Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

The t*** really has done enough damage just with the negative publicity for his contract to be cancelled and him given the boot. I expect we are worried he will turn up somewhere else and we would have lost out financially. Imagine what the new players must think of this c*** hanging around the training ground and even worse getting playing time recently.

Yeah, this doesn't really count. Getting questioned/arrested on suspicion of a crime isn't means for cancelling a contract. All the other BS he's done other Newcastle players have done similar and have not had their contracts terminated. Gross misconduct tends to be 1 major thing not many smaller things, so he'd sweep up in court.

Only way he could be sacked if he is guilty. MA's a gambling man, he'd rather wait for that.

I can be sacked for saying negative things about a RIVAL on twitter/FB let alone my company. It's in most people's contracts.

Getting arrested for something you haven't been proven guilty of in a court of law isn't gross misconduct. Atm, he hasn't done anything so he can't be sacked. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

Do you think Ranger is bringing bad publicity to the club and has done on a number of occasions? 

Yeah, this doesn't really count. Getting questioned/arrested on suspicion of a crime isn't means for cancelling a contract. All the other BS he's done other Newcastle players have done similar and have not had their contracts terminated. Gross misconduct tends to be 1 major thing not many smaller things, so he'd sweep up in court.

Only way he could be sacked if he is guilty. MA's a gambling man, he'd rather wait for that.

Cumulative misconduct can be classed as gross misconduct.  It doesn't matter if other players have done the same thing as him once or twice if he's done it a dozen times.  It's not just what he's done, it's the number of times that he's done it, by that I mean bringing bad publicity.

I can't remember any player at our club bringing as much bad publicity as Ranger has.

I've stuck up for him in the past because of what other have done and got away with but as far as I'm aware he's miles ahead of any other player that we've had.  The closest I can think of to Ranger, while here, was Dyer.

Cumulative misconduct can be classed as gross misconduct.  It doesn't matter if other players have done the same thing as him once or twice if he's done it a dozen times.  It's not just what he's done, it's the number of times that he's done it, by that I mean bringing bad publicity.

I can't remember any player at our club bringing as much bad publicity as Ranger has.

I've stuck up for him in the past because of what other have done and got away with but as far as I'm aware he's miles ahead of any other player that we've had.  The closest I can think of to Ranger, while here, was Dyer.

You could make a good case for Joey Barton

You could make a good case for Joey Barton

While here he was done for the assault in Liverpool, other than that he fell out with Shearer and had a bit of a twitter rant, I can't remember anything else.

Nile ranger ‏@NilePowerRanger

once I'm gone... U aint seeing me again!!!

Who's his defence lawyer - Barry Scott?

This one is better though :spit:

He's a right twat that SSR, pisses me off he's so young as well.

• 1 month later...