be going into the game with a generally crap side, our season starts against Bolton. We were always going to lose at Old Trafford, so I'm not going to lose too much sleep over it.

Agree but it is very important to avoid a similar hammering like we got last season

Spot on.

We generally lose this fixture anyway so I've already written it off seeing as we're seemingly short of most of our quality players. Take the punch and move on.

dave, genuine question here given our 'stances' during the summer; what do you think of the clubs "performance" with colo & guti?

what i'm getting at is that i can't think of another club, perhaps granted there aren't that many of them as you don't tire of pointing out, who have transfers dragging on like we do

in fact the villa transfer of shorey/young is a right slap in the face for the "transfers don't happen overnight crowd" - so what's going wrong with us then?

We don't know anything about the club's "performance" with Coloccini and Jonas.

Canny ironic that you cite Jonas as 'dragging on' when the first mention of it was on the website that he'd signed.

We don't know anything about the club's "performance" with Coloccini and Jonas.

Canny ironic that you cite Jonas as 'dragging on' when the first mention of it was on the website that he'd signed.

howay man surely you can see there's a question to ask here wullie?

how isn't the jonas thing dragging on if his papers aren't sorted after this amount of time?  unless i've misread what everyones saying about his chances of playing in which case i apologise

if i've not misread it what's the crack like?  we play him in pre-season games and appears to be our major ray of hope yet he can't play for us when we actually really need him?

alls well then?

Guest BooBoo

dave, genuine question here given our 'stances' during the summer; what do you think of the clubs "performance" with colo & guti?

what i'm getting at is that i can't think of another club, perhaps granted there aren't that many of them as you don't tire of pointing out, who have transfers dragging on like we do

in fact the villa transfer of shorey/young is a right slap in the face for the "transfers don't happen overnight crowd" - so what's going wrong with us then?

I realise your question wasnt aimed at me but it does raise some things i've been concerned about.

The Guttierez registration farce seems incredibly amateurish. If we dont have his registration now (and the bugger was signed at the very end of June!) when are we going to get it? If Mallorca have refused to release it, why haven't we been badgering UEFA to step in? I cant imagine any other clubs just sitting back with their thumb up their arse waiting for a hacked off Mallorca to play ball.

Secondly the Colo deal. In some ways the media black out is not a bad thing but its misleading and worrying for the clubs supporters when nothing is mentioned. We've been on the brink of signing this guy for weeks now and still no confirmation, not even an update on if and when he will be joining.

I really think neither will be involved at Old Trafford and that alone will show us up to be amateurs. This shite just wouldnt be tolerated at other clubs.

Guest Hellhammer

Given, Beye, Cacapa, Taylor, Enrique, Milner, Butt, Guthrie, N'Zogbia, Duff, Owen

Is there some anti-Martins campain going on or what  ???

Guest BooBoo

Is there some anti-Martins campain going on or what  ???

Injured apparently.