So, who's signing in the final week?

Coxaux
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Geordie Boyo

God knows who we're going to get now. Looks like a another in the dark stupid waiting game as the clock ticks down...!

Guest alankhaw

Maybe we're telling the press all this to cover some signings lined up and surprise us when the deadline arrives

Guest Heneage

Newcastle and Aston Villa are keeping tabs on Standard Liege midfielder Marouane Felliani, although they could be put off by the Belgian club's £10m price tag. (Daily Mail)

Heneage, is he any good?

totally missed this rumour but.

I've mainly caught him in Europe bar the oddest of occassion some Belgian highlights or friendlies this summer. I know he bounced about youth clubs as a lad. I think he played Defensive Midfield for Liege tonite if i'm not mistaken? But he's been known to ply his trade at Centre back left back and defensive midfield.

I must admit i'm a fan, the afro, the fact hes similar physically to a Vieira in the sense hes quite leggy and lean. Doesn't mind putting a tackle in and break play up, He's belgian so much like the Dutch he is technically sound, as hes been well coached, he can pass well over long or short distance and has good determination and temprement,plus the lads only 20 years old but still has about 8-10 international caps, I think . I would hazard a guess at a bid of between 6-8 million Euro's would get him.

my god, i am one desperate newcastle fan at the moment......i'm salivating at the mouth......or is that frothing, I'm going crazy.........i'm even looking at stupid worthless rumours at the moment and thinking too hard about them....

NEED......PLAYERS.........NOW

I still think (hope) two will come in. Still 5 days left.

The Milner situation seems to be complicated by the fact he's seemingly not bothered about Villa.

Looking forward to the end of all this nonsense come Tuesday.

If noone signs then Ashley and co need fucking shooting.

Serious questions need to be asked, given KK's comments on the squad. This is regardless of the money spent btw.

agreed, if 5 players sign and they all cost 500k each then the only thing that matters is on the pitch

If noone signs then Ashley and co need f***ing shooting.

Serious questions need to be asked, given KK's comments on the squad. This is regardless of the money spent btw.

I could well see  Keegan f***ing off again if we get noone in.

Seems like him saying we need a couple or three or four as a direct ploy to get Ashley & co to get their arses in gear.

There is still time but a little worrying to say the least.

If noone signs then Ashley and co need f***ing shooting.

I could well see  Keegan f***ing off again if we get noone in.

Seems like him saying we need a couple or three or four as a direct ploy to get Ashley & co to get their arses in gear.

There is still time but a little worrying to say the least.

he's made a commitment, he'll not leave now regardless imo - worst case he'll see the season out then go if he feels that strrong

no way on earth keegan will want to be remembered for walking out on us when we were in trouble, as opposed to what he did last time

Complete Kneejerk after watching hime for 2 games I admit, but I like the look of Standard Leige's young captian (DeFour?). I think he is only 20 and he ran the midfield for two games against Liverpool. Out of Europe now too, but cuptied, maybe putting other clubs off him. Long term replacement for Butt.