KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest MagicNumber9

But seriously though, if it turns out KK has been sacked... where do we honestly go? Personally I dont want this heirarchy in place, im praying DIC come in for a bid and buy us out, so we have to start all over again...

Makes you wonder now, given Ashley is going to get so much s*** over this, that he may think it would have been better selling out to the Abu Dabi group.  What a different day we would all be experiencing now if that had come off :(

Just look at how happy and ecstatic the citeh fans are, I never thought id see that day.... only a couple of seasons ago they were in the sh!t, now there competing with Cheleas money and have ambitions bigger then Ashleys gut.

How things can change :(

Guest optimistic nit

I think this is the lowest I've ever felt about NUFC.

i felt much lower in the shepheard era post robson, but from a period of big high, to big low, this fall has been the most dramatic.

yep.

i'll feel worse when it's official, i'm still clinging on to that tiny bit of hope atm

Me too. :(

I can't see where I we go from here and I don't even want to. I don't want anyone else in charge.

I think it hurts that little bit more, that little bit of hope, because you build yourself up ("Oh, it's just a load of crap, Keegan will stay, the media have it wrong") that if it is confirmed, it'll hit home even more.

I don't want him to leave, I want KK as manager. Anyone else just won't hold that same love and respect.

yep.

i'll feel worse when it's official, i'm still clinging on to that tiny bit of hope atm

I can't see where I we go from here and I don't even want to. I don't want anyone else in charge.

Given the rumour about Poyet both you and I may yet feel even worse!

Surprised non of the media have gone to see if KK is at home..

I think there is actually something in that if they havent.. had plenty of time

Setanta constantly saying that they've had people call in saying they saw him on the A69.

What, bumming a lift?

Parked in a layby........

Guest marky555

If there is some kind of attempt from Ashley etc. to try and get Keegan to perform a U-turn he should tell them to fuck right off.

This hierarchy needs removing, and thats not a knee jerk reaction, things havent been rosy from day 1 and this is the product of all that shite that's clearly been going on for months.

Premiership football is in a serious state in my opinion.

hopefully if kk has walked ashley is trying to persuade him to come back and saying that he will alter the structure for kk. hopefully the fans outside the stadium have given the motivation to ashley to make this happen. maybe this is why there has been no announcement yet. if he hasnt been sacked it can still been rectified

Guest LucaAltieri

In order to save money, Keegan was doing double duty as the Webmaster.  Since he has gone, apparently, there is no one there to update the website with the news...

Can't see many of the muppets outside SJP checking the official site on their iPhone.

In order to save money, Keegan was doing double duty as the Webmaster.  Since he has gone, apparently, there is no one there to update the website with the news...

:lol: Breaking News lads: I've gone.

PS: Someone tell Wise he's a nob.

Guest optimistic nit

yep.

please dont.

i'm still hoping its not real too. if he does go, we need a fucking good replacement.

Tell My Familiy that i love them, Im About to commit sucide in about 2 minutes.

Oh dear......absolutely no need mate!

What method are you going to use?

Hi im his Boss. He jumped into a container that presses all the garbage together, just Pancake now. Im not that bothered tbh. He was only reading Newcastle news during the days at work anyway.

I still think there's no way he has been sacked or asked to leave. If that was the case we would know by now, and it doesn't make any kind of sense.

The only way he will be leaving is if he has walked of his own accord, and if he's threatening that let's hope the delay is because talks are ongoing.

Something isnt right here, recent interviews, even from just a couple of days ago dont point to this at all, its unimaginable. I fucking hope to god we are told facts rather than a statement of just "Kevin Keegan has departed company with Newcastle United", which is probably what we will get.

Guest MagicNumber9

Quire funny, wasn't very sure when KK came back to us, thought it wouldnt have that same "magic" as it did first time round.... but he won me over, he fills me with confidence, his players, the fans, things to me were finally looking good putting aside money issues, nobody will be able to give me that feel good factor like KK has.

Fingers crossed this is all a load bullshi...

Even after the 'official announcement', the fans won't go anywhere.

I doubt we'll see Ashley on the steps of SJP trying to explain his decision, he doesn't have the balls to face that lot today.

I can't bare listening to the snippets of his interviews on SSN.

I don't want any other person managing this club. :( Agree with Wullie in that, and yeah, i think this just about is the lowest i've ever felt.

Guest LucaAltieri

anyone else starting to think we're not gonna get a statement from the club today? and does anyone think that had kk left, been fired, whatever, he would just come out and say so? he'll know how worried everyone is about it

If there was nothing going on don't you think they'd come out and say so?

Keegan on the brink

Boss fails to take training after meeting with board

Last updated: 2nd September 2008

Sky Sports News understands Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan has left his position at St James' Park.

Keegan returned for his second stint as Magpies boss in January, but rumours suggest he could be leaving his role.

Sky Sports News understands Keegan did not take training on Tuesday and met with board members on Monday.

Speculation is claiming that Keegan has been unhappy with the club's transfer dealings during the summer and is ready to leave St James' Park.

The Magpies have made several signings in recent weeks, but doubts have persisted over Keegan's future at the helm.

Since replacing Sam Allardyce at the start of this year, Keegan has won six of his 21 games in charge.

Despite Saturday's 3-0 defeat at Arsenal, Newcastle had made a bright start to the new campaign, following up a draw at champions Manchester United by beating Bolton Wanderers at home.

Newcastle also set up a Carling Cup third round meeting with holders Tottenham following last week's 3-2 extra-time win at Coventry City.

And now on skybet:

Next Newcastle manager

D Wise 4/1  C Ranieri 25/1  S Bilic 33/1 

D Deschamps 8/1  Q Flores 25/1  G Souness 33/1 

D Moyes 8/1  M Jol 25/1  Zico 33/1 

A Shearer 8/1  U Emery 25/1  S Eriksson 33/1 

G Poyet 8/1  G Arconada 25/1  O Hitzfeld 33/1 

H Redknapp 10/1  R Koeman 25/1  S Coppell 33/1 

F Rijkaard 10/1  S Bruce 25/1  T Venables 33/1 

G Houllier 10/1  G Hoddle 25/1  D OLeary 33/1 

M Lotina 12/1  G Strachan 33/1  S McClaren 33/1 

R Mancini 16/1  S Pearce 33/1  R Gullitt 50/1 

J Camacho 16/1  D Advocatt 33/1  R Keane 50/1 

G Vialli 20/1  J Toshack 33/1  G Graham 66/1 

J Irureta 20/1  C Coleman 33/1  K Dalglish 66/1 

J Aguirre 20/1  R Martinez 33/1  W Smith 66/1 

L Van Gaal 25/1  A Grant 33/1  S Allardyce 100/1 

Ker-ching. :dave:

They've set this up so they can make money. Bloody Romans.

yep.

He's probably the one person who could stop me going back. I don't despise anyone more in football than that cunt.