James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Toon Argy

If Milner is so damn good why were the Villians the only ones interested???????

If Ashley Young was so...

If Jonas Gutierrez was so..

If Martin Petrov was so..

If Elano was so...

etc etc...

Not saying Milner was worth £12m btw but this "if so and so was soo good" thing has been proved wrong so many times now.

If you were manager and someone offered £9m for him, would you have accepted it Jon? Serious question. No ifs or buts, just yes or no and reasons.

No because Villa offered £12m ;)

If you were manager and someone offered £4m for him, would you have accepted?

Based on what Danny Guthrie (and i'm not that enthralled by him) can do, yes. In reality I think about £5 would have been fair for him in terms of a decent, adaptable squad player. I dont rate him but always said he was a good squad player, as a first choice, we need much much better. I think we did embarrassingly well financially tbh

Now come on Milner's no world beater but five quid !! :)

Worth atleast £5.99!

• 2 months later...
Guest Heneage

It would be very easy to call Milner shite and explain how I am wiping the tears of laughter away with a crisp £20 from the £12 Millions worth we got for him.

But seriously, he was very poor tonight, no crossing didn't get past Enrique once to my knowledge, didn't really look up for it.

Had one good cross, which Agbonlahor should have finished, but Villa, as a team, just didn't show up tonight.

Maybe we were good and contained their midfield well, or it was just a really poor game from them; Milner's performance was just representative of their team as a whole.

To be fair Milner today showed why we were right to snap Villa's hands off for £12m. A hardworking player, but lacks pace and crossing and shooting ability.

The way Setanta were saying he has pace etc before the game was laughable. It's like they just recite the 'rough guide to premier league reputations' before every game.

Guest Jawesome

Aye he was awful.  It was funny when he tried to skin Enrique and then beat him in an acceleration race, but failed, massively.  Might be 'cos he isn't worth 12 million.

It would be very easy to call Milner shite and explain how I am wiping the tears of laughter away with a crisp £20 from the £12 Millions worth we got for him.

But seriously, he was very poor tonight, no crossing didn't get past Enrique once to my knowledge, didn't really look up for it.

I actually shouted out tonight, ha, Milner has just been pushed off the ball off Enrique, what a tart. I had a few chuckles around me actually  :lol: I've had an eventful day  :snod:  :colo:

Like I've said a few times, if we'd sold Milner in June for £12m, and then signed Gutierrez 3-days before the deadline day for half of that amount, I don't think we'd have been getting the, "but we didn't replace Milner" sh*te that's been spouted.

Fact is, we replaced him before he left...not often Newcastle actually do that!

Like I've said a few times, if we'd sold Milner in June for £12m, and then signed Gutierrez 3-days before the deadline day for half of that amount, I don't think we'd have been getting the, "but we didn't replace Milner" sh*te that's been spouted.

Fact is, we replaced him before he left...not often Newcastle actually do that!

lets be honest,as someone who didn't think milner was anywhere near as bad as many thought......selling milner for 7mill and buying jonas for 11 mill would still have been good business.

to think, we let milner take freekicks all that time, when nicky butt is far better. geremi can fuck off from 25 yards as well now.

Lets not get carried away, the fact that Nicky Butt was our best option to take a freekick is a worry on it's own tbh.