Manchester United 1 - 1 Newcastle - 17/08/08 - post match reaction from page 26

Dave

Guest Heneage

Charlie looked lazy today as well start Enrique next week imo. Same with duff, see if we can get Saviola then.

Given - 8 Saved us on a few occassions showed why he is a top keeper, I hope those who said he should be shifted if decent bid comes in realise it now.

Beye- 7 Looked slow and rusty but hes had no pre-season did good job.

Taylor -8 If it was in the air it was his. Actually seemed to steady Colo

Coloccini- 7 one days training and he keeps Rooney quiet, well done Faye who?

N'Zogbia- 7 Had his moments but is not a LB  in any context. Think he was used to flood the right side with good effect.

Butt - 6 Had some iffy moments where I thought "Cardiff Mk2" But did some good break up play.

Guthrie - 8 Doesnt waste his passes very cool head, and most of all has one hell of a tackle.

Milner - 7 Battled hard made up for lack of technicality with sheer effort.

Jonas - 9 Worked the left side like there was 2 of him, back up, and skinned Shrek in the process. (Would love to see it in Gif form, but understand the rules Dave :D)

Duff 6-7 not what he used to be, had brief moments today but almost seemed afraid to really run at them like Jonas.

Martins- 8 The guy had few chances but thakfully took one to give us that lead showed he can be lone striker when needed. All after his recent problems off field, true hero.

Guest VegasToon

Disappointed in Butt and N'Zogbia.

Jonas is.... I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY.

Given has to be man of the match.

I watched to reach into the TV and strangle Butt.  I think he got confused as to which team he was playing for.  

If we had been dry bummed into submission I could say it would have been hard to attract top quality signings.

After this we must be a better prospect than the scouse Mackems!

Tiago, Mouthinio, Or Saviola come here boys and get us back into europe!

Keegan! Keegan! Keegan!

The only time Fergie would have given us praise is if we would have lost! He know's we were no pushover!

getting a point against them cunts has made my day.

I'd love to see the faces of the turbanators in their shite KK t shirts. Deal with that you glory seeking cunts !

One game does not a season make but how satisfying to go to the Theatre of Tourists and ruin their day. There'll be some misserable feckers on the train back to London who will no doubt ring MUFC and ask for their money back....

Oh, one more rating.

Keven Keegan - 10 - for resisting the temptation to put Alan Smith on no matter how knackered Oba looked.

Good point! Was saying at around 70 minutes that I was sure Smith would come on. Chuffed that he didn't :D

Fuck yes lads  :celb: Absolutely delighted with the result and the performance - excellent in retaining possession and looked fit and hungry throughout the match.

Given - 8; Kept us in the game, some excellent saves.

Beye - 7; Solid and dependable as per usual, dealt with Evra very well.

Taylor - 8; Won everything in the air and didn't put a foot wrong.

Coloccini - 7; A decent debut under alot of pressure and a severe transition to a new way of play - no mistakes and superb in the header.

N'Zogbia - 6; Didn't offer an awful lot going forward to justify being picked over Enrique if I'm honest. Looked a bit shaky and had to be helped by Jonas too much for my liking.

Milner - 6; Delivery was better, tracked back well at times but didn't offer enough going forward. A bit average.

Butt - 6; Alright but was sloppy at times in passing and possession. Made my heart skip a beat as well in that last minute.

Guthrie - 8; Excellent. Very quick footed, tidy and dictated all of our play in the first half. A true bargain if this match is anything to go by.

Jonas - 9; MOTM. Fantastic shift defensively and our biggest threat on the counter attack. Superb.

Duff - 6; Tidy and sharp but didn't offer much.

Martins - 7; Didn't see too much of the ball but exhibited good strength, pace and touch and kept Van Der Sar on his toes. Was unlucky in possession on a couple of occasions as well.

Absolutely ecstatic, bring on Bolton.

getting a point against them c***s has made my day.

I'd love to see the faces of the turbanators in their s**** KK t shirts. Deal with that you glory seeking c***s !

One game does not a season make but how satisfying to go to the Theatre of Tourists and ruin their day. There'll be some misserable feckers on the train back to London who will no doubt ring MUFC and ask for their money back....

:clap: love it :)