Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Guest TrueToon

Ranger played very well, He is a problem for defence, It's quite hard to find a player who is physically strong, Tall and fast all in one. He just needs to improve his shooting but it will all come in time, He's only 19, Exciting prospect..

Tell you what, this kid just needs a goal from somewhere, and he will explode into life - so to speak.

At some point he was in the pen area, with his back to goal, had 4 red shirts around him, and he was itching to turn and lash it into the top corner, but instead he dallied and lost the ball. Once he gets the composure and confidence to turn and get the shot off on instinct, rather than wait, he will come good.

He looks like he has improved a lot on last season. He was a bit headless chicken at times but seems to have got a bit more direction in his game. Seems to give defenders a real problem and combined with the threat of Carroll it means the opposition back four can't rest for a second.

I agree it's still to early for him to be a regular starter but I think it's about time we stopped starting Shola. He's been awful the last few games. Maybe #leonbestismint needs to get a chance up along AC9 with Ranger coming on for the last 30.

Liverpool were in the ascendancy on the hour mark and were going on to win the game.

The introduction of Nile was the reason the game changed and instead of playing their composed football from the back, they went to pieces as Nile harried and chased down everything in the last third.

Not a mention by the highly paid experts in the MOTD studio of course.

Fitness, pace and power, there really is no substitute.

Tamas Kadar for Sol Cambell next please.

He looks like he has improved a lot on last season. He was a bit headless chicken at times but seems to have got a bit more direction in his game. Seems to give defenders a real problem and combined with the threat of Carroll it means the opposition back four can't rest for a second.

I agree it's still to early for him to be a regular starter but I think it's about time we stopped starting Shola. He's been awful the last few games. Maybe #leonbestismint needs to get a chance up along AC9 with Ranger coming on for the last 30.

Leon Best has done nothing to deserve a start.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He's demonstrated that he can run. Makes him more worthy of a start than Shola.

That makes me Nana more worthy. Get in there Nana Harley!  :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

He's demonstrated that he can run. Makes him more worthy of a start than Shola.

I think the worry is that he'll not be as fired up from the start and that the opposition will be fresher, the only way to find out is to put him in and see how it goes.

His goal record would be much better if his job last season wasn't to come on in the last five minutes and hold the ball up when we were winning.

I agree, he was told to go and get the ball and to hold it up and he's suffered a bit for that.

That might have been the biggest impact I've seen from a substitution. Liverpool were well on top for the first 15 minutes of the second half, then on comes Ranger and the game completely changes.

Needs to get that first goal, it will come though. Imagine if he develops as much as Carroll has, that would be one hell of a partnership.

That might have been the biggest impact I've seen from a substitution. Liverpool were well on top for the first 15 minutes of the second half, then on comes Ranger and the game completely changes.

Needs to get that first goal, it will come though. Imagine if he develops as much as Carroll has, that would be one hell of a partnership.

Pardew will have noted his game changing contribution. He should start against Birmingham as Shola sadly does not seem fit again.

Every game he plays he looks better. Definitely a lot of raw potential there and even though he is pretty skinny he is strong.

Guest Stephen927

When he ceases to be straight like a banana, the thread title shall be changed. Get rid of those stars though, proper embarrassing.

When he ceases to be straight like a banana, the thread title shall be changed. Get rid of those stars though, proper embarrassing.

And the 8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888