KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keegan didn't give it enough of a chance for me. At least he could have waited to see if thes players were bad or if it was too difficult to work with them, or if the team was faltering badly because of them.

Don't talk s***. Who the f*** do you think gets the blame if they're s****?

How often do we say of a new manager "he needs time to get his own team together" and you reckon that he shouldn't get the opportunity at all? Give your head a f***ing shake.

Who's to stay the club didn't bust their balls to get the players Keegan wanted but couldn't for whatever reason?

Did Keegan then offer up alternatives? Or did he not have any?

If he didn't have any alternatives, should the club then do what? Are they then wrong to offer up alternatives and try to bring these in as long as they are good players, which they have been?

My head doesn't need a shake. I'm thinking about this very clearly and rationally, without getting emotional.

A lot of you guys need to calm down. Bailing out on the club now will acheive what exactly then?

Keegan is a great man, but he is not God. I'm sure he has some faults as well, and maybe they let him down in this instance.

Everyone is just assuming the club was hell bent on making his life hell. I am yet to see good evidence of this.

We are now hearing Keegan was not even willing to take their offers of changes into account ... why?

This is just an infortunate situation and we have to move forward, and continue to support the club.

Keegan didn't give it enough of a chance for me. At least he could have waited to see if thes players were bad or if it was too difficult to work with them, or if the team was faltering badly because of them.

How often do we say of a new manager "he needs time to get his own team together" and you reckon that he shouldn't get the opportunity at all? Give your head a f***ing shake.

Who's to stay the club didn't bust their balls to get the players Keegan wanted but couldn't for whatever reason?

If he didn't have any alternatives, should the club then do what? Are they then wrong to offer up alternatives and try to bring these in as long as they are good players, which they have been?

My head doesn't need a shake. I'm thinking about this very clearly and rationally, without getting emotional.

A lot of you guys need to calm down. Bailing out on the club now will acheive what exactly then?

Keegan is a great man, but he is not God. I'm sure he has some faults as well, and maybe they let him down in this instance.

Everyone is just assuming the club was hell bent on making his life hell. I am yet to see good evidence of this.

We are now hearing Keegan was not even willing to take their offers of changes into account ... why?

This is just an infortunate situation and we have to move forward, and continue to support the club.

Yes Kaka we know.

You're an Ashleyite.

Very cute Parky.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable in what I am saying.

It's very unfortunate people talking about sabotaging their own club. Turning on players who have just joined your club? It's not right.

At the very wost the board has made a huge mistake, which unfortunately they were unable to correct by convincing Keegan to stay.

Let's give them an opportunity to get it right then. I think they deserve that much at least, afterall they did bring in Keegan in the first place and initially it was great.

Guest bluegeordie

In my view, playing any sort of "blame game" where KK and the Board is concerned is utterly pointless at this stage for at least two reasons: 1) while we can theorise all we want, we remain in the dark over exactly who has done and said what in this whole sorry affair, and plausible theories can be advanced to heap shit on both sides; and 2) even if we could apportion blame with 100% accuracy (Ashley gets 21 units of blame, Wise 45, Keegan 17 etc), what exactly would that achieve at this point? The plain fact (painful as it may be) is that KK is gone, but the club remains, and we have 3 points to fight for in just over a week's time.

As the truth of what's transpired progressively comes to light in the days and weeks ahead, there will be ample opportunity for us to rationally apportion blame for what went wrong with KK's tenure as manager. But what's of more urgency now is trying to get this train wreck of a club back on the rails, and boycotts and protests are going to achieve that how, exactly?           

season over.

back to square 1 again

anyone with a passing interest in football in the UK / EU / World pissing their pants at NUFC

the media having a field day

no decent managers will touch the job

very few players will want to join such a shambolic club

fans at loggerheads

a tightarse billionaire in charge

fucking hell

Lot of people are forgetting that it was Keegan who walked out.  ???

Ashley, Wise nor Llambias sacked him. He chose to resign tonight. No-one held a gun to his head and i this has been rumbling on for a while, why choose to walk out now and not when it started?

The way the club have dealt with this, to both the fans and to Keegan himself, is nothing short of a disgrace. I wonder if Mort had seen things coming and left because he didn't like the way things were going.

Mort was always just a temporary chairman, that was made quite clear from the start.

How can people on here suggest that KK has been impulsive, it has taken (at least) 3 days to get to this decision. The problems have been brewing since the day Wise was appointed.

The only thing Keegan has been doing over the last few days is making sure he isn't out of pocket by leaving.

He's managed to persuade the club to pay him all his wages despite resigning has he? :rolleyes:  Do me a favour, go and take a walk on the highway with your eye's closed.

Ashley, Wise nor Llambias sacked him. He chose to resign tonight. No-one held a gun to his head and i this has been rumbling on for a while, why choose to walk out now and not when it started?

Because he didn't expect his entire 1st team squad to be up for sale more than likely.

Yes Kaka we know.

You're an Ashleyite.

Very cute Parky.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable in what I am saying.

It's very unfortunate people talking about sabotaging their own club. Turning on players who have just joined your club? It's not right.

At the very wost the board has made a huge mistake, which unfortunately they were unable to correct by convincing Keegan to stay.

Let's give them an opportunity to get it right then. I think they deserve that much at least, afterall they did bring in Keegan in the first place and initially it was great.

Seriously, are you on drugs?  Ashley the cockney asset-stripping shyster and his cronies are fatally wounded by this whole affair - there's no way back for them after this. 

Ok then, your are the MANAGER of your company, but I (as the CEO) am going to bring in your staff and sack \ get rid of others behind your back; how do you feel? I know how I would fucking feel, bye bye job!!!

Because he didn't expect his entire 1st team squad to be up for sale more than likely.

They weren't all "up for sale", but all were open to offers if too good to turn down...which Keegan said himself on Friday did he not?

Can you prove that? :lol:

I'd imagine the end of the transfer window exacerbated things. He seemed confident in getting the players he wanted when we sold Milner. Obviously he didn't.

How can people on here suggest that KK has been impulsive, it has taken (at least) 3 days to get to this decision. The problems have been brewing since the day Wise was appointed.

The only thing Keegan has been doing over the last few days is making sure he isn't out of pocket by leaving.

He's managed to persuade the club to pay him all his wages despite resigning has he? :rolleyes:  Do me a favour, go and take a walk on the highway with your eye's closed.

There was something the other day about him saying that he was fired withour due...something or another. Said that made him eligible for his 8 million payout. Also, he apparently had a clause in his contract that said he had to pay 1 million if he resigned. He either negotiated his payoff, or got out of owing the club.

The club is clearly putting the blame on Keegan - do they really think that fans are that stupid to buy that?!

He deserves some of the blame tbf

Some of it - maybe. But not all the blame. Because the situation had to be really extreme for him to jump out of the ship at this point.

Guest mackas86

another season over already, wish i could switch my feelings for this club off and not let this affect me, but the fact is i cant and i know i will stand by the club but f**k me its hard

Guest unrealterrorist

All this s**** about not going to the Hull game, f*** off man... There will be 11 Newcastle United players running out onto that pitch that deserve our support its not their fault and the backed Keegan too. We need the squad to stay together with us behind them, its easy to sing "SELL SELL SELL THE CLUB" and still back the team..

I 100% agree again support the team supoort each other tell the fat goyte incharge exactly what we think.

Ok then, your are the MANAGER of your company, but I (as the CEO) am going to bring in your staff and sack \ get rid of others behind your back; how do you feel? I know how I would fucking feel, bye bye job!!!

If he was going to make a stand and show Ashley he wasn't going to stand for being undermined he should have done it a long time ago.

Him walking out now has dropped the club in the shit. He might have had his reasons but his timing has damaged the club.