Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

ha hasnt got the physical presence yet to play in the premier league, nevermind against f***ing stoke

Stoke aren't some sort of team of monsters, a lot are just six foot blokes, so what?  Players like Defoe and Benayoun manage to survive in the PL (Zola in the past as well) no reason why Ranger would struggle (size wise at least).

This, I think Stokes physical presence has been exaggerated to the point that people think we're going up against a team of body builders. :lol:

been to see him play yet mate? i've been once and i can comfortably say he's not ready

I'll take Shearer's assessment of him being ready or not over yours any day though. :aww:

so will i mate.

He said: "We are going to have to start creating some chances because otherwise, there is no point in having Michael, no point in having Oba or the two big lads in Shola and Andy - and hopefully, Mark Viduka - and the young lad, Nile Ranger.

"We have got to start giving them a bit of ammo."

And here in article about Oba. Clearly in his thoughts, world of difference to kinnear. Reckon he'll clearly defo get on the pitch before the end of the season.

Sounds like he might get a couple of minutes here and there. Good, it's not like we've anything to lose by it.

Same should be the case with LuaLua tbh.

Agreed. When does LuaLua get back from his loan btw?

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/04/11/shearer-is-impressed-by-youngster-nile-ranger-61634-23363070/

Shearer is impressed by youngster Nile Ranger

Apr 11 2009 by Mark Douglas, The Journal

NEWCASTLE United’s rookie striker Nile Ranger has received a ringing endorsement from new boss Alan Shearer – who has hinted at first-team involvement before the end of the season.

As difficult as it is to look to the long-term with United’s Premier League future resting on a knife edge, Ranger’s progression from the Academy side to the first team squad has buzzed away underneath the travails of the senior players.

Signed from Southampton in July 2008, the 18-year-old has scored 21 goals in second string and Academy games this season and is highly-rated enough to have been included in the first team squad at various points this season. Shearer saw him in person for the first time in Monday’s reserve team defeat of Bolton Wanderers and proclaimed himself impressed with the teenager. United’s caretaker boss will include him in the travelling party for the Stoke game this evening after the youngster responded positively to a ‘pep talk’ earlier this week.

“I’ve been very impressed by him. I was aware of him looking from the outside but when you start to work with players a little bit closer, you learn a bit more about them,” Shearer said.

“I’ve been impressed with both him and Andy – and Shola, to be fair.”

Shearer is looking for more inspiration from his senior players, too. Nerves and tension have been evident in even Newcastle’s key men over recent weeks – the failure to beat a poor Hull City team being a prime example.

Shearer has spent this week hammering home the message that his players need to be brave, as long as they aren’t being reckless in the wrong areas.

“I was involved in a relegation struggle at Southampton – almost every year,” he said. “It’s a tense and nervy situation to be in, as I remember it. It’s also tense and nervy when you’re at the top – that’s football.

“The players have to be big enough and brave enough to handle that. They need to say ‘Give me that ball, I’m not afraid to make a mistake’. That’s the key – they have to believe in their own ability.

“They are at a huge football club and I have said to them ‘I don’t mind mistakes in the right areas’ – as long as they are trying things.”

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/04/11/shearer-is-impressed-by-youngster-nile-ranger-61634-23363070/

NEWCASTLE United’s rookie striker Nile Ranger has received a ringing endorsement from new boss Alan Shearer – who has hinted at first-team involvement before the end of the season.

As difficult as it is to look to the long-term with United’s Premier League future resting on a knife edge, Ranger’s progression from the Academy side to the first team squad has buzzed away underneath the travails of the senior players.

Signed from Southampton in July 2008, the 18-year-old has scored 21 goals in second string and Academy games this season and is highly-rated enough to have been included in the first team squad at various points this season. Shearer saw him in person for the first time in Monday’s reserve team defeat of Bolton Wanderers and proclaimed himself impressed with the teenager. United’s caretaker boss will include him in the travelling party for the Stoke game this evening after the youngster responded positively to a ‘pep talk’ earlier this week.

“I’ve been very impressed by him. I was aware of him looking from the outside but when you start to work with players a little bit closer, you learn a bit more about them,” Shearer said.

Shearer is looking for more inspiration from his senior players, too. Nerves and tension have been evident in even Newcastle’s key men over recent weeks – the failure to beat a poor Hull City team being a prime example.

Shearer has spent this week hammering home the message that his players need to be brave, as long as they aren’t being reckless in the wrong areas.

“I was involved in a relegation struggle at Southampton – almost every year,” he said. “It’s a tense and nervy situation to be in, as I remember it. It’s also tense and nervy when you’re at the top – that’s football.

“The players have to be big enough and brave enough to handle that. They need to say ‘Give me that ball, I’m not afraid to make a mistake’. That’s the key – they have to believe in their own ability.

“They are at a huge football club and I have said to them ‘I don’t mind mistakes in the right areas’ – as long as they are trying things.”

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

They need to say ‘Give me that ball, I’m not afraid to make a mistake’. That’s the key – they have to believe in their own ability.

‘I don’t mind mistakes in the right areas’ – as long as they are trying things.”

Thats very Ferguson-like. I love it. Totally the right way to look at things imo.

:lol:

:celb:

Good news. Very good news.

Guest Heneage

Ameobi proved once again just how useless he is, at this rate I'd be giving  Carroll Xisco a go if Martins would rather listen to his Ipod.

Before we equalised I thought that we should bring him on just for the last 5 mins or so, and go all out attack.

Should be next in the pecking order behind Carroll and Owen (if Martins is injured)

When he came to warm up towards the end, there was a few bits of applause, me and Dave joined in enthusiastically and eventually so did everyone else.

Cue the bloke behind us: "anyone knaa who the fuck it is?" :lol:

When he came to warm up towards the end, there was a few bits of applause, me and Dave joined in enthusiastically and eventually so did everyone else.

Cue the bloke behind us: "anyone knaa who the f*** it is?" :lol:

blasphemy! :lol:

He's basically said today that Nile will defo be playing first team footie at some point this season  :thup:

Newcastle United boss Alan Shearer praised Andy Carroll after his equaliser in their 1-1 draw at Stoke City.

"It was a towering header, a fantastic header, one I would have been proud of myself," assessed Shearer.

"I told him and Nile Ranger, who were both on the bench today, that if they wanted to play a huge part in our survival fight then they have to show me in games.

"They did that in the reserves on Monday, and that is why they were in the squad and on the bench, with Andy getting on and proving a point.

"I want everyone to do that - we're going to need to do that."

He's basically said today that Nile will defo be playing first team footie at some point this season  :thup:

Newcastle United boss Alan Shearer praised Andy Carroll after his equaliser in their 1-1 draw at Stoke City.

"It was a towering header, a fantastic header, one I would have been proud of myself," assessed Shearer.

"I told him and Nile Ranger, who were both on the bench today, that if they wanted to play a huge part in our survival fight then they have to show me in games.

"They did that in the reserves on Monday, and that is why they were in the squad and on the bench, with Andy getting on and proving a point.

"I want everyone to do that - we're going to need to do that."

I think I just came...

Guest firetotheworks

Anyone remember we signed a spanish striker eariler this season?

Aye, what I dont understand is that he didnt ask Xisco to show him in games for the reserves....but Xisco did anyway, and he's still not in the squad. Something fishy is obviously going on with him. Got to be if 2 managers and Hughton haven't bothered with him.

Aye, what I dont understand is that he didnt ask Xisco to show him in games for the reserves....but Xisco did anyway, and he's still not in the squad. Something fishy is obviously going on with him. Got to be if 2 managers and Hughton haven't bothered with him.

Xisco was absolutely dreadful last Monday night tbf.

Xisco was absolutely dreadful last Monday night tbf.

Agreed. He looked as weak as water, no strength on the ball whatsoever.