Michael Owen in 2008-09

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

all depends on the service we create for our strikers, hopefully this will be a hell lot better than last season

have many people really been saying we need to replace or cover for Owen?

imo the main consensus has been that we need a replacement or upgrade on Viduka.

Just seem to have been reading a lot of doom and gloom about him lately, seemingly because he's out of the Old Trafford trip (and maybe the contract thing dragging). Simply pointing out he wasn't actually that unreliable last year.

You're right on the Viduka thing.

I'm not denying he was gash up front.

Which is why we need a striker. Smith and Ameobi also being gash and Viduka being a fat bastard, leaves us with just Martins. I don't want to be left relying on Owen's reliability or will he/won't he sign a contract saga.

I'm not denying he was gash up front.

Which is why we need a striker. Smith and Ameobi also being gash and Viduka being a fat b******, leaves us with just Martins. I don't want to be left relying on Owen's reliability or will he/won't he sign a contract saga.

anyone notice he played crap when the team as a whole played crap. a couple of games where he missed some chances when just coming back from a long lay off but,especially later in the season scored and gave the ball away less than anyone.

i have no worries of him playing up front in a two but we need a replacement for viduka.

Dave, you say he only missed 9 games, which is fair enough, but like Tooj said (holla back Tooj!), he wasn't great in a lot of those games.

This is because after all these continuous injury lay offs it takes him a while to get going again so he might as well not be out there for half of the games anyway.

This was especially irritating when after injury he was thrown straight back into the team ahead of a fitter Martins, because of the Martins is such a "poor finisher" and owen never misses sitters bollocks. Well Owen missed a hell of a lot last season and part of it was due to him being so off form with all the starting and stopping.

Dave, you say he only missed 9 games, which is fair enough, but like Tooj said (holla back Tooj!), he wasn't great in a lot of those games.

This is because after all these continuous injury lay offs it takes him a while to get going again so he might as well not be out there for half of the games anyway.

This was especially irritating when after injury he was thrown straight back into the team ahead of a fitter Martins, because of the Martins is such a "poor finisher" and owen never misses sitters bollocks. Well Owen missed a hell of a lot last season and part of it was due to him being so off form with all the starting and stopping.

He still played more and had a better goal rate than Martins last season whatever you think of their relative fitness levels or form.

i've got a fiver on him to be prem top scorer at 44-1.

thinking if he stays fit and has a good start (ie like the end of last season),and doesn't renew his contract he could be a good cheep option for one of the clubs in europe.

those odds were too good to turn down

That is good odds.

Guest Chubby Jason

I wouldn't like to predict how often he snaps his cruciate/hamstring/groin but I do hope he signs on before the end of the month. If he doesn't then we may even have to think about selling him in this transfer window and bring someone else in.

I really really want Owen to rock and bang in at least 20 goals this season but I have to be honest with myself and admit I doubt he will play many games, we get all the "Owen to be fit, Owen trained, Owen ready" then as sure as theirs hairs on Dave's balls we get at the last minute "Owen won't be risked, Owen not Fit, Owen set back".

I am fkn sick of it, look at Rooney  it was thought he would not be fit for the start of the season eyt he starts against us on Sunday, Owen lacks heart he has more interest in his fkn horses. Maybe we would have sold him at the start of the window..

I really really want Owen to rock and bang in at least 20 goals this season but I have to be honest with myself and admit I doubt he will play many games, we get all the "Owen to be fit, Owen trained, Owen ready" then as sure as theirs hairs on Dave's balls we get at the last minute "Owen won't be risked, Owen not Fit, Owen set back".

I am fkn sick of it, look at Rooney  it was thought he would not be fit for the start of the season eyt he starts against us on Sunday, Owen lacks heart he has more interest in his fkn horses. Maybe we would have sold him at the start of the window..

:lol:

All of it.

I'm still not having this "sh*t up front" last season stuff either. He was playing up front at a time where Viduka was injured, Martins was in the ACON, and we were generally playing sh*te as a team. Still think he's the main striker in a 4-4-2 and somewhat wasted in the hole.

:lol: