KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I may be the only person on here tonight who is glad that Keegan has walked away. At least can hold his head high and be honest and say it wasn't him but the board.

This could just be moment when all true Newcastle fans join together and bring down the current regime.

I guarentee that there will still be 20,000 to 30,000 fair weather fans at the next home game, fans who couldn't give a shit about the way Keegan has been backstabbed and the way the club is now being run. They jumped on the bandwagon when we were doing well and now want their money's worth.

I've supported the toon for the last 40 years and can't believe the mentallity of today's fans, who after seeing what has just happened to Keegan, will still turn up for the Hull game.

I'd rather see 52,000 fans outside the ground than one inside it against Hull, maybe then Ashley will sell up now rather than try and make a profit of a club that has went tits up and is a laughing stock again.

The WHOLE squad was up for sale on monday and Wise wanted 4 mill for Smith rather than the 2 on offer. On monday I did honestly think Keegan ran the team, obviously not.

Im glad he has walked away with his pride and dignity intact.

This setup we tried to install is for the most part, very succesful on the continent, where teams are so much better at identifying talent and bringing this talent through, before selling this talent to the premier league mugs for outrageous prices.

All day I've heard Englishmen saying it never works. Way too stuck in their own ways, and not open minded to change or evolving.

Manager and manager only.

4-4-2 and 4-4-2 only.

Gerrard in centre midfield. Players in one position and one position only.

etc etc etc.

Very frustrating.

I'm with you. Keegan wasn't right for us this time. We should keep at it, impressed with progress so far, get in a man to work with our setup.

It's taken me a while to get on here.  I was so shocked I couldn't watch or look at anything football related.  I'm no going to lie, I cried tonight when I heard the news, not just because of KK but what it means to my beloved team.  Ashley, Llambias, Wise, Jimenez I don't care who is to blame but this is the worst I've felt since I can remember, we've turned from gold into s***.  I was positive under Keegan that this season would be great, even if we didn't get into europe, the way we've played made me very excited, some of the best football I've seen since Bobby.  It's not just that though, the only manager that's going to come in will be foreign which I don't mind but Ashley has shown his intentions, he is not going to invest significant amounts, he's bought us, and the club will have to run off it's own money and we are just a f***ing marketing arm for Sports Direct as well as a money making machine for Ashley.  I've backed him until now but that's it for me, he doesn't love the toon, he just want's to be the big man and own a football club without sticking in the money.  I know he's invested 250m but if you do that, take a risk, trust the man you appointed and back him to make the right decisions instead of your london based corporate machine which he didn't even back in the market either.

This setup we tried to install is for the most part, very succesful on the continent, where teams are so much better at identifying talent and bringing this talent through, before selling this talent to the premier league mugs for outrageous prices.

All day I've heard Englishmen saying it never works. Way too stuck in their own ways, and not open minded to change or evolving.

Manager and manager only.

4-4-2 and 4-4-2 only.

Gerrard in centre midfield. Players in one position and one position only.

etc etc etc.

Very frustrating.

Fool, go away and play football manager some more.

Guest graemeh72

Just out of curiousity ..

Is there anybody that can tell me what is being broadcast on NUFC TV at the moment?

... A replay of Only Fools and Horses perhaps?

Sadly, it was only a matter of time for the inevitable to happen. Keegan was gone the moment he confronted the Chairman. Both sides lawyers have probably been thrashing out details about pay-off's, official statements and gagging clauses for the past couple of days. Keegan was naive to think that Ashley would sack him outright and thus get a massive payout as stipulated in his contract. Some sort of compromise has finally been reached and the club have allowed Keegan to release a farewell statement. Am I angry? Yes, of course. My club - OUR club - has taken a major step back both on and off the field.

There are now two issues outstanding. 1. The position of Ashley and his Board at Newcastle United. As of now this is untenable due to the shock and high emotions hanging over the club. Ashley needs to seriously consider his ownership of Newcastle United. I believe he will do this and be advised to sell. I have always thought that Ashley wants the club to be lean and mean for future sale. A sale which has come much sooner than he originally thought. No doubt Police advice will be for those members of the Board to stay away from St James Park for the foreseable future.

2. New Manager. A difficult one for whoever comes in would be working under the same "rules" as Keegan. I am still mystified as to why Keegan took the job when he must have been made fully aware of the structure being set in place. I feel after the past weeks events the new manager will have more influence in matters of recruitment. Shearer has already been mentioned. I sincerely hope not. A great player but lacking in important aspects of character and charisma to be a manager.

So that's that. Another page of Newcastle United history turned. We're shocked. Sad. Angry. Stunned. But we move on. Newcastle United was here before I was born and will be here long after I'm gone. I support my club through thick and thin. I support Newcastle United no matter what.

NUFC SENIOR SOURCE: WE did everything we could to keep Keegan

They can fuck right off with that shite as well! We don't want, nor do we need a shitty director of football when we had someone perfectly capable of signing his own players and creating a good team ffs.

Guest apple79

For the thinking supporter Keegan will get the backlash, for the others... Ashley will.

That's rubbish. Don't act as if you're smart please.

Exactly. smart people realise the extent of the problem were in, any top football manager wouldnt put up with what keegan has. They've pushed him out through incompetent decisions.

Feeling very empty. Combination of feeling crushed that Kevin has gone and immense embarassment. The whole country just fucking laughing at us again.

Something new has to happen now though. Ashley has to speak publicly and on TV. No way can he avoid not talking about what has happened. He cant get away with just issuing web site statements.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

All they had to say was "you can have 100% control on which players leave and arrive at the football club".

It's taken me a while to get on here.  I was so shocked I couldn't watch or look at anything football related.  I'm no going to lie, I cried tonight when I heard the news, not just because of KK but what it means to my beloved team.  Ashley, Llambias, Wise, Jimenez I don't care who is to blame but this is the worst I've felt since I can remember, we've turned from gold into s***.  I was positive under Keegan that this season would be great, even if we didn't get into europe, the way we've played made me very excited, some of the best football I've seen since Bobby.  It's not just that though, the only manager that's going to come in will be foreign which I don't mind but Ashley has shown his intentions, he is not going to invest significant amounts, he's bought us, and the club will have to run off it's own money and we are just a f***ing marketing arm for Sports Direct as well as a money making machine for Ashley.  I've backed him until now but that's it for me, he doesn't love the toon, he just want's to be the big man and own a football club without sticking in the money.  I know he's invested 250m but if you do that, take a risk, trust the man you appointed and back him to make the right decisions instead of your london based corporate machine which he didn't even back in the market either.

:clap: Spot on.

Apart from sack Wise, Lambias and leaving Keegan to do his own thing of course.

This is one massive fucking joke, really cannot be fucked with this anywmore.  Its just one thing after another.

The biggest thing by far that disappoints me is the fact that going to the matches wont be as good any more. Keegan had got the team playing well and i was for the first time in several years enjoying turning up and watching the team play some good stuff. Whilst i think the board room stuff is ludicrous, at the end of the day thats not what im interested in. I pay to watch good football, and i feel that with keegan now gone the chances of seeing that on a regular basis are somewhat diminished.

Guest The Zog

Boycotting the Hull game isn't the way to go about things, the players don't deserve it. They're going to be as gutted/disillusioned as all of us and as fans of the club it's our duty to support the players. That's what I'll be doing. If people want to make their feelings known through some sort of protest then surely the most effective way would be a full house supporting the team but making it clear they're aren't happy (if that makes sense) with banners, a 90 minute stand up or simply chanting for Keegan all match. Something like that.

Kevin Keegan - Official NUFC Club Statement

Newcastle United Football Club is sad and disappointed that Kevin Keegan has resigned.

Over the last few days the Club has devoted itself to the discussions it has held with Kevin and as a result of those discussions had put together a set of practical suggestions for how to move forward.

Today the Club made it clear to Kevin that if he had any outstanding concerns on its proposals, he should raise them with the Club.

The Club regrets that Kevin has, instead of taking up that offer, chosen to resign.

They can fuck right off with that shite as well! We don't want, nor do we need a shitty director of football when we had someone perfectly capable of signing his own players and creating a good team ffs.

You know what, for all his faults at least Freddy faced the media when he got rid of managers

Well said, this whole saga has massivley taken away from the fact that the club fucked up majorly at the end of the transfer window, something which will become apparent with another couple of injuries.

Having said that, the simple fact is that come Christmas, with a new manager settled in (assuming they aren't THAT stupid and appoint some one like Wise) then most of us will have moved on and be fully behind the team again, hoping for a European spot and a cup run.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Kevin Keegan - Official NUFC Club Statement

Newcastle United Football Club is sad and disappointed that Kevin Keegan has resigned.

Over the last few days the Club has devoted itself to the discussions it has held with Kevin and as a result of those discussions had put together a set of practical suggestions for how to move forward.

Today the Club made it clear to Kevin that if he had any outstanding concerns on its proposals, he should raise them with the Club.

The Club regrets that Kevin has, instead of taking up that offer, chosen to resign.

What a load of shite.

The biggest thing by far that disappoints me is the fact that going to the matches wont be as good any more. Keegan had got the team playing well and i was for the first time in several years enjoying turning up and watching the team play some good stuff. Whilst i think the board room stuff is ludicrous, at the end of the day thats not what im interested in. I pay to watch good football, and i feel that with keegan now gone the chances of seeing that on a regular basis are somewhat diminished.

I said earlier, I was really enjoying going to the match again.

Win, lose or draw, the heart was back in the club after a series of managers who were a mixture of wet and uninspiring, totally inept and/or absolute cunts. KK is the antithesis of every one of them and that heart has just been ripped out.