Abdoulaye Faye signs for Stoke for £2.25m

Theregulars

I dont understand why everyone can be that unhappy about Faye leaving?!! At the end of the day, he obviously didnt want to be hear anymore after Fat Sam left and wanted to move back closer to home. And he fell out with keegan end of the season, I dont want anyone playing for my club who doesnt wanna be hear. Lets get behind Keegan and trust him.

Is all of that fact or speculation? I'm unhappy about it because our most reliable CB from last season left for less than we might get for Alan Smith.

Daily Mail are running a story tomorrow that Stoke are trying to buy Abdoulaye Faye who is "unhappy" due to starting just 22 games.

Incredible seeing as he missed a month of action in the busy January period at the African Cup of Nations and only missed out when he was injured - he must have been really annoyed at the club for those things.

Next...

:lol:

We've been robbed there like.

That's what i was arguing. Even if he wanted to be away, we should have been compensated properly for losing a first team defender with Premiership experience. £3-4m would have been more like it.

I dont understand why everyone can be that unhappy about Faye leaving?!! At the end of the day, he obviously didnt want to be hear anymore after Fat Sam left and wanted to move back closer to home. And he fell out with keegan end of the season, I dont want anyone playing for my club who doesnt wanna be hear. Lets get behind Keegan and trust him.

Senegal?

Only time will tell but the guy obviously has no ambition to win trophies nor to prove himself undroppable to Keegan so bollocks to him.

I will go with Keegans judgement every time

Guest BooBoo

Compared to some of the other clowns that have lined up at centre back, he was competent.

A puzzling sale, just hope we can bring in a decent replacement (in addition to Colo).

Compared to some of the other clowns that have lined up at centre back, he was competent.

A puzzling sale, just hope we can bring in a decent replacement (in addition to Colo).

Only puzzling to us who dont know the reasons why. The club must have their reasons

That's what i was arguing. Even if he wanted to be away, we should have been compensated properly for losing a first team defender with Premiership experience. £3-4m would have been more like it.

I don't get how transfers work these days. If we were willing to sell him why don't the club announce that he is on the transfer list? At least then there may have been some competition for his signature pushing the value up.